Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokerstars - No withdrawl for 48 hours!!

Options
  • 23-04-2009 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anybody else have a problem with this or is it only me. Will not let me withdraw the money I won in tourny for 48 hours after i have deposited. Now I have just gone and blown it in a cash game. I feel sick it was $420 and I tried withdrawing it but they wouldn't let me. Such a pack of swines!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

appropriate name...

in before lock...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

sillyturd wrote: »
    Anybody else have a problem with this or is it only me. Will not let me withdraw the money I won in tourny for 48 hours after i have deposited. Now I have just gone and blown it in a cash game. I feel sick it was $420 and I tried withdrawing it but they wouldn't let me. Such a pack of swines!!

Could be worse. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055101028

(Sorry Len)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,754 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats why they have that rule, its there to give you a chance to blow it first.
    only joking in case someone takes me serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

online pokers = rigged....No one ever wins....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Whyno wrote: »
    online pokers = rigged....No one ever wins....;)

Well Obv who ever took the op to the cleaners in the cash games won! Lol tourny players trying to play cash, OP is your name Phil H by any chance????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

hahaha, i just noticed i was mentioned in that thread, hahaha, funny. f u david michael :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sillyturd

Thanks that other thread made me feel a bit better. I know i'm the bigger donkey for playing cash games with the money but i was bored and just couldn't wait the 48 hours to cash out. Pokerstars like many other gambling companies claim to care about responsible gambling.....SIMPLY NOT TRUE. These rules are only there so that people cannot cash out and therefore spend all their money. Vicious cycle of revenue gaining for stars. Thats why i think i don't like poker as much as betting in the bookies...theres a level of satisfaction in taking exploiters money which is exactly what bookies and gambling sites are. William Hill are the worst that i'v ever come accross. They wouldn't let me close my a/c, then wouldn't let me have the self exclude option until they received a written letter...what a joke. What cumpulsive gambler is going to write a letter...ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

pgodkin wrote: »
    Well Obv who ever took the op to the cleaners in the cash games won! Lol tourny players trying to play cash, OP is your name Phil H by any chance????:D

Superuser pokerstars acc`s imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirty Caller

Always used to happen to me. Deposit VIA cc, win some money and told to wait 48 hours to cashout. Needless to say I come home at 4 am pissed and blow it. They gave me spiel about having to wait 48 hours to confirm the cc dep which is a load of bollox!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

I come home at 4 am pissed and blow it.
    And this is Stars' fault why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

http://www.gamblersanonymous.ie/

these f*ckers rely on the temptation being too much, and if it is too much then you need to evaluate your strategy - treat it like a business if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Needless to say I come home at 4 am pissed and blow it. QUOTE]

Do what i have been doing for the past 6 months succesfully ! Give your laptop to someone to hide before you go out !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Thanks that other thread made me feel a bit better. I know i'm the bigger donkey for playing cash games with the money but i was bored and just couldn't wait the 48 hours to cash out. Pokerstars like many other gambling companies claim to care about responsible gambling.....SIMPLY NOT TRUE. These rules are only there so that people cannot cash out and therefore spend all their money. Vicious cycle of revenue gaining for stars. Thats why i think i don't like poker as much as betting in the bookies...theres a level of satisfaction in taking exploiters money which is exactly what bookies and gambling sites are. William Hill are the worst that i'v ever come accross. They wouldn't let me close my a/c, then wouldn't let me have the self exclude option until they received a written letter...what a joke. What cumpulsive gambler is going to write a letter...ridiculous.

lol

I would tell you what you can do about this but I can't bring myself to tap the glass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dirty Caller

fatguy wrote: »
    And this is Stars' fault why?

Well I'll accept most of the blame here but the cashout restriction doesn't help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

in fairness i can see why they dont do it to be honest, it simply reduces there risk of fraud and has nothin to do with wanting you to play more imo, AFAIK Full tilt will allow you cashout straight away, why didnt you self exclude yourself(on FTP you dont need a letter not sure about stars though) for the 48hr period or even transfer the amount you wanted to cashout to a friend to either hold it till the 48hr period is up or to cashout for you? its a tough lesson and i do feel a bit for you but youve only yourself to blame, also a bit of advice if your goin to complain to them dont mention anythin about been a compulsive gambler or anythin along those lines...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

You are the value.

kthanxbai

Advertisement