Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Catch yourselves on. What about ya? Any chance they'll give Jim early release? That is great news about Elizabeth, so it is.

No no no. Cannot bring back jim, liz will be bad enough to deal with. Corrie needs a new family, They can move into kevins now empty house. Maybe even buy out kevin at the garage, if he has to stay looking after his daddy. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    No no no. Cannot bring back jim, liz will be bad enough to deal with. Corrie needs a new family, They can move into kevins now empty house. Maybe even buy out kevin at the garage, if he has to stay looking after his daddy. :P

No, no, no. We got a new family. They're called the Prices and we can't stand them. Apart from Eva ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Why is pretty much everyone on the street English? Apart from the polish woman killed in the factory, I can't think of the last time they had someone who wasn't British as a regular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

LizT wrote: »
    Why is pretty much everyone on the street English? Apart from the polish woman killed in the factory, I can't think of the last time they had someone who wasn't British as a regular.

isn't michelle supposed to be Irish? or is it her family live here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah she is right about them but her whole attitude is that of a spoilt brat. She gave her mother her advice and her opinion. Stella is old enough to make her own mistakes, Leanne should just stand back and if /when it all falls apart be there for her mother. But knowing Leanne it will all be 'i told ya so'.

If my mother, sister or friend was intent on marrying a man that had already stolen from her, cheated on her and had threatened me whilst looking at me with murder in his eyes I would be very vocal as to why the marriage shouldn't take place. Leanne already picked up the pieces a couple of times - people need to learn from their own experience for themselves or stand on their own. If Leanne announced she was getting back with Peter you can be damn sure that Stella wouldn't stay silent on the subject.
    Radio5 wrote: »
    I think they've just run out of storylines for Steve really and are keeping him as a wallpaper character, in the background of other people's storylines. He's a link to Corrie's past and a family that was once a big part of the Street so I think that's why they keep him on.

He's been married 4 times and divorced from all of them, had the Tracy/ Amy sagas which went on and on forever, he's gone from being a t-shirt maker to property developer, to pub landlord to taxi owner, & once lived in the same posh apartment block as Mike Baldwin did back in the day. He nearly died at least once and nearly crippled his dad (so he did son).

I'd say they've run out of things to do with him other than stick him as the henpecked male in the middle of the Liz v Michelle battle ( Again :rolleyes: ).

I think they should groom Steve - make him go to the gym to get away from Jozef and the situation at home and bring him back into good shape like he was 20 years ago - a set of blue contacts (why oh why did those oh so blue eyes fade) and then villainise him to something worse than Alan Bradley by bringing in a new character who tries to take Michelle from him. He could also sort out soppy Ryan while in that new guise.

As for a new family - bring in a great/granddaughter of Annie Walker to take over the pub (maybe we discover Annie had a baby that she had adopted. She could be good looking, intelligent, well read and million miles away from the busty, blonde landladies of recent times. It would be nice to see Mike Baldwin reincarnated in the form of his son reappearing - cause ructions between Ca-lah and Pe-tah.

They need lots of new blood to interact with the characters now. There don't seem to be as many people living on the street as there used to be and those that live there don't appear for months at a time. What happened to Faye and her dubious dad? They only live over the shop but not even a sighting in recent weeks.

I have too much time on my hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If my mother, sister or friend was intent on marrying a man that had already stolen from her, cheated on her and had threatened me whilst looking at me with murder in his eyes I would be very vocal as to why the marriage shouldn't take place. Leanne already picked up the pieces a couple of times - people need to learn from their own experience for themselves or stand on their own. If Leanne announced she was getting back with Peter you can be damn sure that Stella wouldn't stay silent on the subject.
    Leanne's crap hardly smells of roses though. Her of all people should accept that mistakes do happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

MugMugs wrote: »
    Leanne's crap hardly smells of roses though. Her of all people should accept that mistakes do happen

Granted. However, when do you throw up your hands and say go ahead and make a complete bags of it when it's someone you care about? She's given in as gracefully as I would have if it was someone connected to me. She turned up to the wedding date drinks but managed to get a dig in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Granted. However, when do you throw up your hands and say go ahead and make a complete bags of it when it's someone you care about? She's given in as gracefully as I would have if it was someone connected to me. She turned up to the wedding date drinks but managed to get a dig in. :D

Leanne is such a spiteful character that it's hard for people to like her no matter what she does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Leanne is such a spiteful character that it's hard for people to like her no matter what she does.

She was OK when she was with Peter, her petty name calling only started when she got back together with Nick.

• Advertisement

Don't bring back Jim. Bring back Jim's brown leather jacket. It can move in with Kev's pinkish/lilac number and Fireman Paul's eyesore of a "jacket!. They have had some style in Corrie through the years!

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Don't bring back Jim. Bring back Jim's brown leather jacket. It can move in with Kev's pinkish/lilac number and Fireman Paul's eyesore of a "jacket!. They have had some style in Corrie through the years!

Michelle can buy Steve a brown leather jacket! Unknown to her, it actually is Jims leather jacket and Steve starts taking on some of Jims mannerisms like saying "Catch yerself on Michelle!", and when talking to Amy "Hows me wee babby"?. Also "Im off for a wee pint so I am". That would make Roys haunted cafe story in the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Leanne :o think she is one the best characters on the show, way better than the likes of Michelle, Carla, Stella, Katy, Tracey, Tina and Fiz etc.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like Leanne :o think she is one the best characters on the show, way better than the likes of Michelle, Carla, Stella, Katy, Tracey, Tina and Fiz etc.

Same. They're doing their best to make her a narky cow since she got with Nick though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

a little off topic but is the guy who played frank foster in the latest road safety ad from the rsa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Nevermind Jim Macdonald, bring back Fred Elliot, I say bring back Fred Elliot. The writers can earn their pay coming up with how to do so.

