Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on Sports massage.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Isn't there an ice chamber in a hotel in Wexford that is used for all manner of sporting injuries from hamstrings to broken wrists?
    The Irish rugby team used to do their preseason in a place called Spala in Poland specifically because it had a few of these cryo chambers and they reckoned that they could do more intense training sessions as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Isn't there an ice chamber in a hotel in Wexford that is used for all manner of sporting injuries from hamstrings to broken wrists?
    The Irish rugby team used to do their preseason in a place called Spala in Poland specifically because it had a few of these cryo chambers and they reckoned that they could do more intense training sessions as a result

Dozens of elite athletes absolutely swear by them.

Tbh it amazes me there has not been more extensive research into ice baths.

I have searched and could'nt find anything aside from a rather dodgy study based on the subjective feeling of a sample of 40 people....surely there has to be something more solid out there?

I always feel that if cold is an effective treatment for muscles inflammation surely ice baths must have some affect on muscles after exercise?

I always hear "the scientific evidence doesnt back them up" but can anybody point me in the direction of a proper scientific study that disproves the effectiveness of ice baths? I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement