Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze Up

Options
  • 29-04-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I've been trying to drop my body fat lately, eating very clean, training all week, hiit and big weights etc etc. Making steady progress. No booze for a couple of weeks. However... big lads nite out this saturday, pints galore. How do I limit the damage? I'll be hitting the gym hard saturday morning aswell for a start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Rubadub will be along shortly with some detailed posts he's made in the past on here.

As far as I know, Vodka + Diet soft drink is the best combination. So either sip away on them or else just take a night/morning off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Whiskey and soda water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

Naos wrote: »

As far as I know, Vodka + Diet soft drink is the best combination. So either sip away on them or else just take a night/morning off.

The health benefits of this would be greatly outweighed by the beating id receive for standing there sipping on a vodka and diet seven up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Dovers wrote: »
    The health benefits of this would be greatly outweighed by the beating id receive for standing there sipping on a vodka and diet seven up

In fairness you are more the fool if you put up with it! Have a few bottles of millar or bud, then switch to voda and coke in a talk glass, at the end of the day when you are busting your ass training will they all be there to cheer you on??? :rolleyes:

Sorry if I come across harsh but its your body, you seem to have got a kick out of getting fit and losing weight, don't let a few comments from your mates knock you off the horse.

You will also notice that you will probably be able to drink less!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

Bud Light? :D

i know what ya mean about getting slaughtered by the lads,in my group unless its championship season or whatever the whole "its my body, im training" doesnt wash.
    one of my colleagues drinks Tia Maria when he's out, he's built like the proverbial bricksh*t house though so he doesnt get too much abuse!

seriously though just chill out and enjoy the pints,its not as if you're drinking every night of the week. try and sneak a pint of water between every two or three and when you get home drink about a gallon before bed! Try avoid the late night chipper aswell.

oh and training hungover is nasty, motivation and energy levels in the toilet, sleep it in sat morning and ease back in that evening if you feel really guilty!

then bring the pain on Sunday!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Bulmers light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

You haven't drank in weeks. Go mad. I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Naos wrote: »
    Rubadub will be along shortly with some detailed posts he's made in the past on here.

As far as I know, Vodka + Diet soft drink is the best combination.
    Spot on, the diet soft drinks not only are lower calorie, but you absorb alcohol faster with them, so you basically get to the same desired level of drunkeness with less vodka too, so have even less calorie intake, and more money in your pocket. Also less overall cogeners in your system so should have less of a hangover, just stay hydrated when on spirits.

Just pour the diet mixer in at the bar if you are that worried. I told my mates about the alcohol absorption thing but I still get slagged drinking diet drinks the odd time, but I turn it around calling them nancy boys for not being able to handle the diet drinks and the extra drunkeness ;)

This is a lot of my alcohol posts gathered into one, as mentioned

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57902740&postcount=10

If drinking beer stick to pislners which have lower sugar content. I only saw the other day a 5% bottle of heineken with nutritional info, it was 3% sugar. Though it is 4.3% here, same recipe just diluted after brewing, so 2.58% sugar. I would polish one of those 5L kegs in a night, thats 129g sugar! might have to switch to rum again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

Cheers for this Rubadub/all.

Off to the gym with me (then to the boozer!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

narwog81 wrote: »

one of my colleagues drinks Tia Maria when he's out, he's built like the proverbial bricksh*t house though so he doesnt get too much abuse!

i used to drink tia maria and milk, tastes great and has protein!

• Advertisement

Dovers wrote: »

Really? That's quite sad. Surely they are just happy you're out with them and still drinking with them?

I'd tell them to get their asses down to the gym if they give you any stick and see who comes out on top. :pac:

Advertisement