Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One handed Dad's pushing buggys!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

posting anything in AH pretty much guarantees you a slagging at one point of another. boardsies are a sarcastic and cynical bunch at the best of times. :pac:

it's a hard lesson, but needs to be learned sooner or later. ;)

i think the OP has it all wrong anyway. what he needs is more kids and a bigger buggy so he can sit in the buggy and have the kids pulling it like a pack of huskies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The_Coon wrote: »
    Unless of course the bloke is using the kid to help him pull birds.
    In which case it's perfectly acceptable.

It doesn't work. You get loads of attention but it's all directed toward the little git and not you.

Very hard to push mine with one hand as it has those swivel wheels btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

stovelid wrote: »
    It doesn't work. You get loads of attention but it's all directed toward the little git and not you.

Guess it just depends on the approach of the pusher.
    Just remember, you're the UNCLE never the FATHER.

(unless of course you want to try that pity story about how the mother died in a tragic skiing accident)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I don't believe you OP.
    Men cant multitask, so steering a buggy with one hand talking on the mobile and walking all at the same time never happened.

/never happened I say.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

The O/H always says this to me when we're out and someone walks past like that. She reckons its because they don't actually want anything to do with the kids, or resent them, and are only willing to do a half arsed job at pushing them around!

Sure her own aul fella used to carry her under one arm, and carry the folded up buggy under the other arm when she was a child, cos he was 'too manly' to be pushing a buggy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Muckie wrote: »
    :P Well tis a bank holiday so have the day off, let the other

half lie in, just thought it was weird how theses other dads couldnt

be bother push them around properly.

Eh, it's on four wheels. What do you mean push them around properly? I would be quite capable of pushing a buggy with one hand.

If you struggle with this, hit the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh i'm sorry, i missed the thread announcing you the new AH mod :rolleyes:

Me want to be a moderator ???

Why, would I do that ? i mean they useually have to be diplamatic and cant say things like wash the sand out of your vagina then change your tampon...

see
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

The O/H always says this to me when we're out and someone walks past like that. She reckons its because they don't actually want anything to do with the kids, or resent them, and are only willing to do a half arsed job at pushing them around!

Sure her own aul fella used to carry her under one arm, and carry the folded up buggy under the other arm when she was a child, cos he was 'too manly' to be pushing a buggy!

Your OH is a very cynical (yet wise & correct) woman. You should hang onto that one (with both hands).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The one handed thing is a result of pushing golf trollies around the course twice a week. As we push golf trollies more often then we push buggies it's only natural that we form the 'one hand' habbit.
    I once made the mistake of trying to push the golf trolly with two hands much to the amusment of the rest of the fourball. My oh my, how we laughed as we trundled along the 18th fairway.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

OldGoat wrote: »
    The one handed thing is a result of pushing golf trollies around the course twice a week. As we push golf trollies more often then we push buggies it's only natural that we form the 'one hand' habbit.
    I once made the mistake of trying to push the golf trolly with two hands much to the amusment of the rest of the fourball. My oh my, how we laughed as we trundled along the 18th fairway.

HA! - Fourball!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Me want to be a moderator ???

Why, would I do that ? i mean they useually have to be diplamatic and cant say things like wash the sand out of your vagina then change your tampon...

see
    :)
    Em i'm sorry but you cant say that anyway be you a mod or not. Its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

HA! - Fourball!
    Well I'll ask Mrs Goat but I imagine you would have to send nekkid pics first.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Kiera wrote: »
    Em i'm sorry but you cant say that anyway be you a mod or not. Its disgusting.

why does it offend your innocent eyes ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Muckie wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but was out with the young lad in the buggy.

I came across three other dads also pushing buggy's. All of them

were pushing thier buggy's with one hand(one was on he's mobile,so he's

allowed). Is it just me or is this the right "cool" way for us dads to push

buggys about.

OP, what height are you?

I'm 6'4" so when I'm walking behind a buggy holding it with both hands, with the handle being so low, I end up kicking the back of it. If the handles were higher and further back I wouldn't have any problem walking behind it.

As it stands, I have to practically walk beside it with one hand on the handles.

Advertisement