Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Equipment Store?

Options
  • 01-05-2009 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Just looking to pick up a chin up bar and skipping rope, possibly even a set of push up stands somewhere in town tomorrow. Argos are completely useless - anywhere know of anywhere near Grafton street I could get these cheap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Havo

Maybe try mullens sports on the corner of capel st and (jervis) st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

jimi_t wrote: »
    Just looking to pick up a chin up bar and skipping rope, possibly even a set of push up stands somewhere in town tomorrow. Argos are completely useless - anywhere know of anywhere near Grafton street I could get these cheap?

Give mickk from irish-lifting.com a call , he has a sup shop near graften street , if you cna get hold of him today and ask nicely he may have the stuff in the shop tomorow for collection;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

is that shop near the end of o connel street still there. a corner shop just on the quay?

havent been there in years

chrism2007 wrote: »
    is that shop near the end of o connel street still there. a corner shop just on the quay?

havent been there in years
    Nope there has not been a shop there in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

Nope there has not been a shop there in years

do you know the one im on about though. its not at the end of o connel street exactly. its down to the right before you cross the bridge

on your way down to where bachelors walk was filmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just looking to pick up a chin up bar and skipping rope, possibly even a set of push up stands somewhere in town tomorrow. Argos are completely useless
    WHat is wrong with argos? They have a kit of exactly what you need.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3025374/Trail/searchtext%3EFITNESS+PACK.htm

and a situp device. I have this pack the pushup stands are fine, as is the chinup bar, have not used any of the others. The chinup bar is better than the other one they sell, I have both. You can reserve it online very quickly so you know it will be in the store.

do you know the one im on about though. its not at the end of o connel street exactly. its down to the right before you cross the bridge

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

rubadub wrote: »
    WHat is wrong with argos? They have a kit of exactly what you need.

You're an absolute hero. I don't know how I missed that - simply couldn't find it last night, and every other pack I had tried was completely out of stock in Dublin. Off to pick it up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You're an absolute hero. I don't know how I missed that - simply couldn't find it last night, and every other pack I had tried was completely out of stock in Dublin. Off to pick it up now :D
    Glad to help. I am still trying to figure out something to do with the situp device, as I never do situps, if I find a use I will let you know.

I also do no skipping and am wondering if the skipping rope would be strong enough that you could lash it over the chinup bar and do bodyrows with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same place

I'm pretty sure you are as well. The place you're talking about, chrim2007, was called workout world, as crotalus667 correctly (if a little cryptically) pointed out, it closed down a number of years ago!

• Advertisement
Advertisement