Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 450D DSLR-€514.95-Argos

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I changed my mind and bought one today!I reserved two at different argos so now have one spare code for drogheda for today if anyone wants(pm me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BrazilianNutter

Hi guys,

I went to Belfast yesterday and purchased my camera at Argos (I've reserved the item last week).

I have one reservation at Argos in Belfast and another reservation on Jessops Newry.

If you're interested PM and send you the code.

Awesome camera!!!! ;)

Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jimbobwalton

I have one reserved in Cork retail Park...pick up from wed to saturday...Cant afford it atm...pm me for the reservation number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hi guys,

I went to Belfast yesterday and purchased my camera at Argos (I've reserved the item last week).

I have one reservation at Argos in Belfast and another reservation on Jessops Newry.

If you're interested PM and send you the code.

But its dearer in Argos UK and Jessops :confused: and when you add on fuel and tolls or rail fare...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BrazilianNutter

Well, it worths for me as the cheapeast (besides Argos) here in Ireland is 650 quid, so I went there I got it. Also did a bit of shopping on ASDA and IKEA.

I've managed to save over 400 euros on a 1500 stg shopping in comparison to buying the same items in Ireland!! :eek:

The camera in jessops is 499 pounds at Argos UK 486 pounds.

Anyway the reservation is valid until Thursday.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have one reserved in Cork retail Park...pick up from wed to saturday...Cant afford it atm...pm me for the reservation number

only thing is price is going up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Hi,

Did anyone who got a 450D from Argos get an Argos Collection Number? I have been trying to register at http://www.iop.ie/canon/argos-1000D-450D-500D-registration.htm for the free course for purchasers of Canon EOS 450D and need this number to register but cannot find anything that looks like it on my receipt :confused:.

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Hey ,

I didnt get a collection number either, but I called Canon and they asked me to mail in my details and are posting the voucher to me . Also , I was accepted on the course on 27th in Dublin without having the collection number in advance . I used the transaction (tx) number on the receipt to fill in the form and got a reply to say I was accepted but to bring the original reciept and voucher with me . I've PM'd you the E-Mail address of the guy I was dealing with in Canon .

MS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

Anyone have any pictures they've taken w/ this? I'd like to see some

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

no pics to put up but its a brilliant camera, lots of versatility if your willing to learn more than just point and shoot i.e. aperature etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

MarthaT wrote: »
    Anyone have any pictures they've taken w/ this? I'd like to see some

Here's one

3595400077_6989e680a1.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

These are back in stock in both Galway and Castlebar. Just reserved mine :) Now I've just got to break the news to my better half..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

littlebug wrote: »
    These are back in stock in both Galway and Castlebar. Just reserved mine :) Now I've just got to break the news to my better half..:o
    That was the hardest part!, when she seen the pics of our little one however all was very much forgiven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

god's toy wrote: »
    That was the hardest part!, when she seen the pics of our little one however all was very much forgiven!

lol I'll be sure to have my two lined up for the first pics on Friday then- just to soften the blow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

mscull wrote: »
    Hey ,

I didnt get a collection number either, but I called Canon and they asked me to mail in my details and are posting the voucher to me . Also , I was accepted on the course on 27th in Dublin without having the collection number in advance . I used the transaction (tx) number on the receipt to fill in the form and got a reply to say I was accepted but to bring the original reciept and voucher with me . I've PM'd you the E-Mail address of the guy I was dealing with in Canon .

MS.

Can you pm me that email address also, i got one of these also and would like to get on that course. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I got one of these today, can anyone recommend a good bag for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Done

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hi all, does anyone know if this bag will fit the 450d along with the battery pack and lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know if this bag will fit the 450d along with the battery pack and lens.

I have that bag and my 400d, 70-300mm, 17-50mm and a flash just about all fit inside (Fairly tight at that). Tbh though i wouldn't get it again. It's very short and fat so it's not the most comfortable/easy thing to carry on the shoulder. All the weight concentrated in one small area tends to jump around a lot when moving. If I was buying a bag now Id go for a backpack type thing instead, much easier to carry around imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

Got a reservation code for this kit (€550) today from the Argos Ashbourne branch that I won't be using - I got good old Harvey to match the price in a H. Norman shop nearer my home and got it there instead. :)

So if anyone wants to buythe one I have reserved in Ashbourne please send a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Tried getting Harvey Normans to price match in Blanchardstown but no joy. Ended up getting one from Argos in Dundrum anyway so their loss I guess, probably should have got a manager/suprv. Also tried same in DID as they have a double the difference offer - think you have to buy from them and then if you see it cheaper elsewhere they will double the difference - could be pricey for them as they are looking for 770 for it......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For anyone interested, these seem to be back in stock in Argos again... (Stephen's Green, Ilac & Tallaght were the stores I tried...)

Advertisement