Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy camo?

Options
  • 02-05-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody know any good websitges/shops to buy camo from? Thanks for helping
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

Try Milletts in town and i there are a few army surplus stores around where you can get stuff not too sure about any ebay stores

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

D-Boy wrote: »
    Try Milletts in town and i there are a few army surplus stores around where you can get stuff not too sure about any ebay stores

OK D-Boy than alot for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

tbh millets is a yuppie outdoor store these days and do very little in the way of military stuff!! protac.ie in the currugh have a good selection or you could try eureka military surplus in middleton co. cork they have HUGE ammounts of all kinds of military kit,,,,,, they get military surplus by the crate!!

thanks alot thermo and do they all have websites?

protac do not sure bout eureka have a personal contact there so i deal direct,,,,,, oh protac are also in the retailers section here on boards afaik!

• Advertisement

OK and thanks again for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

army bargins is another place you could try

army bargains you say... is that shop in town i think i heard of it before

and does anybody know where to get woodland DPM gore-tex camo thats my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Ebaybanned have quite a good range.

Quality is hit and miss it seems.

I have two pairs of stuff from them, no rips after plenty of use.

Then some lads have huge rips after only putting them on.

Brilliant for the price though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=OfflineRetailers
    http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=OnlineRetailers

Two god places to start.

A lot depends on the pattern you want. If you just want any old pattern, most airsoft places or army bargains should have them.

Flecktarn.co.uk are highly recommended, mainly for european camos patterns and OD/Tan/Black tac gear.

onpatrol.co.uk cam recommended, when they used to have stock in. Now they only appear to have crazy sizes, certainly in multicam.

Toy Soldier (they have a thread int he retailers section) may also hae what you want, and you're buying Irish, which is always good.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    army bargains you say... is that shop in town i think i heard of it before

yes its in town.they have loads of stuff but at a high cost:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

and does anybody know where to get woodland DPM gore-tex camo thats my favourite

Army Bargains do DPM gortex was in there on friday and seen some:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Yeah I really wouldn't recommend army bargains. Their gear isn't the best, they're prices are insane (and not in a good way) and I could say a few things about the owner/a few of his workers that would probably land me an infraction ;).

I know you can't see the items before you buy them, but I recommend buying online. You can get a full set of BDU's brand new for €30 on eBay. Although sometimes you don't get the best quality on eBay, but at least your paying a reasonable price for it.

Lot's of people seem to be happy with: http://flecktarn.co.uk/
    And if your looking for a real army surplus store then have a look at: http://www.endicotts.co.uk/

sorry computer froze when writing comment,this can be deleated

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Yeah I really wouldn't recommend army bargains. Their gear isn't the best, they're prices are insane (and not in a good way) and I could say a few things about the owner/a few of his workers that would probably land me an infraction ;).

i know some of the staff in there,one of them is my mate

mle1324 wrote: »
    i know some of the staff in there,one of them is my mate

I don't care! I have no interest in starting anything here!
    I haven't said anything bad about them. And some of them are quite nice to deal with.

id have to agree with dread-lock, from past experience iv found army bargains to be a little too expensive for what your getting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

Thank you for shopping at Soldier of Fortune Ltd.
    This e mail is to confirm your order, the details of which are as follows:
    Order Number: ......

1) Qty: 1 Code: VIP087 Product: Viper CDU Jacket Size: Large Info: Detail: Price: £24.99 Total: £24.99

2) Qty: 1 Code: JKT107 Product: DPM Waterproof Suit Size: Large Info: Detail: Price: £49.99 Total: £49.99

3) Qty: 1 Code: VIP062 Product: Viper Green belt Size: Info: Detail: Price: £7.99 Total: £7.99

4) Qty: 1 Code: VIP088 Product: Viper CDU Trousers Size: 34" Info: Detail: Price: £24.99 Total: £24.99

Order Total: £107.96
    Delivery Cost: Please check delivery charges section on the website

Total Cost ( - Delivery Charges ) : £107.96

:) form http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/

does anybody know how much the gore-tex camo dpu is in army bargains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

thermo wrote: »
    id have to agree with dread-lock, from past experience iv found army bargains to be a little too expensive for what your getting!

Yea, they wanted 30 quid for a boonie. No offence but i dont like having my b****x ripped out through my wallet

Usually i buy from surplusandadventure.com, but only in bulk as shipping costs a bit. Also, make sure your items are in stock or they could take a while.

flecktarn.com are good for delivery and value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

does anybody know how much the gore-tex camo dpu is in army bargains.

i got a woodland jacket and a pair of woodland trouser for 25 quid each by the way i think the staff in there are very helpful and nice and pleasent to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

i was up in balbriggan market today a bloke from the north has a army surplus stall there. he has a lot of useful stuff. seen some vests and brit and american woodland BDUs also webbing. check him out its a lot better than being ripped of in dublin with expensive chinese repo crap. the marke is just of the m1. easy to find.

Dunno what you guys wear at all, and I don' tknow if this shop would be at all suitable or usable to any of you, but I buy pants off this guy a fair bit:

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/1-STOP-MILITARIA__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Again, dunno if they'd be of any use to you guys or not, but I like them and thought I'd just throw them out there in case it was of any use to anyone (note: I only wear them for walking about in).

Hi. Was in army bargains there recently and they have DPM "for-tex". It looks like a cheap version of goretex but dearer. Quality didn't feel good either.

Hi. Was in army bargains there recently and they have DPM "for-tex". It looks like a cheap version of goretex but dearer. Quality didn't feel good either.

Why didn't they not just name it fake-tex and be done with it :rolleyes:. Thanks for words of warning Doyler.

No problem. It was actually a joke.

No problem. It was actually a joke.

I get jokes...haha..ha...

<_<...>_>...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Black Bullet

i was up in balbriggan market today a bloke from the north has a army surplus stall there. he has a lot of useful stuff. seen some vests and brit and american woodland BDUs also webbing. check him out its a lot better than being ripped of in dublin with expensive chinese repo crap. the marke is just of the m1. easy to find.

your mans website http://www.armysurplusireland.co.uk/Home.html
    ........you just go on website and then send him an email. A mate of mine got a full brit DPM gortex outfit 30euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mauriceg

Bought a pair of DPM trousers from Army Bargains. The crotch split on their second use and I ended up spending the next few hours in Red Barn with my nadgers in the breeze. You're better off going with genuine army surplus rather than expensive knockoffs.

Advertisement