Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glasses

Options
  • 04-05-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Do lads find girls in glasses sexy or the other way around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im a fan of a good looking guy in glasses is must be said

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Depends on the person and the glasses.

I'm not a fan of the coke bottle lens look but I do like those thick black rimmed square glasses on either girls or boys. I think they just look gooooood!

Mainly because I wear them in lectures :cool: (they actually look kinda like those!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Depends on the glasses and the face, I think.

I looked ridiculous in my old glasses, but I like my new ones. My boyfriend has told me I should wear them more often, so they can't be that bad.

Guys who wear glasses can be pretty sexy sometimes. One of my best guy mates recently got glasses, and went from vaguely good looking to, woah, I would.

If you get glasses to suit your face shape/eye & skin colour, they can be pretty hot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The right glasses on a girl are very smexy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I like a lad in glasses! and if he's holding a guitar, all the better.....:p

• Advertisement

Its your kind that causes hippies :mad:

Its your kind that causes hippies :mad:

Whats wrong with hippies?
    you're just jealous, because deep down, you know you want one of these
    http://www.speedace.info/speedace_images/VW_hippie_peace_camper_kombi_wagen.jpg

Theres a big difference between hippy vans and hippies.
    The vans are cool. Hippies just smell

Theres a big difference between hippy vans and hippies.
    The vans are cool. Hippies just smell

Touche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Touche.

Yea girls are sexy alrite in glasses "Oh yea who's your dad bitch:D"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rivers Cuomo...now that that moment of gayness has passed, I agree, right glasses on right girl is always good to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i have them and have been told i look like a completely different person when i'm wearing them and when i'm not. i really should have asked which was better....

if they're nice glasses and they suit him they can look really sexy on guys i think anyway. as pretty much everyone has already said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I really like glasses on guys! If they're the right shape and style and all they just look delicious.... nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Yes, I find they boost the auld appeal, on some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 iheartboosh

yeah I've been wearing glasses since the age of two and I've always been concious as to whether boys would find me unattractive because of them
    I used to look like a right noob in some of my old pairs..thank god I have those cool dark-rimmed ones now :D
    Guys look great in glasses btw :) (especially with long hair..mmmm)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

On the topic, does anyone hate shopping for new specs? I really hate it, had to go in last Saturday in an emergency after my pair broke on Friday night (and my others broke last year) so didn't have a choice whether to get new ones or not, and by God do I hate shopping for glasses. My new babies:pac::

http://www.specsavers.ie/glasses/designer-glasses/red-or-dead-38

http://www.specsavers.ie/glasses/designer-glasses/quiksilver-23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

It'd be more the breaking/losing of my glasses I'd be annoyed about. I lose my glasses constantly (don't have to wear them all the time... Don't lose them off my face :p), but yeah, it's very annoying.

Shopping for glasses, meh. Wouldn't dread it, wouldn't rush out to get new ones unless it was necessary either.

They're lovely! Really like the first pair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

there was a really hot girl in my grinds class all year, she looked damn good with glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I dream of the day I can get one of those, but by the time i could il be 30 and I refuse to buy one then because Il only make it look uncool... come to think of it if I got one now I'd only bring it down

It'd be more the breaking/losing of my glasses I'd be annoyed about. I lose my glasses constantly (don't have to wear them all the time... Don't lose them off my face :p), but yeah, it's very annoying.

Shopping for glasses, meh. Wouldn't dread it, wouldn't rush out to get new ones unless it was necessary either.

They're lovely! Really like the first pair :)

Actually in the 6 years I've worn these are the first two pairs of glasses which have been broken or broke on me (one pair broke after I got jumped on and battered and the other just broke from wear and tear). I usually don't lose them outside my bedroom, that only happens when I come in drunk and just put them anywhere.:D

Ye when you break your last and only pair of glasses on a Friday night of a Bank Holiday weekend and need them by Wednesday for your leaving it becomes dreadful but necessary.

Ye the first pair are my prime pair, the Quiksilver are my back ups. Thanks.;)

Possibly my last set of specs ever, possibly one one though, as my eyes seem to having less changes, so once they even out I'm off for laser eye.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 iheartboosh

Possibly my last set of specs ever, possibly one one though, as my eyes seem to having less changes, so once they even out I'm off for laser eye.:)
    Yeah my prescription for my glasses hasn't changed in a long time so my eye-doctor says I'm a very suitable candidate for laser-eye surgery once I turn 18 :D
    Losing glasses is a massive pain in the arse btw D: Lol I got new ones last April from specsavers and I foolishly chose a really crap pair for my back ups, and I have a tendancy to forget where I left my glasses on a day-to-day basis (they usually end up down the side of the couch:o) so I'm taking extra special care of these new ones :D
    If only I had contacts....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Depends on the person, depends on the glasses.

Typically, I like the look.

I also like looking at things when I'm wear glasses, they allow me to see, I'm going seriously blind!

Yeah my prescription for my glasses hasn't changed in a long time so my eye-doctor says I'm a very suitable candidate for laser-eye surgery once I turn 18 :D
    Losing glasses is a massive pain in the arse btw D: Lol I got new ones last April from specsavers and I foolishly chose a really crap pair for my back ups, and I have a tendancy to forget where I left my glasses on a day-to-day basis (they usually end up down the side of the couch:o) so I'm taking extra special care of these new ones :D
    If only I had contacts....

:D

You know you can get 5 free pairs of contacts with Specsavers and then a free course on how to put them in and take them out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I wear them, but I don't like them on guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

On the topic, does anyone hate shopping for new specs? I really hate it, had to go in last Saturday in an emergency after my pair broke on Friday night (and my others broke last year) so didn't have a choice whether to get new ones or not, and by God do I hate shopping for glasses. My new babies:pac::

http://www.specsavers.ie/glasses/designer-glasses/red-or-dead-38

http://www.specsavers.ie/glasses/designer-glasses/quiksilver-23

Shopping for glasses is the most annoying thing in the world!
    You can never see what you look like, cos you have to take your actual glasses off to try the new ones on!
    And it just takes soooo long to decide,cos it's a pretty big decision for me as I wear them all the time!
    Hmm, I dunno how I feel about guys with glasses! never fancied one anyway! my bf seems to like mine though...or at least he says he does! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

i actually have a thing for guys with glasses (and braces:D). i'm always being slagged about it but i think they're quite cute...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Some (most) girls can look pretty good in glasses.

As for guys, I wear glasses so they must be pretty damn sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How about drumsticks? :cool:
    no, not chicken drumsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

FredBaby! wrote: »
    i actually have a thing for guys with glasses (and braces:D). i'm always being slagged about it but i think they're quite cute...:cool:

I love guys with braces. :o
    Not so much glasses though.
    Im a metalmouth myself but I hate them on me.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I love glasses! I really like mine,and I think that for the most part,they look pretty good on everyone. :)

Advertisement