Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discharge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

moy83 wrote: »
    Good stuff Bod . Will you chance bulling her again or is it the end of the line now ?

Not sure what to do yet.. We'll see how it goes

That calf could be a keeper if dam goes wrong on me

Nice, looks like a fine big calf!

She is a big long rangy calf alright .. Flew out once I got head/shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Good job Bod, that turned out well, fine calf. I had to get a cow stitched earlier. She had two feet of a vaginal prolapse, I was half thinking of putting up a picture but it wasn't a pretty sight. She is a sixth Calver , time up in seven days. Have to cut the stiches whe she starts to calve. The vet reckons she'll calve ok. It'll be her last calf for sure. I had to jack her second calf, a PAM bull out of her and I reckon that's causing this problem now.

tanko wrote: »
    Good job Bod, that turned out well, fine calf. I had to get a cow stitched earlier. She had two feet of a vaginal prolapse, I was half thinking of putting up a picture but it wasn't a pretty sight. She is a sixth Calver , time up in seven days. Have to cut the stiches whe she starts to calve. The vet reckons she'll calve ok. It'll be her last calf for sure. I had to jack her second calf, a PAM bull out of her and I reckon that's causing this problem now.

Sounds similar to my escapade with this one last year a mas du Clo stock bull broke in and calf was a weanling coming out, she calved @25 months, 3, 4 and now 4th calf @ 5 years but it was the brute last year that done the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

The cow I got stitched has just calved twins. I cut the stiches just after she put out the water bag. The calf was coming and a small pull got him out, thought he was small so i put my arm in and found another leg, calf was coming backways and other leg was twisted down. Got her straightened and out easy enough.

All looks ok for now. I wonder is it possible she might still put out the calf bed or seeing as she didn't put it out during calving is it unlikely to happen now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Usually having very soon/immediately after the calving. But it's a different problem to a prolapsing vagina/cervix.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement