Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful Links

Options
  • 03-05-2009 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Companies

Capcom
    SNK
    Namco

Community

Shoryuken - The biggest site, mainly American, almost impenetrable, highly trolled. runs EVO C'ships in Las Vegas
    Neoempire - UK Based. Runs Super Vs Battle in September.
    Capcomunity - Capcom social networking site, featuring lots of blogs from capcom staff.
    Tekken Zaibatsu - Tekken community Site
    Smash Boards - Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl.
    Gootecks - 3rd strike and IV player. Features guides, interviews, podcasts feat. top american players.
    The Shend - Youtube Channel feat. 1000's of 3rd Strike matches from Tokyo Arcades
    Combo Videos - Combo vids and general fighting game related vids.
    Evo Championships - Biggest tournament in North America
    Super Battle Opera - SBO or Tougeki, biggest tourny in Japan
    http://mizuumi.net/ - well maintened wiki resource and forum for less popular fighters
    Emulators & Clients

MAME - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator - does what it says on the tin, updates regularly, not used for netplay commonly
    GGPO - Good Game Peace Out - Run by Shoryuken.com, client that allows for netplay, supposed to be the best in the business, allows spectators some PCs have problems using it.
    2DF - 2D Fighter - Greater selection of compatible games, replay feature. some say netplay inferior to that of GGPO
    Sticks & Parts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sonic Hurricane - If you ever need to study up on how to use charge characters properly, Maj has got you covered.
    The Complete NKI Collection - NKI presents combos, MvC2 match vids and general strategies & insights.
    Inventive Flow - More Marvel, from Magnetro (a combo maniac).
    The Beast Daigo (JP) - Old & New-school videos of the one of the world's best players.
    VFDC - Virtua Fighter community site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Shoryuken - The biggest site, mainly American, almost impenetrable, highly trolled. runs EVO C'ships in Las Vegas
    Neoempire - UK Based. Runs Super Vs Battle in September.
    Capcomunity - Capcom social networking site, featuring lots of blogs from capcom staff.

Links quoted are all broken:(
    Loop back to a boards.ie address.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    Links quoted are all broken:(
    Loop back to a boards.ie address.

fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This thread should probably be stickied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Agreed.

• Advertisement

Also agreed, will do so when I get to a proper computer (mobile boards isn't built with modding in mind)

hehe no worries man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Vids

SF4 Dojo - This is a tight little website that shows top players in various match ups!

Kineda - Daigo showing who's boss - the guy is just ridiculous!!

Sticks & Parts

www.arcadeshop.de - For pretty much everything you need to build your own stick!!

Slagcoin - A great reference guide for building your own stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

how do i edit my posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've done most of my SF reading on this site:

http://www.eventhubs.com/

• Advertisement

how do i edit my posts?

thats the annoying thing alright , I tried setting up a PSN user name thread ages ago, plan was to update the original post with the tags as the thread got added to. But on boards, after a while it doesnt let you edit your posts.

So the only way is to wait for poor auld SDooM to edit it for yea.
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    I've done most of my SF reading on this site:

http://www.eventhubs.com/

Yeah thats deffo an important link. Where I learned about 3s basics.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    thats the annoying thing alright , I tried setting up a PSN user name thread ages ago, plan was to update the original post with the tags as the thread got added to. But on boards, after a while it doesnt let you edit your posts.

So the only way is to wait for poor auld SDooM to edit it for yea.

wow, that's pretty lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Found this link very useful for a quick intro to SFIV

http://guides.ign.com/guides/14211548/page_2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Akihabarashop - Japanese site, got HRAP EX and a few harder to find spares here. Highly reccomended.
    Gremlinsolutions - UK based, got many spares over the years. Great service, highly reccomended.
    ArcadeShock - Got my first HRAP from here, based in Canada. Reccomended.
    StarCab - French site, cant find the link (doh) but not that good anyway
    arcadesticks.net - Great service, highly reccomended.
    arcadesticks-uk - UK based, never used them but I hear good things.

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle Homepage - Heart of the Northern Irish fighting game community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 danoxx1

what a link!!!

Eventually losing the ability to edit an older post is fail. Hence why our homepage is in a poost all of its own. Would have fired it in with my other links otherwise.

Handy link that can be useful if describing inputs to people in posts, thanks to Yreval.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64085920&postcount=1

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Eventually losing the ability to edit an older post is fail. Hence why our homepage is in a poost all of its own. Would have fired it in with my other links otherwise.

absolutely. The first post was intended to be regularly updated.

• Advertisement

Just send a bump to azza or sdoom and it'll be sorted, they're keeping the gamer tag one updated constantly so they obviously just missed this.

Indeed its a pain in the hole, but its the way boards works as its a very large forum. Least we have mods involved enough in the community to do such a thing, other sections on here are not so lucky.

Just to clarify:

There's a reason for the non edit after a couple of days things, as some troll back in the day went back and made all kinds of crap for the place.

If you want a post updated, just pm me with the changes. I'm willing to do it but don't just assume I will read your post. Help me help you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

Best Fighting Game info:
    www.iplaywinner.com

iGotnext Movie Trailer and Teaser:
    www.igotnextmovie.com

;)

ArcadeForge: shop of SRK member bencao. Sells plexi, artprints and the Dual Strike PCB (PS3/PC with 360 dualmod capability). Based in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

AlphaISM Radio - Fighting scene podcast hosted by Bunkei. Fücking hilarious with a lot of the giants of the US scene on to talk about various games and events.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Armitage Shanks1

Love The Shends youtube page,ive spent many hours watching all the top class SF3 players.Pro Necro players :eek: blow my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

frameadvantagedotcom on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 James_123

Nice post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://combovid.com/

Site started by Maj a few weeks ago to cover combo videos and other assorted things - strategy articles still go on Sonic Hurricane.

• Advertisement

VersusCity.net
    VirtuaFighter.com

Because a little birdy mentioned that there might be some news on the best fighting game soon...

Advertisement