Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

To be fair,this band must hold the record for the most misheard/misinterpreted lyrics of all time. I’m a fan for 25 years or so and still,every so often I listen to a song and think “fcuk,that’s what Ed is saying” when I’ve been thinking something else for all thoee years!!

It’s part of the magic 😀

Love it:) you’re 1000% right :)
    I do think he doesn’t know himself sometimes. He’s forgetting more n more these days to :)

It’s evolving art. You make it up as you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Bob Gray

david75 wrote: »
    Love it:) you’re 1000% right :)
    I do think he doesn’t know himself sometimes. He’s forgetting more n more these days to :)

It’s evolving art. You make it up as you go :)

And it's actually a joy to hear him come up with something on the spot. On the live at the Gorge cd, whatever he's singing for Yellow Ledbetter is the furthest from the original, and just pure magic ;)

Some fan I am.

‘everything has chains..absolutely nothing’s changed’ is how it is.

I been singing the wrong lyrics all these years.

You were singing 'Everything has changed' ? Yep, I did that one myself for too many years :pac:

From the same song, opening line, I've heard 'The waiting trophy man...' sang before.

You were singing 'Everything has changed' ? Yep, I did that one myself for too many years :pac:

From the same song, opening line, I've heard 'The waiting trophy man...' sang before.

Oh god.

You’re telling me it isn’t the waiting trophy man???

Only messin. I though it was that for years and years too :)

That is fantastic.That's what I'm gonna be singing from now on ;)
    My misinterpreted lyrics for Black would only be suitable for After Hours ;)

• Advertisement

Bob Gray wrote: »
    That is fantastic.That's what I'm gonna be singing from now on ;)
    My misinterpreted lyrics for Black would only be suitable for After Hours ;)

Is it related to the second line of the first verse, by any chance??

Yes, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that heard it so haha.

Ok I’m dying to know now.

Put it in spoilers

Haha, I'll pm you ;)

Yes, I'm guessing I'm not the only one that heard it so haha.

Ahaha, it might have crossed my mind before :pac:

• Advertisement

Ahaha, it might have crossed my mind before :pac:

Haha. I mentioned in the pm to David that it's a great line to belt out at a sing song when there's a few people really getting into it. Stops a room dead in it's track hah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Jaysus lads, I always thought it was “Her legs spread out before me”. I must be a bit of a perv :)

Jaysus lads, I always thought it was “Her legs spread out before me”. I must be a bit of a perv :)

If that's the case then so are the rest of us, it seems we all thought it at one point or another ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

If that's the case then so are the rest of us, it seems we all thought it at one point or another ;)

It's reminding me of Eddie's solo gig last summer, where the chap went on stage and asked to sing Black, then proceeded to get all the words wrong :pac:

It's reminding me of Eddie's solo gig last summer, where the chap went on stage and asked to sing Black, then proceeded to get all the words wrong :pac:

Haha, cos if you're gonna mess it up, why do it low key ;)
    Raging I missed that, was lucky enough to catch Chris Cornells acoustic show the year before but really would've loved to have caught Eddie, haven't seen Pearl Jam since 2010 :-O

Just remembered a story from long ago.
    Misheard lyrics have been a thing since day one with pj it seems.

Ed used to reply to fanmail received at 10c. In the very very early days.
    He got a letter once tearing them a new one calling them racists and the writer of the letter saying she would never see them again cos the show she went to, they were singing a racist song ‘Japanese! Japanese! Get outta my fvckin face! Japanese! Japanese’

It was drop the leash.

New music? This sounds filthy. Would be cool if ed did something with his lower register over it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfkDdk1h7HJ/

New music? This sounds filthy. Would be cool if ed did something with his lower register over it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

That is class!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

The force is strong with this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Luke..I am your Vedder 《runs》

Don’t call me father not fit too
    The picture kept and cut off limbs and killing your mother remiiiiinds me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

tour kicks off next Tuesday 13th March in Santiago Chille at the Moviestar Arena

my london ticket still hasant arrived, Only thing i have left to organsie is my train ticket from London to Manchester for the 19th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Will be good to see the setlists!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don’t call me father not fit too
    The picture kept and cut off limbs and killing your mother remiiiiinds me

Is that another case of misheard lyrics? :pac:

Will there be any support on the tour? Not that I'm in any way opposed to longer PJ sets, but out of interest it'd be nice to know. Did see a theory about The National on Facebook it be doubtful.

I think the National might not be a great fit for pj but I would love to see it. Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have a bit of a mad idea for my trip in June

I can fly from London Southend too Manchester airport for £30 (pretty early flight though) on the 19th June. Its manageable but prob hard to get a tube from the o2 Arena to Southend airport after the show. If i was doing that id prob ditch the hotel (i can still get a refund on it)

New pearl jam song. You gotta be in 10c to hear it

• Advertisement

Jaysis lads. Sounds like an mp3 from birth of the Internet

https://twitter.com/pearljam/status/972547647650390018?s=21

Advertisement