Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gynecomastia surgery: experiences?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering to all thoese that got this done , now that a few weeks have passed are ye still happy?? are they (breasts) still reducing? How is the scars? And are they starting to become less visible??

I have them done 5 months now at this stage, the scars are visible on my sides, light purple in colour, overall im happy, would like if they were smaller as they are still quite big, but the droopyness is gone and dont bounce as much when im running, tbh im thinking of going back for more as im losing weight but its not showing on my chest, might go for excision of tissue rather than vaser lipo as i previously had

I have them done 5 months now at this stage, the scars are visible on my sides, light purple in colour, overall im happy, would like if they were smaller as they are still quite big, but the droopyness is gone and dont bounce as much when im running, tbh im thinking of going back for more as im losing weight but its not showing on my chest, might go for excision of tissue rather than vaser lipo as i previously had

How have you got on since? Have you gone back for more surgery or did they improve since this post?

well its a year post surgery now, much the same as my last post, not where i thought i would be but it is better than it was, still considering going back for more, just doing alot of training to reduce fat first and watching the diet

I just came across this thread and am wondering whether anyone who has had an operation, or is looking to have an operation, for gynecomastia in Ireland would be willing to talk about their experience?

I'm working at the Sunday Mirror - and am working on a feature on male cosmetic surgery but would really like a first hand experience for the article. You can email me on samuel.hamilton@irishmirror.ie or samuelhamilton@gmail.com - include a phone number and I'll give you a call.

Any updates from people who have had it done or further experiences from anyone regarding this procedure?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Has anyboy any idea if the surgery is covered under a medical card?

Lads did any of your GP's send you off for blood tests for hormonal imbalances or anything like that?

I myself am developing moobs and I think it could be down to a lack of testosterone and possibly too much estrogen levels in my blood. I have the symtoms of both

My Gynecomastia really is starting to destroy any confidence I had and even wearing a t-shirt around girls is a no no at this stage. Im 21, 6ft and weigh bang on 13st so I wouldnt be classed as being too much overweight, even though I could prob do with losing half a stone around the stomach

I'm going to the doc on thursday and will be suggesting he send me for blood tests as I really want to find out why this is happening to me and then treat the problem from there

Oh just one more question. Would vhi/aviva medical insurance cover some of the cost of surgery if I had to go down that route?

anananaban wrote: »
    Has anyboy any idea if the surgery is covered under a medical card?

Yes, it is. I'm due to get surgery that way. Talk to your GP and explain how crap it is for you and he'll arrange for you to meet a surgeon. Be advised that the surgeon will only treat you when you've brought your weight down to a certain point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blaa boy

Hi is there any one here that can confirm that gyno surgery can be done on medical card?

Hi all,
    Few questions for anyone that's got it done, as I'm very close to finally ending this curse that has been holding me back all these years!
    I've health insurance, is it true that if you get your GP to write a letter saying you need the surgery, your insurance company will cover the cost?
    Also, I've been looking up companies that carry out the procedure, how did ye that had it done go about choosing which company to carry out the surgery?
    Finally, (the be all and end all of whether or not I can get it in the first place) what kind of money are we talking if I were to go private?

Cheers in advance guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 snakeman22

went to the hospital today waste of time.my doctor sent me to st James hospital the breast clinic they said NO im pissed.really
    dont know what to do.he said only in really really bad cases.its really really bad to me he just said exercise more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Snakeman22, welcome to The Gentlemen's Club. Please have a read of the charter before posting again and refrain from bumping old threads.

Medical advice is strictly prohibited on Boards.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement