Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Famous Faces?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

trout wrote: »
    that can be arranged

And that's why I'm staying schtum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

orestes wrote: »
    And that's why I'm staying schtum :D

staying schtum might lead to immediate and perpetual excommunication and banishment from BGRH along with howls of derisive laughter ... just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

staying schtum might lead to immediate and perpetual excommunication and banishment from BGRH along with howls of derisive laughter ... just sayin'

:D You're a clever one!

But singing like a canary might also lead to said immediate and perpetual excommunication and banishment from BGRH along with howls of derisive laughter, therein lies the dilemma.

It's like Schrodingers cat, only without the cat part, so that just leaves Scrhodinger, but I'm nothing like him either.

So, what to do? Your move Trout

But singing like a canary might also lead to said immediate and perpetual excommunication and banishment from BGRH along with howls of derisive laughter, therein lies the dilemma.

It's like Schrodingers cat, only without the cat part, so that just leaves Scrhodinger, but I'm nothing like him either.

So, what to do? Your move Trout

i'd bet good money, if I opened Schroedingers box ... I'd find some pizza

orestes banned until he sings like a canary

since you suspect, and rightly so, that either action OR inaction may lead to immediate and perpetual excommunication and banishment from BGRH along with howls of derisive laughter and no small measure of scorn ... I have decided to ban you anyway, and then whatever decision you make ... I will simply endorse. This gives me the illusion of some say in the matter. Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I'm nearly 40 years old now, and I've learned that illusion is almost all we have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A little bird told me it was dancing,irish dancing, ringlettes, poodle socks and all.

pics or GTFO :D

My ban has been temporarily lifted in order to allow me to address this concern. I was contemplating my staying schtum/sing like a canary options, but my hand has been forced by scandelous allegations made towards me, which I would like to address here once and for all.

I never, I repeat never did Irish dancing. I would like to make this point perfectly clear and to register my disappointment with those who feel it is somehow "humorous" to level such an allegation against a full-blooded male, especially in the hallowed haven of manliness that is BGRH. The brothers and brotherettes I am sure would all agree that Irish dancing would be no activity suitable for a man, and any man who engages in such a heinous activity should be scorned.

I did ballroom dancing, which is completely different, and really manly, I am sure we can all agree :D

I applaud your bravery orestes. I know I said I had your back but well....it would be wrong of me not to give the men a chance to mock you a little bit.

/stands aside

janeybabe wrote: »
    I applaud your bravery orestes. I know I said I had your back but well....it would be wrong of me not to give the men a chance to mock you a little bit.

/stands aside

:eek::eek::eek:

Judas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

Judas!
    Yes?

Set dancing is very manly, esp at the pace that they do it in Kerry.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Set dancing is very manly, esp at the pace that they do it in Kerry.

Yeah a guy came to the school to teach the kids set dancing and when I was dancing with him he was throwing me around harder than your average Brother could. And he wasn't even particularly manly looking.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Yeah a guy came to the school to teach the kids set dancing and when I was dancing with him he was throwing me around harder than your average Brother could. And he wasn't even particularly manly looking.

Now that's more like it :cool:

There's a saying in Kerry, good in the set, good in the sack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was on questions and answers a few years ago and asked the panel a question. been on the wireless a few times too, talking about the smoking ban

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hold on doesn't that mean Oero boy was probably the only bloke in a class full of girls, is that not to be applauded?
    I know I had to laugh when I found out a male friend who did dancing with us wasn't gay, we'd ( about 20 girls) assumed he was and so had no problem stripping off in front of him during quick changes, I'm sure he had the last laugh..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I did ballroom dancing, which is completely different, and really manly, I am sure we can all agree :D
    As I have already told you and Ginny alluded to, that was a clever move. Getting to dance with all those hawt wimmins.

Smart orestes is smart. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

you are sooo gonna show us some moves on Tuesday, Orestes! **

** By us, I mean the group, not me!

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »

Bugger

faceman wrote: »

Mu. Ha. Ha. Haaaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I was the "Face of the Irish Smoking Ban" on news stations around the world when the smoking ban was brought in 5 years ago. All thanks to a Reuters Cameraman in O'Donoghues on Merrion Row taking shots of me with a B&H in one hand & a pint of stout in the other.

(Was mean to be working late but had gone out for sneaky pints with some mates instead. Had some explaining to do to Mrs Billy when my mug started appearing on Sky News Interactive every 3 minutes. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

At one point I was the 3,356,473,204th most visited person on myspace.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've seen some of ye on crimeline, does that count?

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I've seen some of ye on crimeline, does that count?

DeV.

You're not still going on about how you were robbed last Wednesday, are you? :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i run the mildly succsessfull website Givejoe1euro.com

where people can like... give me a euro...

i run the mildly succsessfull website Givejoe1euro.com

where people can like... give me a euro...

Shill!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

I got front page on the Donegal Democrat for winning a sandcastle competition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I am in actual fact Spartacus

And so is my wife!

Advertisement