Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow/Kilkenny lose Junior Minister

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Coughlan has now said that he never said anything to her. Who is telling porkies now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I don't know. It's clear they didn't get on from what he said anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I wonder is he trying to save his seat by knocking the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

To be fair to him, he's always spoken his mind, when he was a Junior Minister or not. He is FF to the core so wont be resigning the party anytime soon.

You can expect a few more back benchers to come out in support of him too. The opinion poll results in today's Sunday Business Post will have scared the ****e out of some of them.

If the trends keep up, FF will finish in 3rd place behind FG and Labour in the locals. One poll trend has them looking at only one seat in the European Elections.

Mattie McGrath in Tipp South has already come out in support of McGuinness. Jim McDaid in Donegal will probably follow.

From what I've heard of Mary Coughlan's performance so far, it's her that's telling the porkies. She's known as Sweary Mary by her civil service...and not liked at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Archimedes wrote: »
    Came across as a very bitter man, and yes, dodged certain questions. But Im sure he loved his 15 minutes.

Its clear as day he's bitter, just look at his comments in the media.

It appears its a case of I've got thrown out so now I'm going to say anything I can to take anybody I can with me,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mason Fairbanks

Just a nobody trying to make a name for himself imo

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Harolds+

John McGuinness has a cheek. As much as I hate FF he has the neck to bite the hand that feeds him. Has he forgotten that he has a son (nepotism) working for him paid as a HEO (managerial) grade ; paid by the State : me and you!

He is a crony like the rest of them and is just a sore loser because he lost his seat albeit for opening his mouth to his masters.

There is no doubt that Coghlan is struggling in this job but tell me any Minister in this world that has beaten this recession and I will tell you a liar

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Harolds+

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Coughlan has now said that he never said anything to her. Who is telling porkies now?

I would say he is telling lies. He made reference today that he was speaking to her on 8th March and made that alleged statement to her but I know liars and when Pat Kenny asked him did he tell her she should go he said yes and at the same time his head was moving left and right (unless he has damaged nerves in his head!) and that is a sign of a liar

Advertisement