Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Wire the best ever tv show? "Spoilers"

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Realbhoy wrote: »
    I didnt watch it first time round but got a present of it on boxset a while back. Outstanding stuff and I thought the second season and in particular the character of Frank Sobotka was just inspired. It is very close between it and Breaking Bad for me (the last 4 episodes and anything with Gus Fring were brilliant also) but I'd go for the wire very marginally.

I despised the 2nd season the first time I watched The Wire. I had basically decided given up on what I considered a very weak storyline and the most annoying character in fiction, Ziggy, as if I had to say it... But like most fans of the show, I'm happy I persevered. The Wire became my favourite programme ever and after rewatching it, the 2nd season also became a favourite. The re-watchability of The Wire is unreal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

GerB40 wrote: »
    I despised the 2nd season the first time I watched The Wire. I had basically decided given up on what I considered a very weak storyline and the most annoying character in fiction, Ziggy, as if I had to say it... But like most fans of the show, I'm happy I persevered. The Wire became my favourite programme ever and after rewatching it, the 2nd season also became a favourite. The re-watchability of The Wire is unreal...

I think season 2 is probably my favourite season. Ziggy is a bit of a headwrecker but the season itself is one of the best showcases of the death of the American dream that I've ever seen. Amazing television. The Wire is the only thing I've ever seen that I'd put above the Sopranos - but at the same time, if it wasn't for the Sopranos, Simon would never have been given the airtime by HBO. Two fantastic series!

Advertisement