Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

N7. Naas Road. Why don't drivers use the first lane.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Is it not 'bad luck' to drive in the first lane on the N7?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DHFrame wrote: »
    you only save 20 mins. So speeding up the dangerous N7 is completely futile.

that's over 7 days a year with the milage I clock up professor....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

that's over 7 days a year with the milage I clock up professor....:P

Go to bed 10 mins later and wake up 10 mins earlier? Eat Cerial Quicker? It all adds up padiwan. Which is more dangerous? What do you think? How long would it take you to clean up the mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

They should be sent on a driving course in LA, totally legal to undertake and if you're not doing 70-80mph you're a deadman :D.

Also way less aggression on the roads, way less beeping and people always let you into a lane providing you match their speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭awkward

Ferris wrote: »

Also way less aggression on the roads.

That's 'cause everyone is carrying a gun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

DHFrame wrote: »
    Go to bed 10 mins later and wake up 10 mins earlier? quote]

just some apes can sit in the middle lane, I think i prefer my extra few minutes snooze....

warnett_203.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Omcd

This road drives me nuts as well. I would prefer to sit in the leftmost lane doing 100k. However, this is not possible, everytime I try to do that, I always have to change out of the lane after less than a minute in it, either because of slow vehicle in that lane (fair enough), or because the traffic in the middle lane has slowed to 80k or less, or because some f_cker coming out of an entrance decides they have the right of way over traffic bearing down on them in the left hand lane. This last reason is the big flaw with this road, all the IMO sub standard entrances to it from petrol stations, pub carparks, minor roads, and even now gateways from front gardens of houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

I don't use the road as much as most of the previous posters but I think the overhead signage doesn't help as anyone new on the road may get the impression that being in the left (first) lane is for turning/slipping off at the next junction. Also as has been mentioned, there is a petrol station on the left as you head for Dublin and drivers exiting from there just seem to head into the laft lane without any build up of speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

Anyone know the rate of accidents on this road?

Advertisement