Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Advice

Options
  • 02-05-2009 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into a new apartment and one of the facilities in the building is a 25M pool. I want to add a daily swim to my weekly routine (4 days a week in the gym). I am a really week swimmer. Can anyone give me advice/pointers on the best way to improve swimming fitness/endurance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Best to get lessons but if u want to look up on the net concentrate on BLABT your body position fist then legs, arms, breathing and timing

I wouldnt look to be improving my endurance until after my stroke is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Try the swimming forum here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

If you are serious about improving your swimming technique I would recommend the book "Total Immersion". Find it on amazon / ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

this time last year i moved into a new apartment and one of the facilities in the building was prozzies, i didnt learn how to use them tho

Stop being a NO man and become a YES man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

this time last year i moved into a new apartment and one of the facilities in the building was prozzies, i didnt learn how to use them tho

Great post. Absolutely no useful input and completely devoid of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Hey Ian,

I cant help on the technique because my breast stroke is really poor at the moment. However a great way to do a good few laps is to do freestyle up the pool and then breaststroke down the pool. You wont get tired as quickly as you would using all the same stroke and every length you spend in the pool will improve your breathing and technique in itself.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

ianmc38 wrote: »
    Great post. Absolutely no useful input and completely devoid of humour.

maybe because it was true? its a rundown block of flats in ballymany newbridge called 'the mews'. nigerian hookers above, irish druggie/hooker at the end of my hallway.

wtf everyones so serious.

if i cant have a little 'nonsense' now and again i dont want to post here so 'smashey' you can put down the cheetos and press the ban button now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

i dont want to post here

No problem at all. Byeeeeee.

Advertisement