Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've entered the lottery, and realised I've absolutely no money left :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've entered the lottery, and realised I've absolutely no money left :o

:p me too.......just hoping if I'm successful they accept the cc payment.....just go with it jenizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Anyone else pre-order the new album on HMV.com & not get the email with the link to the Shepheards Bush pre-release tickets?

Starting to get worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

The Fixer ill agree, very catchy. Sounds like it could have come straight off avacado! Its good but atm im still preferring Got Some! Still debating whether to try for tix in the morning or just wait it out til Manchester! Dilema! I know deep down I cant really afford it, but I know well if I got tix id find a way there! Maybe i might go with it and not be disapointed if i dont get a ticket.

On a side note, so far its looking like im going to have a lot of backspacer come september, between the vinyl and cd from 10C, the deluxe cd from hmv and the copy ill buy the day it goes on release here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

The Fixer ill agree, very catchy. Sounds like it could have come straight off avacado! Its good but atm im still preferring Got Some! Still debating whether to try for tix in the morning or just wait it out til Manchester! Dilema! I know deep down I cant really afford it, but I know well if I got tix id find a way there! Maybe i might go with it and not be disapointed if i dont get a ticket.

On a side note, so far its looking like im going to have a lot of backspacer come september, between the vinyl and cd from 10C, the deluxe cd from hmv and the copy ill buy the day it goes on release here!

Reminds me a little of when I had pre-ordered into the wild on tenclub, I saw it instore and said toss it i'll buy it now and when the ten-club cd comes in the missus can have that!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i didnt like the fixer straight away, its definitely a grower for me after a few listens i think its not bad! but i hate the title Backspacer,whats that about!? and the artwork does nt look that interesting. :(

Hey Guys,

I know some of you's are trying several different routes to get pre-release tickets for the SBE show so if on the off chance you end up with more tickets than you need you've got a customer ready & waiting right here! :)

PM me!!!

God damn hmv.com never sent me the pre-release email

:(

fortuneg wrote: »
    Anyone else pre-order the new album on HMV.com & not get the email with the link to the Shepheards Bush pre-release tickets?

Starting to get worried!

Looks like a very very shoddy setup from HMV........
    lots of people complaining about not receiving the link at all, but to be honest you are better off than people like me that got in this morning and got as far as the confirmation page and still got nothing.........word is they were all gone in 1 minute...........

I guess they just have different systems, but I really can't understand how people didn't get the link email in the first place......I'd be pretty sure they they have very few tickets in this presale......pity, guess I'll try again in the main sale but wouldn't be holding out any hope of getting through that either........always a pisser, especially when you have flights booked too :-(
    but they are the risks.........hope someone from here got tix or will be lucky in the Ten Club lottery (people on there definitely not happy bunnies this morning)

I got tickets! YEY! They were on sale at LEAST 5 mins before 9. Feckin' happy out now :D

I got tickets! YEY! They were on sale at LEAST 5 mins before 9. Feckin' happy out now :D

Congrats! :)

• Advertisement

congrats Jen, I'm even more mystified as to how I didn't get mine now...... :-)
    it's so annoying to get to the end of the process and then be told no.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Failed in HMV and 10C lottery. Come on the general sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

didn't get tickets...feck...

Keep trying lads... ticketweb and hmv at 9am on Thursday!

no joy

Just in case you haven't seen it - HMV are having another "pre-sale" on at the same time as the general sale.
    Tickets to Pearl Jam at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire...
    A further HMV exclusive allocation of tickets will be made available from Thursday 23rd July at 9am. These tickets will be available only to customers who have received an email invitation to purchase tickets for this further ticket release. These tickets will be of a limited number only and will be allocated to customers on a strictly first-come-first-served basis.

I guess use the link you got sent the first time, if haven't received another one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Wow the Fixer has been played three times in the last 2 days on Irish radio...thats fairly good for Ireland,its not even released yet like! :O

Twas just on Today fm there, and if ya heard it, twas my text which Paul read out, the young gentleman thats a hardcore fan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wow the Fixer has been played three times in the last 2 days on Irish radio...thats fairly good for Ireland,its not even released yet like! :O

Twas just on Today fm there, and if ya heard it, twas my text which Paul read out, the young gentleman thats a hardcore fan! :D

I've heard it on Phantom a few times now!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've heard it on Phantom a few times now!

We don't have it in Cork :(

I'd say it will be played loads once its proper released! Never thought id say that about a PJ song and actually liking it... :D

What's everyone's thoughts bout the song? I know people say its 'poppy' but its a quality,upbeat,short and sweet song IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Im pretty sure it has been out since Monday morning and 3 times in 2 days is ridiculously poor compared to WWS's airplay in '06 on 2fm and Today. Dont mean to be condescending btw. (You probably meant thats how many times you've personally heard it on the radio, if so, sorry for, well ya know, ripping:o).

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure it has been out since Monday morning and 3 times in 2 days is ridiculously poor compared to WWS's airplay in '06 on 2fm and Today. Dont mean to be condescending btw. (You probably meant thats how many times you've personally heard it on the radio, if so, sorry for, well ya know, ripping:o).

Ya its how many times I heard it personally...was a bit condescending but I'l forgive you ;)

It's getting quite a bit of airplay in America also but obviously they're much bigger there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Ya its how many times I heard it personally...was a bit condescending but I'l forgive you ;)
    quote]

Thanks.:)

I think the only reason I like it is cos it's new. I'll sing along to it while driving but it lacks some substance. For the moment, it's a thumbs up!

Just in case you haven't seen it - HMV are having another "pre-sale" on at the same time as the general sale.

I guess use the link you got sent the first time, if haven't received another one!

thats crappy....
    cant really complain as they arent saying how many tickets are in either allocation, or how many didn't receive emails first time, but looks like this time the smaller number of people are in the running to get the tickets......at this stage they should just go with the general release and let the chips lie - will give it a shot anyway ........cant be many general release tickets available after all the other allocations......

pre-ordered from hmv and got no mail yesterday or today.
    arseholes in the extreme.

anyone up tryna get tickets? im in a Q..the waits killin me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

whre is this "queue"?

"general sale" my ass, where?!

What a load of crap.

Got the second pre-release email & was in there at 9 on the nose (after trying since 8:45) & still no luck. God damn it.

If anyone knows someone with 1 or a few spare tickets to this PLEASE PM me!!
    :(

queue would have been nice, couldn't get anything on HMV at all, not even the listing - where was the link ????

tried my presale link and nothing, Sold Out........tried Ticketweb and nothing up there, I wasn't expecting to get anything to be honest - would have been nice to be at least able to get the to page with details on it....

finally got through to the TicketWeb queue but I'm sure it's miles too late now - there's talk on Ten Club boards that HMV has messed up again with the general sale (or whoever runs their TicketSystem).....
    the TicketWeb queue is just as messed up - people on it 15-20 minutes and nothing......mine just keeps restarting the bar reminding me not to navigate away in case I loose my place in this imaginary queue.........ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea it's a load of rubbish

Advertisement