Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious boob exercise question

Options
  • 29-04-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

First time posting so feel free to move this if I've put it in the wrong place (not sure bout all the tag stuff etc yet).
    Basically what I'd like to ask is whether anyone knows if there are any exercises a woman can do to make breasts smaller. Obviously we all constantly hear bout how to make your boobs bigger but as someone who doesn't really fancy yokky surgery I'd love to hear any suggestions for reducing size. Maybe someone might know of dietary changes you could make also...?
    Don't have scary big ones touching my knees or anything but they are definitely out of proportion with the rest of my body and really feel like they weigh me down more and more....
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards.

I've heard of (and seen) breasts reducte in size by reducing bodyfat levels. In fact, it's the first thing my wife gives out about when she loses weight. :) If you don't mind my asking, what's your BMI like? Would you consider yourself slim?

A friend of mine had large breasts and used her bra to help control the look of them. A properly fitting bra can make a big difference.

edit: To answer your question though: I'm not (personally) aware of any exercises that you could do to specifically reduce your breast size (beyond reducing your overall bodyfat levels).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can't spot reduce fat. But since breast size could be somewhat hormonal I expect some foods might help a little. e.g. lads are advised to keep off beer, the hops can cause an estrogen rise. Also hops are used in pills for natural breast enlargment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Agreed, You can't spot reduce, but reducing bodyfat will often reduce boob size. Also, make sure you are wearing the right bra for your size and shape. Be prepared to pay extra for a good minimizer. I remember reading that something like 60-70% of women are wearing the wrong size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You could of course put on more weight to fill yourself out to match the boobs.

Nothing wrong with curves!

Just a thought....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Just drop some body fat in general and be happy in the knowledge that you will always have big boobies, a lot of girls find that their breasts are the first things to dessapear when losing weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Hanumanmaman

Thanks for the replies everyone, they pretty much confirmed what I thought, i.e, can't really do much to reduce size other than reduce weight overall.
    Not sure of my BMI but I'm about 5'5" and hover between 9 1/2 and 10 stone. Gonna start getting weight down to 9 stone and see if it makes a difference....my own little science experiment :D

I think you sound fantastic:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jayoo wrote: »
    I think you sound fantastic:D
    +1
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Not sure of my BMI but I'm about 5'5" and hover between 9 1/2 and 10 stone. Gonna start getting weight down to 9 stone and see if it makes a difference....my own little science experiment :D
    Without knowing anything about how you look that weight range puts you in good health BMI-wise.

Boob size comes down to two things: the ratio of fat: glands/ducts connective tissue and genetics. Your genetics can't be changed, but you can alter the amount of fat in your boobs to help make them smaller.

Resistance training would also be of help, especially around the chest, as it'll help tighten up the muscles that support your boobs and stop them from heading south prematurely (no joke, my boobs lifted about an inch within the first year I started lifting :o). A good bra (especially a good sports bra) will help keep them in check too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hanumanmaman

Thanks for that v useful info g'em, gonna go look into what resistance training is all about right this minute

Jayoo n Seanybiker - thanks for makin' me blush :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

You want to reduce breast size???????????????

Surely this illegal,someone stop her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

lol lads she asked a "serious" question :D, stop being unhelpful haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Sorry OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

ahem......cough cough.........pics:pac::D:D

From the Charter:
    No flaming, trolling, spamming or personal abuse of any kind. No sleazing or "pics or gtfo" posts. Treat your fellow posters with courtesy and respect.
    No more warnings.

Actually it would probably be a good idea to train the muscles in your chest, this will help keep your ( . )( . ) in good shape, and also every lady needs a good sports bra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You sound like the perfect weight for your height and build to be honest.

If you're on the pill you could visit your doctor any maybe try a different version. I know with one of my exes the pill used make her boobs enlarge due to the hormones. Other than that, it's fatty tissue so if you lose weight overall it will be affected in your breasts.

Advertisement