Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shell to Sea protestor believes more Gardai should be run over and killed by cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

i imagine being thrown is a ditch hurts more then words people thrown at ya.

On about this yet again ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcGgZniVVY

anyway it seems its all ok because :
    O'Coonassa wrote: »
    It's a demo, tempers are frayed, people are angry.

So tis grand then , have a bit of a demo and you can do anything you want ?

I'm beginning to think the people who are organizing these protests are using cult recruitment and training tactics on the muppets in these and the other ( carefully edited) youtube clips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

the_syco wrote: »
    They all seem to have different accents...
    Exactly. Excellent point.
    Im from waterford and if they wanted to do waterford to sea I wouldnt have a problem with it. They are obviously gonna do it safely and not just weld two gutters together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Isn't there laws against incitement to hatred and all that? Arrest the lot of them retrospectively, get the troublemaking whores like herself off the street so they're not riling others into starting mass brawls in the middle of the road.

I can't see any judge siding with them if shown this video - the law is there, maximum sentence for the lot of them.

I also love the way in bushy's vid comments are disabled, so nobody can offer a rational explanation. Typical bloody hippies the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

sdonn wrote: »
    I also love the way in bushy's vid comments are disabled, so nobody can offer a rational explanation. Typical bloody hippies the lot of them.

I disabled comments to stop shell to sea loons adding the usual pages of comments along the lines of "teh evil shell are paying off everyone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

sdonn wrote: »
    I also love the way in bushy's vid comments are disabled, so nobody can offer a rational explanation.
    What is the rational explanation?
    Why didn't the Gardaí immediately handcuff and detain those protesters in accordance with the law? It looked like that they could have if the wanted to. The second Garda controlled the other protestor without too much bother.
    I don't think bodily throwing a person into a ditch like that is defensible. There could have been anything in the bottom of that ditch that could have seriously injured that person. It was a loutish thing to do.
    I think the people who are trying to justify it are doing the Gardaí no favours.

This is not a comment or otherwise on the legitimacy or otherwise of the protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 boards.iemember

Disgusting comment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

timmywex wrote: »
    Done and others shoudl also email RTE to highlight this;

The email address is newsdesk@rte.ie

Done!

Don't forget News@tv3.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Hagar wrote: »
    What is the rational explanation?
    Why didn't the Gardaí immediately handcuff and detain those protesters in accordance with the law? It looked like that they could have if the wanted to. The second Garda controlled the other protestor without too much bother.
    I don't think bodily throwing a person into a ditch like that is defensible. There could have been anything in the bottom of that ditch that could have seriously injured that person. It was a loutish thing to do.
    I think the people who are trying to justify it are doing the Gardaí no favours.

This is not a comment or otherwise on the legitimacy or otherwise of the protest.

the court system is already in disarray with the protesters and I could see that woman ending up bringing her case to europe in an attempt to clear her name/claim innocence etc. so I believe the guards have enough on thier plate up there without adding hours of paper work.

On a side note I was up in the rossport area last week to see for myself what was going on. I was there for about 5 hours walking and driving around and I didnt see one single protester.

It appears from talking to a local person that they only come out when there is movement of trucks etc in and out otherwise they stay away until such time as they can get publicity from their actions.

two other locals joined in on the conversation and asked if i was a protester. I said no but what if I was its a country of free speech and they told me that they have had about enough of the protesters. its was their opnion that the protesters are actually turning people away from visiting the area for fear of been associated with them.

what this woman said was totally out of line and I hope it shown nationally.

again and again I have asked the questions here and sorry to the mods for turning the thread but why oh why are the protesters physcially protesting in Mayo as thier beef IMO is with the government for selling us out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

sorry to the mods for turning the thread

It's being turned back. The thread is for discussion of the comments made by the woman in the video clip posted by the OP. It is not for discussing Shell, the protest or the politics behind the project.

Please take this into account before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Oh right so nobody ever lost the rag and said something they regretted in the heat of anger...

It's a demo, tempers are frayed, people are angry.

Womens are soooo much more mean and nasty with their mouths than men I find.

Do you remember the last time a garda lost the rag in the heat of anger and was captured on camera?! May day protests seem to be remembered. The gardai in question didnt simply get to just walk away and blame "the heat of battle".

