Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm scared of the Recession

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

well at least it's not raining ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

well at least it's not raining ...

It is here:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

but everything is getting cheaper - its brilliant :D

i am so much better off then i was four years ago - bring it on, i say

but everything is getting cheaper - its brilliant :D

i am so much better off then i was four years ago - bring it on, i say

True, the cost of finishing my new house has dropped from 60K to 35 K but last year i could have got a 100K top up on my mortgage, probably won't get any top up today. There's always the black market i suppose.:D

galwayrush wrote: »
    It is here:(

here, have some chocolate ...

• Advertisement

here, have some chocolate ...

I love Chocolate.:)

I love Chocolate.:)

<paraphrasing>the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems</paraphrasing>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why can't all debts be canceled and the governments could print a **** load of money give it to people to get back on their feet and then everything would be ok. Is there someone or something stopping this from happening? Seriously, think about it..

<paraphrasing>the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems</paraphrasing>

That would be Beer, with Wine and Chocolate.;)
    Feck this recession, can't afford Amarone anymore.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

So, where's the best place to build the thunderdome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

ejmaztec wrote: »
    So, where's the best place to build the thunderdome?

On Bertie's body. If you're being pernickity, I suppose you could wait till he's dead.

Thoie wrote: »
    On Bertie's body. If you're being pernickity, I suppose you could wait till he's dead.

Fecker will still be drawing a pension when he's dead.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There's a resession????? I thought everyone just got lazy. Hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Recession my arse. Best year of my life so far.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

humanji wrote: »
    The virus only attacks people on the dole?

Yeah thats right yeah the government infected the dole offices :rolleyes::P

Lilyblue wrote: »
    Yeah thats right yeah the government infected the dole offices :rolleyes::P

They spray dole money with Swine Flu.;)

They spray dole money with Swine Flu.;)

Yep so everyone needs to send all their money to me and I will spend dispose of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

I dont know..

from the sound of it (aplogies for the assumption!) you are currently employed and so not part of the half million unemployed.

I cant say that i know about your circumstances but i can speak for myself.

I dont believe there is anything to worry about from this recession..

Right now, i have been unemployed since november of last year when microsoft refused to renew my contract in the face of departmental budget cuts.

I am 25 years old and i have no savings of any kind. I have moved no less than 5 times in the last 18 months. My dole is about to run out.. i owe money to the bank in non payable loan repayments, i owe my landlord 3 grand and i have no assets to my name whatsoever..

But i can honestly say that i am happier now than when i was in a job and worrying about losing it.

I have had to sell books and dvd's and anything else i possibly could just to try and make rent.

It cant get any worse for people in my position but im still here at the end of the day.

And i still have an incredibly high standard of living compared to some in this world.

I think once you have no thing to lose.. you have everything to gain!

These things are cyclical it wont go on forever. The main thing is to make sure you get yourself into a position where you are prepared for when this cycle turns once again!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Johnny, I hereby declare you the most optimistic person in Ireland! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Johnny speaks the truth.

The rent hasn't gone down that much at all, not compared to what we are getting taxed. Right now I am pretty worried about what will happen in the future. When I will get a job? I have no idea, not within the next 12 months or more I am expecting.

Will be moving out of this place soon and into a place that will be only 1/3 of our rent at the most, have been told that it might be rent free for a while :).

I cannot wait to get a job to have some sort of a life back. It's not that bad though, could be a lot worse. Could be dead... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Johnny speaks the truth.

The rent hasn't gone down that much at all, not compared to what we are getting taxed. Right now I am pretty worried about what will happen in the future. When I will get a job? I have no idea, not within the next 12 months or more I am expecting.

Will be moving out of this place soon and into a place that will be only 1/3 of our rent at the most, have been told that it might be rent free for a while :).

I cannot wait to get a job to have some sort of a life back. It's not that bad though, could be a lot worse. Could be dead... :eek:

well if you'r dead, you've got nothing to worry about :)
    if anything its probably the best remedy to stop worrying.

please dont get suicidal tho :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

The Governments come up with stupid ideas all the time. Triming down the population will mean less people on the dole and more people in jobs who will be taxed on their income. If it does reach pandemic proportions then they will be saving money in the longrun!

Does the virus specifically target unemployed people ???

Overflow wrote: »
    Does the virus specifically target unemployed people ???

Where did I say it targets people on the dole? Read the thread :rolleyes: If people who have jobs get infected and die (assuming that happens) then it creates more jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

These recession threads are making the recession worse. Do you know how many people read Boards every day? :rolleyes:

Edit: OP, you wouldn't happen to be a journalism student by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

The thing that bothers me about the recession is that Eddie Hobbs is popping up everywhere.

The next thing you know the little mono-toned swine (no offence to pigs) will over throw the Government and he will be like Castro (without the beard or the Cubans).

...its a recurring dream im having. I think it means im insecure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I think it means im insecure.

I think it means you have an Eddie Hobbs fetish.

Does this pic turn you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Few very good posts above. Be glad to be alive and healthy. If you were crippled in hospital, unable to get out of your bed, or knowing that your internal organs were failing, you wouldn't give a toss about money etc. - all you'd wish for is to be able to walk down the street.

Be greatful for what you have, and whenever you're having a bad day, remember that some other poor fcuker is having a worse day somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

The thing that bothers me about the recession is that Eddie Hobbs is popping up everywhere.

The next thing you know the little mono-toned swine (no offence to pigs) will over throw the Government and he will be like Castro (without the beard or the Cubans).

...its a recurring dream im having. I think it means im insecure.

I would call that a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

JohnCleary wrote: »

Be greatful for what you have, and whenever you're having a bad day, remember that some other poor fcuker is having a worse day somewhere

what if you're an unemployed lepper with asthma whos house is about to be re-possessed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Where did I say it targets people on the dole? Read the thread :rolleyes: If people who have jobs get infected and die (assuming that happens) then it creates more jobs!

Thats not really creating a new job, rather filling the position of an existing one.

Advertisement