Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint restaurant closed down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aud2009

It is a shame Mint Restaurant is closed and I think it is an awful shame for the staff who worked so hard for Dylan McGrath, that many of them were not even informed that the restaurant was closed until they arrived back from the Easter holidays. Everyone talks about what a great Chef Dylan McGrath is, yes he is a good Chef and like many of the top chefs they all have a team of chefs working for them who help them make them what they are. Some nights in Mint Dylan McGrath wasn't even there so who do people think ran the restaurant, yes the staff.
    And many of the recipes and dishes were thought up by members of the team, so I'm not sure what Dylan McGrath will do without some of the best chefs he had working for him. Also I think it must be highlighted to the public who must realise its a tough industry to work in, where it seems to be the norm for staff to be verbally abused and threatened with violence, I wonder if customers saw behind the scenes of all these fancy restaurants would they want to eat in them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Well the reasons behind it closing down..
    They had only a 38 seater restaurant, tiny kitchen that was always packed and for a team of chefs to move around was impossible, the sheer amount of staff they had on, on a night..

Advertisement