Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Medical Controller

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

adam88 wrote: »
    Have ye been giving jobs or are they just letting ye know

The jobs are availible x 6, we have to express interest in taking one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Sisu200 wrote: »
    adam88 wrote: »
    Have ye been giving jobs or are they just letting ye know

The jobs are availible x 6, we have to express interest in taking one up

Congrats I'm on a panel for the pts and we're being told unofficialy that there tryin to redeploy staff from other sections so that's just an urban myth from them seein that ye are being offered positions or even asked to voice ye're interest

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

I've been called to the second stage of the recruitment process for this job with the NIAS next week. If anyone has any info could you please let me know? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

How did you get on Medic? I have my interview next week! Eek! All the best!

grad10 wrote: »
    How did you get on Medic? I have my interview next week! Eek! All the best!

Hey grad10! I had the aptitude test for the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service a few weeks ago. Like most of the aptitude tests its hard to know if it went well or went bad! Anyway, I got the letter 3 weeks later and didn't pass it! Which Ambulance Service are you doing it for? NI or ROI?

• Advertisement

NIAS! Had my speed typing 2 weeks ago and interview this week. Sorry you didn't make it this time! Keep trying! I'm trying to cram everything in at the mo! Everything's so rushed all of a sudden after not hearing anything for so long!

NIAS! Had my speed typing 2 weeks ago and interview this week. Sorry you didn't make it this time! Keep trying! I'm trying to cram everything in at the mo! Everything's so rushed all of a sudden after not hearing anything for so long!

Exellent! Well done and also best of luck! I'm on the panel for the HSE PTS so waiting to see what happens with that! Its very slow though, painfully!!! Ugh!! It was the same with that, rush rush rush and then nothing for a few weeks and then mad rush again and now nothing! Pain in the ass! Let me know how you get on will you and the very best of luck with it! :)

Thanks Medic! Done and dusted, not too bad just a waiting game now! Good luck to you for the HSE!

Thanks Medic! Done and dusted, not too bad just a waiting game now! Good luck to you for the HSE!

Cool, fair play! Thanks!! :) BTW are u from the North or Republic? When will u find out the results?

From the north, they said interviews were ongoing until 13th June so I will hear from HR a week or two after that! If successful training commences late July/ early August!

• Advertisement

From the north, they said interviews were ongoing until 13th June so I will hear from HR a week or two after that! If successful training commences late July/ early August!

Great job! I think they said at the aptitude test that over 400 applied and they were taking the best 200 and then shortlisting them again at interview! Do you know how many jobs are available? I forgot to ask them at the test! All the best anyway and hope its good news! Keep me updated!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Hey I applied for the emd job in ambulance service and got thru all the tests and had my interview a few weeks ago! As someone mentioned before they said they were interviewing until 13th June but still haven't heard anything :(

Anybody else hear yet??

Shawsy wrote: »
    Hey I applied for the emd job in ambulance service and got thru all the tests and had my interview a few weeks ago! As someone mentioned before they said they were interviewing until 13th June but still haven't heard anything :(

Anybody else hear yet??

Still waiting on word back too Shawsy! Pretty sure we'll know by the end of the month! Hold tight!

Still waiting on word back too Shawsy! Pretty sure we'll know by the end of the month! Hold tight![/Quote]

Oh good that makes me feel better!! :)
    Have u any idea how many jobs there are? I heard there were around 200 interviewed but no idea if that is right or not.

Still waiting on word back too Shawsy! Pretty sure we'll know by the end of the month! Hold tight!

Have u any idea how many jobs there are? I heard there were around 200 interviewed but no idea if that is right or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 200 interviewed alright and then it'd be shortlisted again to maybe 100. Best of luck!! :)

Have u any idea how many jobs there are? I heard there were around 200 interviewed but no idea if that is right or not.

No idea how many they're taking on. Got my letter yesterday and passed the interview stage! Just a pre-employment medical check to go. You heard yet?

No idea how many they're taking on. Got my letter yesterday and passed the interview stage! Just a pre-employment medical check to go. You heard yet?

No havent heard anything so I'm presuming it's probably not good news then! I think I wuda got my letter either yest or today if it had of been good news! :( Ah well can't win em all!

Well done u, I'm very jealous :)

No havent heard anything so I'm presuming it's probably not good news then! I think I wuda got my letter either yest or today if it had of been good news! :( Ah well can't win em all!

Well done u, I'm very jealous :)

You never know, and they might have a reserve list too! I've been offered another job aswell subject to medical so I'll have to decide between the two! So I might end up freeing up a wee space for you - not 100% sure what I'm gonna do yet! So keep positive :)

You never know, and they might have a reserve list too! I've been offered another job aswell subject to medical so I'll have to decide between the two! So I might end up freeing up a wee space for you - not 100% sure what I'm gonna do yet! So keep positive :)[/Quote]

I've actually been offered another job (also subject to medical) too so as much as I wud have liked this one it isn't the end of the world-prob would have ended up with a tough decision so at least its taken that out of my hands :)

Good luck with ur decision!

I've actually been offered another job (also subject to medical) too so as much as I wud have liked this one it isn't the end of the world-prob would have ended up with a tough decision so at least its taken that out of my hands :)

Good luck with ur decision!

Thanks I need it - pro's and cons to both jobs really don't know what to do! Had a look to see what other threads you've been posting in and I see 'the other job' is the same for both of us! May end up working together one day after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Is there controllers starting Monday???

Thanks I need it - pro's and cons to both jobs really don't know what to do! Had a look to see what other threads you've been posting in and I see 'the other job' is the same for both of us! May end up working together one day after all![/Quote]

Aaah right! :)
    Well done for getting thru both, I'm just chuffed to have gotten the one-I don't know wot decision I wud have made if I was offered this one too if I'm honest, it's a difficult one :(

I still haven't had anything-obv reject letters are the last thing to go out lol

Anyone hear anything on this lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If anyone is interested in making a move to the UK the North West Ambulance Service and the London Ambulance Service are looking for Emergency Medical Dispatchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

Hello Folks,

I received an email today from the hse, here it goes

"The HSE National Recruitment Service are launching from 8th October 2012 a national supplementary recruitment campaign for Emergency Medical Controller. Please note this new campaign will be advertised as Emergency Medical Dispatcher.

The purpose of this campaign is to supplement the existing national panel for Emergency Medical Controller which was created in 2009"

Unfortunately there is some personal details that I do not wish to post, but here is the rest of it,

"Lastly, if any of your colleagues missed out on the opportunity to participate in the last recruitment campaign, you may wish to inform them that they can apply now on www.publicjobs.ie.

Full details including the “Additional Campaign Information” is also available on:
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/Jobs/Job_Search/Patient_and_Client_Care/

You may need to wait til Monday until this campaign and info are up on the Publicjobs/HSE websites

Good luck to you,

Sisu

http://publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/6203.htm

The post on public jobs.
    Very short application window and you must have your full C1 and D1 licences. It'll be interesting to see hw this one goes.

ETA: They are also advertising a different role of Emergency Call Taker which doesn't seem to require any driving licences so if that's holding you back, perhaps you can use this to get your foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Scienceless

So are these jobs only for ballyshannon or Dublin after training is complete?

So are these jobs only for ballyshannon or Dublin after training is complete?
    Or the next government is elected, or the HSE is disbanded.....
    For now, it looks that way from the pdf of the advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Janet1986

How does it work? :o

I mean, will everyone who applies for the post get a chance to do the tests and then the best get short listed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement