Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danny MacAskill: see this and smile!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

niceonetom wrote: »
    Oh ffs ken, why did you have to go and say that? There are obviously folks around here who are struggling with this as it is. WHere the freewheel makes no difference, but you try explaining that. See how you get on. :D

Saw this thread through the Legends... section - sorry for dragging it up again, but:

I would also caution kenmc not to try to explain the scenario if Danny MacAskill's bike had a coaster brake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

niceonetom wrote: »
    In summary I would like to point out that the dangle of the angle is inversely proportional to the initial vector if incidence thereby counterbalancing the flux capacitance of the chain slip. Obviously this hinges on the sub-bracket, pushing the pawl onto the inferior anterior cog clockwise...

I would like to declare bullsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall of cog's house when he finally got his old rusty bmx out the shed and started wheeling it round the lounge while scratchin his head hoping he was right all along and his mrs would have been screaming at him to shut the feck up with that rusty ol bucket and sit down!!!!
    LEGEND THREAD
    S..
    P.S. Awesome video aswell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

skillfull yes but whats the point, isnt it just showing off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

skillfull yes but whats the point, isnt it just showing off?

If I could make a living doing that, I would be very happy indeed.

I enjoy wathcing his videos; he is amazing on the bike, and the scenery makes me homesick. Danny is a very lucky man getting to ride around Edinburgh Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Push your bike backwards and watch the pedals.

Best explanation ever!

I vote petethedrummer the boardsie teacher of the month! Tom, you're relegated to the status of one of those genius lecturers who cannot teach laymen. Your mind has become clogged with too many gear ratios and torque angle relationships...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Ah thanks. My engineering degree hasn't gone to waste.

Advertisement