Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26th of October, 26 miles, my 26th birthday

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nice running there, I can practically guarantee you that you've got another bit still to come off that because that course was very crowded for anyone hoping for a finishing time in the 40s today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Shadyladee

Thanks Rainbow kirby, well done on your very impressive time :)

Week 4 continued

Day 4- did my long run of week 4 on Monday as I was a still a bit tired on Sunday from the 5 miler and slightly hungover from Sat night antics.

Did 9.43 miles in 1.39

Week 5
    Wed- 3.01 miles 31.04
    Thurs- 4.99 miles 51.12
    Fri- 2.95 miles 29.40
    Sat-30 min swim
    Sun- 10.37 miles 1.49.- that run was really tough for me, but sure i was tired before i even went out. I am pleased I got through it, in fairness if i tally up what i did from Monday to Sunday this week its almost 30 miles so I think thats why the run was harder for me, But im trying to get back to my original timetable of days as things got messed around from holidays and the race. So now my week will start on Tuesday and finish on Saturdays so that I get 1 day swim and 1 day rest after a long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

you should join the table on the DCM Novices thread to keep track of your mileage from week to week as well. The more the merrier!

Thanks Goofygirl, might just do that!

• Advertisement

Week 6

Tues- 3.26 miles- 32:43
    Thurs 2.67 miles 27.10
    Friday 4.84 miles 47: 12
    Sat 30 min swim
    Sun 7.01 miles 1.15:20

This week was awful, dont know what was wrong with me but I found every run a misery. Should have headed out on Wed, but wasnt feeling great so decided to give it a miss and had an early night. Then on thurs, intended to do 5 miles, but after about half a mile, i knew that wasnt gonna happen, so i agreed with myself that if i just did three miles it would be ok, was short of three miles, but that had a lot to do with the loop I chose at the last minute. Managed to almost do 5 miles on fri, equally painful. For the long run, I decided that i thought i had been doing them a bit too fast for me so forced myself to slow down, my average pace was 10.44 compared to my usual average pace of 10.34 for my long runs, prob should slow it down even more. I hope I dont have another week like this again, I am seriously doubting my ability to keep up with the next few weeks of training after this, not to mention the marathon itself! I also want to be enjoying it, not doing something that feels like hell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I know exactly what you are going through. If you look at my log I have been going through the same self doubts and misery on an off almost every second week of training. The week before last I seriously considered giving up but plodded on and then last week I found everything went much better. Im actually looking forward to this week. I bet the same will happen for you too. You managed to make it through such a tough week, it will stand to you in the future. :)

Thanks Bally8! its sooooo good to read your log, you've been saying what I've been thinking! Like you, I want to love running, but not yet, I love it when its over though!!! Your fab improvement in your running, gives me hope that I may similarly improve, fingers crossed!

Week 7

Tues- 3.12 miles 31.05
    Wed-6.08 miles 1.03:24
    Thurs- 2.98 miles 30.11
    Sat-12.07 miles 2.09:7

Ok this week was a mixed bag, the first 2 miles of the 6 miler on wed, were filled with 'oh my god i cant do this'. And the mid two miles of that run were meant to be pmp but after the first mile and a half, i decided that i didnt care about pace, I just needed to finish the 6 miles. Now my right calf has been giving me trouble, very tight, little sore, this happened alot a few months ago, and it sorted itself out, with swimming, stretching and slowing down, so i know i can sort it out again, but it didnt help making those first 2 miles feel like hell,but anyway, suddenly after 2.5 miles, my leg stopped hurting, and i gradually picked up speed, and found myself running the mid 2 miles at a speed faster than my pmp, and i felt good, yay!! then i forced myself to slow down again and finished feeling good.

The lsr was a similar story, although the last mile was really hard, I def need to eat more in general, my energy levels went really low, tried a gel, dont think it did anything though.

I am finding it tough, but this week was slightly better than last week, and I have no intention of giving up yet! (just hope it gets ever so slightly easier at some point!)

Ive been trying to discourage myself from using the internet recently, so I can actually get some work done, Im a huge procrastinator! so thats why ive been abit awol from my log.

Week 8
    3.03 miles 29.59
    3.98 miles 40.03
    9.93 miles 1.42.03

Week 9
    4.96 miles 51.02
    7.11 miles 1.11.30
    4.80 miles 47.47
    13.03 miles 2.21.15

week 8 wasnt a great week for me, didnt get all the sessions in and the thought of doing the 13 miler terrified me (not a good sign at this stage!!) so I put it off til the next week.

Week 9, was surprisingly better, I dont think I will ever enjoy a whole session, but there are always parts that I enjoy! (better than it be torture the whole way I suppose!).

• Advertisement

Week 10

Tues 4.02 miles 39.01
    Wed 3 miles 26.55
    Thurs 7.09 miles 1.12:16
    Sunday 15.02 miles= 2.43:24

Week 11
    tues 4.03 miles 39.07
    Wed 8.02 miles 1.21:17
    Thurs 4.09 miles 39.14
    Sunday 16.11 miles 2.55.05

Really enjoyed this week, especially the 8 mile, the long run went really well, although I did feel a bit bored towards the end, that cant be good! i wish i had someone to run with!

Advertisement