Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first ever pay packet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

€2 tip 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    £145 in for a weeks work in 1997 (I'm pretty sure I still even have the payslip). Seemed like the world was my oyster after that with so much cash in the skyrocket.

Mine was a similar amount......and yes - was I loaded or what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Never worked a day in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

50 quid off a farmer about 13 or 14 years ago. Two days work. He had an ancient wreck of a house on his land and we went around collecting all the straw bales and filled up the whole house with them. Its was roasting for the two days and the itching from the straw was horrible. Delighted with the money though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

3.16 an hour in the local Burger King when I was 15, came out with about 50 quid and felt loaded. Blew it all on books and cigarettes in a splurge of nerdy decedance. Ah, them was the days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

My first full week paycheck was about 4 years ago.

I thought I was great, because were were paid in cash, in a wee little envelope. I stuffed it in my pocket and cycled home. Then I realised it was missing. Cycled back along my route half an hour later and there it was on the gracepark road, untouched!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Delivering leaflets around mine and the surrounding towns. £2.50 for two hours depending on how many different sets of leaflets you'd deliver.

If there was 3 sets of leaflets you'd get £4.50 for the 2 hours you worked, along with a crooked ass shoulder for a few days as the bags you were expected to carry around were about the weight of me at the time (I was probably about 12).

Came out with about £20 or so after a week. Bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Twas 1996 earned £10 per night plus tips as a lounge girl. I was in 2nd year in school and was far too young to work but loved it and had a blast :) Oh and I had more money then than I do now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

As a teenager, I sold copper wire, bicycles, cattle etc to make a quid.

First official paypacket was with the Sugar Factory. Was there on work experiance from college in '87/88.
    Pay was £2 per hour. Used to fix motorbikes in the side.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lizzykins wrote: »
    367 pounds for a months work in 1981. My annual salary was 4224 starting off in the bank.
    A BANKER!!!:eek:
    GET IT! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

£200 when I was 12, back in 1998/9 (can't remember) for 7 days work

Got tired of that few years later so started working for myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

€151.38, remember the pay cheque. Was in a retail shop last summer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

8am-5pm a few days in the week during the summer holidays, picking stones. My culchie brothers will remember this task. :/ Maybe 20 punt (I remember it being a blue note and always having a fascination with them, so elusive!)

20 pound note

Advertisement