Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Storage in the Cork area?

• 27-04-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ poreilly101

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any companies/individuals that store cars

I've a Classic mini that I have had stored in a garage for the last while and use for the odd club outing. The garage i store it in is soon being converted, during this time i will not have storage for the car.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭ corktina

I did see a place advertising in Limerick...probably too far away. (one of those "self store" places I think..they worry me though, what if they go bust? how do you get your car/stuff back?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ bjak

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but anyone renting storage for classic cars within 10 miles of Cork city for reasonable money?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Henry Ford III

Have a look at donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ bjak

Not seeing anything remotely suitable on DD unfortunately.

Must be loads of idle / underused sheds or units out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭ rugbyman

Chap called Phil Gunn posts on here ,or used to, look him up, oh should do it myself.
    regards Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭ rugbyman

Just looked him up, does not post so much, mostly about bikes, but I remember him saying he knew of storage.

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 The Aussie

I keep a few bigger things at the Marina Business Park, they have a big secure shed for miscellaneous things, a lot of classic and vintage cars, boats and other things stored in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ philgunn

yes i should be able to fit you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deanrock7

Hi I am looking to store a vintage Mercedes indoors for approx 2 years at reasonable price anyone out there that would recommend in around Cork or 1o to 15 mile radius Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭ airhead_eire

deanrock7 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to store a vintage Mercedes indoors for approx 2 years at reasonable price anyone out there that would recommend in around Cork or 1o to 15 mile radius Thanks.

There used to be an advert on Donedeal for a place near Ovens. It might still be there. He used to charge €50/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

There used to be an advert on Donedeal for a place near Ovens. It might still be there. He used to charge €50/month.

50 sovs a month.... for one car? I think I'll park my cars in the car port and rent out my double garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭ outfox

That lad near Aherla still rents for €50-60 per month. He advertises on DoneDeal at intervals. Keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭ airhead_eire

Isambard wrote: »
    50 sovs a month.... for one car? I think I'll park my cars in the car port and rent out my double garage!

When I rang around previously, that was about the going rate for others too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 The QuietMan

O’Brien storage in Bishopstown. I’m aware of a guy who stores his motorbike there as his parents don’t know he owns one

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭ Pops_20

Isambard wrote: »

Believe or not, that's cheap. I'm paying 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Believe or not, that's cheap. I'm paying 150.

there's my retirement project then....divide off the front of the garage and rent out for two cars, Hmmm, €150, how much is that in pints?

Advertisement