Jikashi wrote: »
    Nevermind Jim Macdonald, bring back Fred Elliot, I say bring back Fred Elliot. The writers can earn their pay coming up with how to do so.

I loved Fred, I say, I loved Fred. So, Fred can be taking a shower and R. Ashlaaaaaa barges in and next thing, Fred realizes....oh hang on.....maybe thats been done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I loved Fred, I say, I loved Fred. So, Fred can be taking a shower and R. Ashlaaaaaa barges in and next thing, Fred realizes....oh hang on.....maybe thats been done :D

So retcon all of the events of the last six years just to bring back Fred? I'd be okay with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jikashi wrote: »

Ah yeah, good oul Fred Elliot.One of the best characters of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

syklops wrote: »
    Considering Jason is dark, we would surely have seen this before. Smacks too much of "I hear you're a rascist now Father Paul"

Jasons dark? really... more sallow I was thinking
    Ann22 wrote: »
    She only took a proper dislike to Karl 'cos he gave Our Si a clip round the ear or something for being a little bollix

Her Si deserves a wallop never mind a clip round the ear- hes the cheekiest child ive ever seen:mad:
    jimmyw wrote: »
    Steve showing Ryan how to change a nappy? Somehow I dont think he will put that skill to use for too long.....me thinks.

I cringed watching that scene because it was so obviously a rushed story to make up for the absence of Ken
    Chucken wrote: »

Tina and the cornflakes Such a donation to the household!

I actually paused it at that stage cos my hubby roared out "So she went to Devs to buy Cornflakes to bring to Rita IN HER SHOP as a thank you when she could have just bought them in Ritas shop and proved her point that way"
    Gloria will be leaving at Christmas, I have to wonder if Karl will murder her:):):). Maybe he'll get a few months extension

:D:D:D:D:D
    It's daft the way Kylie didn't cop on that David knew something. What sort of a half wit is she??????? On the subject of Kylie, I can't believe what a likeable young one she's become compared to the way she was.

Ya If I treated my hubby to a night away n he was actn like a dog frothing at the mouth Id have some questions for him!!! Ah ya Becky was the same and look how well she turned out. Kylies gotten a lot of good stories latley
    I don't like Liz either - McDonald - not your good self LizT ;) - but I really liked poor old Vern, her love interest a few years ago. They should bring back Cilla instead, imagine the stories they could do between herself and Beth?

Ah poor Vern- poor man couldn't do right for doing wrong, I liked him:) HA!!!!!!!!! Imagine Beth and Cilla- I swear Beths her daughter *hello Corrie writers hello*

Hey now- Kens komodo deserves its place in the hall of fame too :P

Have to say looking back at Freds final episode I got a lump in my throat- brought back a flood of memories:)

• Advertisement

Jasons dark? really... more sallow I was thinking

You tell me.

Jason
    jason+grimshaw+arms+out.jpg

Lloyd
    200px-Lloyd_Mullaney.jpg

If we are to believe for a microsecond that Paul is racist towards Lloyd, why has he not been racist towards Jason?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Jason's father was in it for a while a few years ago and he was mixed race like Llyod. I don't think Paul is meant to be racist he just made a comment which has racist roots but he was just using it without thinking that it was offensive. Sort as if when he and Steve had been playing, Steve had been whining about something and he had said 'OMG, you're sooo ghey!' and Sean overheard and took offence.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

This is the guy who played Jason's dad.
    Alan_Igbon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I actually really did like her but I am have been rapidly loosing it.

I loved the bit where Peter went to Leeds and she was working in a restaurant as a waitress and they brought her back. She was nice then.

Now she's fierce narky with the world on her shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

jimmyw wrote: »
    Ah yeah, good oul Fred Elliot.One of the best characters of the show.

He died of a heart attack in Audrey's place can't see Corrie doing a "dirty den" moment

iguana wrote: »
    Jason's father was in it for a while a few years ago and he was mixed race like Llyod. I don't think Paul is meant to be racist he just made a comment which has racist roots but he was just using it without thinking that it was offensive. Sort as if when he and Steve had been playing, Steve had been whining about something and he had said 'OMG, you're sooo ghey!' and Sean overheard and took offence.

Im sorry, but the whole premise of the story line grinds my gears. So Paul says something that offends Lloyd and or Cheryl and it goes from a spat in the pub over a phrase most people have never heard of to dividing the entire street and possibly breaking up Eileen and Paul. I think it the whole thing is very badly handled and actually makes light of racial issues.
    I actually paused it at that stage cos my hubby roared out "So she went to Devs to buy Cornflakes to bring to Rita IN HER SHOP as a thank you when she could have just bought them in Ritas shop and proved her point that way"

Rita doesn't sell corn flakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

syklops wrote: »
    Im sorry, but the whole premise of the story line grinds my gears. So Paul says something that offends Lloyd and or Cheryl and it goes from a spat in the pub over a phrase most people have never heard of to dividing the entire street and possibly breaking up Eileen and Paul. I think it the whole thing is very badly handled and actually makes light of racial issues.

Has anyone actually seen the episode yet, or just the spoiler clip. We should probably wait and see how the story develops first. :o

Red Kev wrote: »
    Has anyone actually seen the episode yet, or just the spoiler clip. We should probably wait and see how the story develops first. :o

In fairness, it's fairly obvious. Lloyd and Jenna overhear, Paul says he's only joking, Lloyd and Jenna say he's racist, Paul doesn't think he's done anything wrong, people stop talking to Paul, Eileen gets angry and eventually Paul is shamed into either leaving the street or apologising and everyone goes back to playing happy families. Long time since there's been a shock in corrie :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Why would anyone want to know what happens before it occurs on screen?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement