Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on wrong address on a speeding fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lads the amount of people just waddling in and giving useless advice based on incorrect assumptions is unbelievable...

Hasn't anyone actually read the OP?

THANK YOU!!!

like i was looking for advice, but im being attacked and having "for goodness sakes" thrown at me when some people aren't getting what the issue is.

To make things clear:

1) I NEVER GOT A SPEEDING FINE
    2) FIRST CORRESPONDANCE I GET IN RELATION TO THE SPEEDING OFFENCE IS A SUMMONS FOR NOT PAYING THE FINE (WHICH I NEVER GOT)
    3) THE SUMMONS FOUND ITS WAY TO MY PARENTS HOUSE, WHERE MY CAR IS REGISTERED TO, the address on the summons was wrong and when i checked with the gardai they checked their computer and the original speeding fine had also been sent out to the wrong address, which was the wrong number house in my estate....70 instead of 170

Exactly what I thought. The address your car is registered to is not the wrong address for goodness sake.

You might want to lose that attitude when your in front of a judge.

Well when i am dealing with people who cant read my post, understand what i am saying and offer useful advice then i guess "my attitude sets in"
    :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Some people posting in this thread are talking out their holes. They're nothing other than old biddies with nothing better to do than natter in the local shop.

You will get off, but you need a solicitor - about €150 - better than 4 points though! How do I know?

Read this :- http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351343

testicle wrote: »
    Some people posting in this thread are talking out their holes. They're nothing other than old biddies with nothing better to do than natter in the local shop.

You will get off, but you need a solicitor - about €150 - better than 4 points though! How do I know?

Read this :- http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351343

thanks a million, heading to court tuesday morning so ill let u know how it goes! your post was very useful, its a pity i didnt find it when i searched before posting this one!! wouldve saved me alot of "oh for goodness sakes" and people giving out to me when its none of their business.....believe me if i wanted that, i would have told my mother!!

thanks for your help! amy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

amybabes wrote: »
    wouldve saved me alot of "oh for goodness sakes" and people giving out to me when its none of their business.....believe me if i wanted that, i would have told my mother!!

Look you put this information into the public arena so spare me the 'none of their business' sh1te. People here generally try their best to give advice and all you can do is whinge when you get anything other than the pity you're looking for. Apologies if I misinterpreted your posts but yours is a complicated situation and your information was often ambiguous.

I wasn't going to post this but you've carried on relentlessly sniping at people who were trying to help you. The facts of the matter remain, you were speeding so ultimately you have no-one but yourself to blame. Quit with the belly aching and live with the consequences, even the mistakes made on the guard's behalf! Sh1t happens all the time that's not fair Amy, it's called life. To be honest, given your childish attitude I hope you never drive again.

Good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Easy does it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Look you put this information into the public arena so spare me the 'none of their business' sh1te. People here generally try their best to give advice and all you can do is whinge when you get anything other than the pity you're looking for. Apologies if I misinterpreted your posts but yours is a complicated situation and your information was often ambiguous.

I wasn't going to post this but you've carried on relentlessly sniping at people who were trying to help you. The facts of the matter remain, you were speeding so ultimately you have no-one but yourself to blame. Quit with the belly aching and live with the consequences, even the mistakes made on the guard's behalf! Sh1t happens all the time that's not fair Amy, it's called life. To be honest, given your childish attitude I hope you never drive again.

Good day.

You are one of the old biddies to whom I was referring.

There must have been a sale on in High Horses lately.

Good day.

My original post was titled advice on wrong address on speeding fine, not come have a go at me for being caught speeding
    Everyone else's post offered advice of some sort, so i was in no way "sniping at people who were trying to help me" it was just your posts i was referring to, as it had nothing to do with the actual problem....if you wish to give out about people speeding......start your own thread by all means. I'm not whinging or looking for pity at all, just advice on what to expect in court etc.

and THANK YOU for posting unhelpful and irrelevant posts under this thread, i think that you have been the one sniping and being childish here.
    GOOD DAY INDEED :p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

amybabes wrote: »
    My original post was titled advice on wrong address on speeding fine, not come have a go at me for being caught speeding
    Everyone else's post offered advice of some sort, so i was in no way "sniping at people who were trying to help me" it was just your posts i was referring to, as it had nothing to do with the actual problem....if you wish to give out about people speeding......start your own thread by all means. I'm not whinging or looking for pity at all, just advice on what to expect in court etc.

and THANK YOU for posting unhelpful and irrelevant posts under this thread, i think that you have been the one sniping and being childish here.
    GOOD DAY INDEED :p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    TBH, I think if you go in front of the judge and explain what happened they'll just give you the original €80 fine and 2 points. If it were me, I wouldn't even bother with a solicitor - contrary to the impression given by this thread, it's not exactly a complicated story.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anan1 wrote: »
    TBH, I think if you go in front of the judge and explain what happened they'll just give you the original €80 fine and 2 points. If it were me, I wouldn't even bother with a solicitor - contrary to the impression given by this thread, it's not exactly a complicated story.
    +1
    I think this thread has been answered now so lets let it die peacefully.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement