Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you use the internet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Matt Holck wrote: »
    I don't have time or desire to threat you with the respect I receive
    I'm glad to hear that, I dislike being threatened. I'm shocked to hear that people threaten you - that certainly is very disrespectful. I would encourage you to find some way of changing your situation to remove yourself from the people threatening you. Beyond that I do not consider myself qualified to give you advice, but perhaps you should go to a counsellor or some other professional to talk about things.
    Best of luck with this. I hope you resolve things soon. And remember: Just because they threaten you, it doesn't mean you deserve it. Take inspiration from those tampon ads. Whenever they threaten you, just imagine the voiceover in those ads saying "You're worth it" - not worth the threats of course, but better treatment - Human treatment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The internet put stuff on my computer when I wasn't looking,

honest M'lud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Look there is nothing new about this whole dilema facing mankind:

computer viruses can make ya feel ill.

Morse code could easily be intercepted&the spam it carried often contained the Go go go for military action by sleepers during wartime=killed people.

carrier pidgeons carried bird flu=killed people

call it what ya like communicating is a dangerous thing.

effective from midnight boards.ie is being placed in Quarantine from some Swine in the W.H.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

pwd wrote: »
    Take inspiration from those tampon ads. Just imagine the voiceover in those ads saying "You're worth it"

Er, those are L'Oreal ads* :D

I love using the internet cos knowing your abc's is very handy.

*(nuthin to do with tampons)

Ok I have been reading up on things and I've found a major problem with this.

The results of this are apparently available to moderators and administrators of this site :mad:. I need an admin to address this ASAP, and make the results only visible to me. This is a matter of some urgency, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Apparently this is intended to be a warning to researchers:
    Results will always show for threadstarter, moderators and administrators.

:confused::confused::confused:

I mean "threadstarter" isn't even a real word. You might as well have "The flibblejibble wibble dibble the zibble"

I strongly encourage the admins to make this clear to posters. The current warning for researchers, displayed below, is very ambiguous, and misleading.

edit: Thanks to the admins for the prompt response and for sorting this out.

• Advertisement

Er, those are L'Oreal ads* :D

I love using the internet cos knowing your abc's is very handy.

*(nuthin to do with tampons)
    Yes that appears to be true. Sorry I got the voiceover confused. I meant of course you should imagine "bodyform for you" being said reassuringly in a deep brown voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Hello. I am a researcher surveying the level of internet usage in Ireland, so I am taking a random sample for best accuracy of measurement. Please assist me by replying to this short questionaire.
    Thank you

What Questionaire???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm really getting pissed off with the op now. I mean, is he or she for real:confused:

Have you used the internet today:confused:

Ahm, duh!!!!!!!!!!

No offense op, you sound like an intelligent guy. Is this some sort of test to see how stupid we are or how angry and frustrated we can get because of the question.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    I'm really getting pissed off with the op now. I mean, is he or she for real:confused:

Have you used the internet today:confused:

Ahm, duh!!!!!!!!!!

No offense op, you sound like an intelligent guy. Is this some sort of test to see how stupid we are or how angry and frustrated we can get because of the question.
    Post reported:
    I'm a he, thank you: I said I was a researcher, not a researchress. Whatever bizarre problems you seem to have with my posts, I'd thank you to keep your (totally unjustified) criticism to the posts themselves.

holly1 wrote: »
    What Questionaire???:confused:
    It's spelt "questionnaire".
    The questionairre should appear at the top of this thread. It is very short, and I would really appreciate if you took a minute to fill it out. If you have any trouble accessing the questionair, or need any clarification, please feel free to email the mods who will look after you (I myself am quite busy at the moment as I have a new computer game, so I will delegate to them for now).
    Thank you for your time.

• Advertisement

Post reported:
    I'm a he, thank you: I said I was a researcher, not a researchress. Whatever bizarre problems you seem to have with my posts, I'd thank you to keep your (totally unjustified) criticism to the posts themselves.

PWD, have you used the internet today:confused:

researchress is not a word and if it was it would be spelt Researcheress.

I don't have any problems with your posts. I have a problem with your question. Are we not allowed to debate the "questionnaire".

jaffa20 wrote: »
    PWD, have you used the internet today:confused:

researchress is not a word and if it was it would be spelt Researcheress.

I don't have any problems with your posts. I have a problem with your question. Are we not allowed to debate the "questionnaire".

Please tell me your field of work/study/primary interest so I can tell you how to do your stuff too. Oh no - hang on a second: You won't be able to because you are going to be BANNED.
    And until you are BANNED, you can be welcomed to my ignore list. As I have outlined in my previous post, I am VERY BUSY, and I don't have time to be dealing with this sort of RUBBISH.

Ok the admins say they don't want to interfere with this thread because of the confidential research being dealt with. Instead they've given me mod status so I can look after it myself. I mailed them back saying I can't as I have a new computer game but I haven't got a response yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

where's the hole??

Ok the admins say they don't want to interfere with this thread because of the confidential research being dealt with. Instead they've given me mod status so I can look after it myself. I mailed them back saying I can't as I have a new computer game but I haven't got a response yet

ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I used to use the internet, back when it was just on paper; not since it was computerised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

who is the researchee ?

who is the researchee ?
    This independent research is being carried out by a Major Academic Institution. It is funded by the Irish Lobby for Improved Internet Infrastructure (ILII).

you haven't answered my question !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I didn't use the internet today, I was too busy surfing.

• Advertisement

The questionairre should appear at the top of this thread. It is very short, and I would really appreciate if you took a minute to fill it out. If you have any trouble accessing the questionair, or need any clarification, please feel free to email the mods who will look after you (I myself am quite busy at the moment as I have a new computer game, so I will delegate to them for now).
    Thank you for your time.

You dont need to correct my spelling:mad:.Stuff ur QUESTION/AIRRE/NAIRE,Im far to busy.

Check your own spelling????

You dont need to correct my spelling:mad:.Stuff ur QUESTION/AIRRE/NAIRE,Im far to busy.

Your spelling was incorrect. There are numerous problems with this post too. Don't expect me to help you with them though.
    Have you ever heard the term "thank you"? Well no you probably haven't since you probably have never done anything to warrant thanks ever.
    you haven't answered my question !
    holly wrote:
    Check your own spelling????

I'm reeeeaally starting to lose patience with people trying to tell me how to do my job. (Taps banstick and eyes CM and holly pointedly)

Final warning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Internet? Oh... I remember! It divides the court in half.
    Tennis_Net.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Anyone no a good public newsserver wot i can use with freeagent

Thank you for your time.

If the word is spelt "questionnaire":confused:, why did you spell it "questionaiire:confused:" and again questionair:confused:,dont preach to me on spelling please and thankyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

My gast is flabbered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

rouge bruise ruse

If the word is spelt "questionnaire":confused:, why did you spell it "questionaiire:confused:" and again questionair:confused:,dont preach to me on spelling please and thankyou.

Holly1,

Don't even waste your fingers :p

I got so angry last night, my head was about to burst with the pain lol

• Advertisement

Thanks,you are right.
    I will take a deep breath and walk away.

Advertisement