Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "AAARGH! EXAMS!!" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

Ya she was a real pain.. turned me off the subject.. tho she had her moments when some student would leave early into a lecture she would crack!! :L

How did your assessments go? i failed two and passed one! i think ive done well in the exams so far tho! touch wood>:o:mad:

Ya, she had her moments alright ... ha ha :rolleyes: !
    I failed the 3 of them , Came close to passing the celts 1 but didn't:( , the other 2... not even close ! I think i answered the 1st exam well enough , but then messed everything up in paper 2 :( how i didn't cop on earlier baffles me :confused: You ready for the next one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Steviewonder

meeayz wrote: »
    Ya, she had her moments alright ... ha ha :rolleyes: !
    I failed the 3 of them , Came close to passing the celts 1 but didn't:( , the other 2... not even close ! I think i answered the 1st exam well enough , but then messed everything up in paper 2 :( how i didn't cop on earlier baffles me :confused: You ready for the next one ?

ya i got haunted in that mythology exam went over lug and dagda bout an half hour before the exam !

ya the lit exam should be ok im just getting stuck into that book now!
    Cant wait to finish these exams have a few drinks!! :pac::pac::pac:

Wat other exams have you? Wen you finished?:o

babel2 wrote: »
    is anyone preparing themselves for 1st year history on friday?

alrite babel!

ya i am currently going over patrick and the vikings for the first exam

1916 war of idenpedence and cumann na ngael and fianna fail gov!

option.. age of extremes hitler stalin and the boyos!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭babel2

alrite babel!

ya i am currently going over patrick and the vikings for the first exam

1916 war of idenpedence and cumann na ngael and fianna fail gov!

option.. age of extremes hitler stalin and the boyos!:pac::pac:

cool. yeah i coveredmost of irish hist yesterday:fianna fail and their policies, cumann na ngaeheal and their policies, and the mother and child crisis.

im goin over the vikings, patrick and roman civilisation.
    doing the crusaeds as my option.
    did you notice, modern ireland exam 2008 is exactly same as 2006?

cool. yeah i coveredmost of irish hist yesterday:fianna fail and their policies, cumann na ngaeheal and their policies, and the mother and child crisis.

im goin over the vikings, patrick and roman civilisation.
    doing the crusaeds as my option.
    did you notice, modern ireland exam 2008 is exactly same as 2006?

Ya the vkings is handy enough alrite!

Jeez no i didnta ctually havent looked at the papers to be honest!
    History overall isnt too bad id be confident enough of passing it.. How ya fixed?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ya the vkings is handy enough alrite!

Jeez no i didnta ctually havent looked at the papers to be honest!
    History overall isnt too bad id be confident enough of passing it.. How ya fixed?:rolleyes:

not really sure tbh. i did well on my essays so im hoping they will help me pass. not keeping it on next year so passing it would be great.
    im just doing st.palladius now.
    isnt it stupid that we have to answer 2 questions???!!eek.gif

did they say that we couldnt answer questions we did for our essays?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

isnt it stupid that we have to answer 2 questions???!!eek.gif

did they say that we couldnt answer questions we did for our essays?

No and yes.

Orizio wrote: »
    No and yes.

what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

No exams for me anymore, just a thesis to be in for a week and a half from now.
    Oh the stress! :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Finished today, can hardly believe it! Would actually have preferred to have them spread out, it was waaaay too intense. Had exams tues, thurs, fri, monday, wednesday... I think i'll actually go into shock not having to get up and hit Q+2 tomorrow morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ni.Chofaigh

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I have figured that for gepgraphy, I only need about 10% in each section to pass :D that shouldn't be too hard, although I don't know much at all for economic geography.

And depending how i've done in my last ary history slide test, I've pretty much already passed! Life isn't so hard! :p

You wouldnt be doing first arts geography? question: how do you only need 10% in each section. Im currently bricking it for tomorrow economic and physical exams.... that rickett-heinz woman:mad:...

ya i got haunted in that mythology exam went over lug and dagda bout an half hour before the exam !

ya the lit exam should be ok im just getting stuck into that book now!
    Cant wait to finish these exams have a few drinks!! :pac::pac::pac:

Wat other exams have you? Wen you finished?:o

Ya lit... should be fine ! Im off for the week:), I went in town fri.. night , it was great to get out ! I have psych.. monday&tue german on wed , celtic civ
    thurs ,then fin on 26th wit german lit.. ! :D How about yourself ? What you keeping on nxt yr ?

