Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about cat pregnancy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

They're edible!
    Have you sexed them? Have you any bookings yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

I'm fairly sure they're all girls, they have the nipples. So that probably meant that the two that didn't make it could have been boys.

No bookings yet. We are most likely going to keep one and give two away, we wanted a male so the mother couldn't beat him up later on down the road when she realises he was here to stay but hopefully that won't happen with a girl.

I have a couple of pics of real kittens (not drawings) that'll help you sex them if you want me to post them?
    Or there's an easy to understand way....
    • A female kitten's genitals will resemble an upside-down exclamation point with the vertical vaginal slit below the anus.
    • A male kitten's organ will look more like a colon with the penis below the anus separated by a space to accomodate his testicles. You may even be able to see very small lumps in that space, which will grow into testicles as the kitten matures. Because of this space, the female's vaginal opening is closer to the anus than the male's budding penis.
    Cartoon type illustration here: http://cats.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=cats&cdn=homegarden&tm=53&f=00&tt=12&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.kitten-rescue.com/sexing_the_kitten.html

Cheers Socket, I'll have another look in awhile to see if I can spot the difference.

Well if one of those greys is a male..... DON'T LET ME BOOK HIM!!! No matter what I say! My husband will kill me:o
    But I really would love a grey....I used to have one til she upped and disappeared...I'll root out her pic and post it here in a few mins

• Advertisement

No problem, just checked again and I'm fairly sure they are females. But if a certain organ pops out on one of the greys I'll mention it to ya!:D

Advertisement