Im under no illusions that this woman knew what she was saying, and whats worse is probably thought of it before hand that it would provoke a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Everyone should be sending emails to RTE and TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Im shocked by her comments. I have sent it to RTE also. Will they reply to us? RTE i mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

bushy... wrote: »
    So tis grand then , have a bit of a demo and you can do anything you want ?

Well the cops in London the other week seemed to think so. Me in my life I've lost my temper and said bad things I shouldn't have. I'm prepared to think this silly woman just did the same.

Do you remember the last time a garda lost the rag in the heat of anger and was captured on camera?! May day protests seem to be remembered. The gardai in question didnt simply get to just walk away and blame "the heat of battle".

There's a big difference between a physical attack and a verbal one. Sticks and stones and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

What has london got to do with this? (why bring thread off topic) Why do you keep defending this woman? I think your just looking to rise people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

And dont get me started on that hunger strike woman, maura harrington or whatever her name is, still disappointed she gave up her hunger strike tbh

on the OP obviously a stupid and hurtful comment which I am sure the woman in question would be mortified if confronted with....

or at least we hope so but I don't think this kind of response is very helpful...

Can't see RTE being interested in some silly woman mouthing off but you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 unidentified

that woman who made that comment is a disgrace of a human being.
    her attitude and complete lack of empathy for other people, is the perfect
    example for all the shell to sea protesters.

they care about nothing, no one but themselves.

does anybody here know who the woman is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Given the comments already made I don't think the person should be named.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Disgraceful, outrageous.

She should be NAMED AND SHAMED!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

does anybody here know who the woman is?
    Disgraceful, outrageous.

She should be NAMED AND SHAMED!:mad:

This woman should absolutely NOT be named on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Profiler wrote: »
    No, the comments are made at what appear to be private security people. I didn't see any members of AGS in that video.

That doesn't mean they weren't there. Considering it was a Garda that was killed in Donegal and not a security guard, it's logical to assume she's talking to a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Thankfully nobody takes these people seriously.

If her house is broken into.. who is she going to call? It sure as hell wont be the Rossport Five!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hedges

eroo wrote: »
    Thankfully nobody takes these people seriously.

If her house is broken into.. who is she going to call? It sure as hell wont be the Rossport Five!

Sorry in advance

Maybe she shoud try Ghost Busters !!!

The funny thing is that no matter what she has said, I have no doubt that the gardai wont hesitate to respond to her call for assistance.

The gardai still manage to rise above the *********** (im not going to finish that sentence)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

bushy... wrote: »
    I disabled comments to stop shell to sea loons adding the usual pages of comments along the lines of "teh evil shell are paying off everyone"

Whoops, fair nuff.

happyhappy wrote: »
    you have no idea what goes on in the real world. no idea.

where do you draw the line??
    its ok to laugh and make insulting comments about an incident where a garda was killed only a few weeks ago because sticks and stones and all that!! so section 6 of the public order act shouldn't exist.

by your logic anyone can threaten to kill or seriously harm someone else.
    so threats to kill contrary to section 5 of the non fatal offences against the person act 1997 shouldn't exist because of sticks and stones and all that??

the same goes for the incitment to hatred act, other sections of the public order act, and other common law offences off the top of my head. but its all ok because of sticks and stones and all that!

imagine the court case:
    barrister: m'lud my client is clearly not guilty, he only SAID he would have the injured party shot if he gave evidence at an alleged trial! however, due to the O'coonassa principle of 'sticks and stones and all that' he should be found to be not guilty as he never actually shot him, he only threatened he would!

mods, sorry for slightly off topic rant! i'm finished now!! :D

Lol :D you're somehwat out of context here if you revisit the post I was replying to. Furthermore I don't think the woman threatened anybody did she? She merely engaged in some obnoxious wishful thinking. That and making threats are two different things in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

She's scum and that's putting it nicely:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

She's scum and that's putting it nicely:mad:

That comment is way over the line and imo makes you almost as bad as she...

I'm shocked by that womans comments. In theory i do support the shell to sea campaign but after watching their tactics i am extremely saddened by them. From being from reasonably close to that area i feel incredibly let down by what she said and think the gardi/security did themselves proud in that particular clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

What security firm is it.

They look like nice jackets.

Shows up the average IQ of the protesters calling Security people Gardai and aribs. Gee aren't they smart. One has to admire the well rounded and constructive arguments they propose

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Alright we've all had our say. Let's leave it there shall we?

Closed.