Ya lit... should be fine ! Im off for the week:), I went in town fri.. night , it was great to get out ! I have psych.. monday&tue german on wed , celtic civ
    thurs ,then fin on 26th wit german lit.. ! :D How about yourself ? What you keeping on nxt yr ?

Ya ive history tomro and mon with greek n roman(Lovely) and then lit then im finished! drinking bound id say!!

ya im keeping on history and english! You? any major plans for the summer?:):):)

Ya ive history tomro and mon with greek n roman(Lovely) and then lit then im finished! drinking bound id say!!

ya im keeping on history and english! You? any major plans for the summer?:):):)

I'm keeping psyc.. and economics ! Nothing major planned , going to Scotland in August for a while , and prob go camping . Might get a last min.. deal and go to spain or something as well , dunno yet tho ? Would of loved to get a J1 but none of my friends wanted too :( How about you ?

I'm keeping psyc.. and economics ! Nothing major planned , going to Scotland in August for a while , and prob go camping . Might get a last min.. deal and go to spain or something as well , dunno yet tho ? Would of loved to get a J1 but none of my friends wanted too :( How about you ?

Ya went to scotland edinburgh absolutely unreal went for a week in jan!
    ya ill do the j1 next summer i reckon!
    otherwise it will be quiet! 2 history exams tomro went playing soccer for the nite! whereabouts are you from btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭deisedude

Five down one to go then freeeeeeeeeeedom!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

6 down, 4 left.
    Electrostatics didn't go too well today, but it's my own fault for not studying it properly.

Multivariable Calculus Monday, and if I don't do well on that exam I may as well just give up college now. It's a fairly simple exam so I need to do well in it to bring up my marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

My signature will soon expire :D

Finished 12.30 Wednesday......and of all the exams I'll probably be finished really early....so can enjoy my re-reading:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Got through the hard part (english and geography). Now just art history and philosophy left... although, I just cant ge myself to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

All of theses exams are an anti climax in the end of the day. I remember in my time in UCC when starting exams and wishing at the time they could be over and then when they were over I didnt feel any different as to if I was still doing them. I suppose not studying anymore during the summer is the good thing unless you have to repeat an exam like me in 2005 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rebel6

Wha ye studying for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

6 down, 4 to go! plus I have no more 3 hour exams which is good.

My next one is French Studies, and I already have 36 out of 50% so no worries bout failing. Just wanna do well to compensate for when I fail Accounting! :(

Then a double header of Economics and Government on Friday which I wanna do really well in. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 PhilMickelson

Just wanna do well to compensate for when I fail Accounting! :(

Fagan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

6 down, 4 to go! plus I have no more 3 hour exams which is good.

My next one is French Studies, and I already have 36 out of 50% so no worries bout failing. Just wanna do well to compensate for when I fail Accounting! :(

Then a double header of Economics and Government on Friday which I wanna do really well in. :cool:

Damn you, I have a 3 hour exam tomorrow. Not lookin forward to it at all. Only psycholgy and economics after that though, so its not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Fagan?

Yeah!! How'd ya guess?!! ;)

I don't think I've wished ill on a person as much as I have on that useless pr1ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 PhilMickelson

I don't think I've wished ill on a person as much as I have on that useless pr1ck

:eek:

I don't know if you had the same exam as us (Acc and Fin) but that cash flow was pretty hard:(. We have to do financial reporting next year as well:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Does anybody know when the results for Arts will be out? :o I need to know as I've to book a trip away and don't want it to clash on the off chance that I need to re-sit something.

Alan Smith wrote: »
    Does anybody know when the results for Arts will be out? :o I need to know as I've to book a trip away and don't want it to clash on the off chance that I need to re-sit something.

i think its july! mate!

steve curtin here by the way!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Alan Smith wrote: »

Depends.
    Most are Friday 26th June. And apparently thats the latest theyll be released.

They correct em pretty quickly really

http://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/results/result-dates/#Arts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Yeah!! How'd ya guess?!! ;)

LIES
    Seriously though, accounting = work of the devil. I can't stand the subject.

Advertisement