Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Leader..?

Options
  • 27-04-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

What's this "sign up to be a student leader" thing all about? Are the student leaders just the ones that show you to your department on your first day? Because I can't remember them do anything else :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Ya as far as I remember they do sweet F all other than that. I think they are suposed to attend meetings and stuff too but nobody does and it's a joke of a job. Nice for the CV i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Scien wrote: »
    I did it for 2 years running.
    Basically you just gives tours of the campus to first years and show them where everything is.
    Granted you have to wear a gimpy student leader rugby shirt and look like a knob but the money is great!
    CIT employ you for 2 to 3 weeks.
    Easy money and its good fun too, i still actually know a few people that i showed around on their first day.

I'd recommend everyone to do it.

Ya i did it too good money and the perfect opportunity to comfort/check out any hot 1st years!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Ha! Pity I'm a 20yr old girl, lotsa little 18 year old boys would not interest me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Another school in today decided to go wandering through the library. They looked like they were in primary school. It's amazing the change people go when they transition to college. Then about 30 old age pensioners came in too for a tour. Would they appeal more to ya ;)

Actually one old woman winked at me with a big smile. I smiled back

• Advertisement
Advertisement