Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness after illness

Options
  • 01-05-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I have been unwell and haven't been able to exercise.
    I was really active up until taking sick and have noticed I'm putting on weight (naturally when not active, I guess :rolleyes:) especially around my belly.
    I am quite slim but now would be self-conscious of wearing anything slightly tight. And my belly just seems to swell out as the day goes on, which adds to the flab, so by bed time I look 3 months pregnant. :(
    I'm not able as yet to exercise quite as well as I was, but would like to start doing the odd bit, to keep myself limber and to lose some belly flab. I know you need to do cardio to shift belly fat so is this possible without exhausting myself? Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Hard to beat walking in these circumstances. Walk at the pace and for as long as you can manage, and work up to high intensity power walking. By then you should be able to get back to other sports and activity. If nothing else, while you are walking, you are not sitting in front of the tv eating.

Advertisement