Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moher Moher Moher!!

Options
  • 20-04-2009 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find these ads/posters/hideous creatures breathtakingly, gut wrenchingly, teeth gratingly ANNOYING???

Way to rape the Cliffs of Moher...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

IBTL IBTL IBTL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Clare forum tbh... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

beks101 wrote: »
    Anyone else find these ads/posters/hideous creatures breathtakingly, gut wrenchingly, teeth gratingly ANNOYING???

Yip, believe it or not I said much the same thing on another thread yesterday. Its just fecking annoying. We don't give a toss, but "Mohermans" mugshot is all over the place as if we should give a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

An explanation as to what's going on would be great. I hate these threads that assume we all know what the OP is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Moher Moher Moher!!

Isn't this something to do with the Irish attack on Pearl Harbour in 1941?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you vote for them the ads disappear...

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Moher Moher Moher!!

Isn't this something to do with the Irish attack on Pearl Harbour in 1941?

Heh heh, we attack at dawn! Make that 2pm, its a sunday, and I hit the Guinness a bit heavy last night, the plane might get a bit shmelly, god love the navigator.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

what the hells this all about?? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

i taught it was a dig at the germans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Some insight into what this thread is about would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

How do you get "behind" cliffs exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Google it for Christ sake!

Basically, Cliffs of Moher are up for the running as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. Moherman wants you to vote for them, more tourists, more jobs...you get the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

How do you get "behind" cliffs exactly?

Simple. Just vote for them on the 7up website along with your email address, credit card details, bank details and power of attorney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

beks101 wrote: »

I do, I went on the site and he started moving really disjointedly and shouting that at me. So I moved the mouse over him to control him and remixed it, old skoool.. *Mo mOh, momom MOher Moher Mo mmmm Moher!* :cool:

* Above post may not have added any insight to the thread

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I do, I went on the site and he started moving really disjointedly and shouting that at me. So I moved the mouse over him to control him and remixed it, old skoool.. *Mo mOh, momom MOher Moher Mo mmmm Moher!* :cool:

* Above post may not have added any insight to the thread

Doesn't matter, it made me laugh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mars bar wrote: »
    Google it for Christ sake!

I did but rape of cliffs of moher gave me nothing like what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The guy on the posters looks really sad or something too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Some insight into what this thread is about would be great
    It’s a sort of grassroots viral phenomenon, leveraging social networking sites by propagating a street-level message that captures the imagination of the target audience.

Ok, so its not. It’s a load of toss dreamt up by McConnells advertising that they seem to be so embarrassed by that they’re denying parentage. If you haven’t noticed ‘Get Behind the Cliffs of Moher’ on billboards and internet sites, then you are to be envied.
    mars bar wrote: »
    Basically, Cliffs of Moher are up for the running as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world. Moherman wants you to vote for them, more tourists, more jobs...you get the picture.
    As I said on the other thread, this load of toss is so annoying that I’d rather vote for anything else. Get behind the slag pile on Haulbowline!!!! Slag pile!!!! Slag Pile!!!! YArooosh!!!
    http://yellosnow.diinoweb.com/files/screener640.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't care if it's annoying, at least it gives Clare people more to talk about than the Kilfenora Ceili Band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thems not the Cliffs of Moher, thems the final resting place of the Holy Stone of Clonrickert :D

Its a Fr.Ted thing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Yea I dislike them too. They can go jump off a cliff for all I care.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thems not the Cliffs of Moher, thems the final resting place of the Holy Stone of Clonrickert :D

Its a Fr.Ted thing ;)

We are After Hours. We know Fr Ted.

3,000th post, what a waste...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Moher Moher Moher. How do you like it how do you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Dero

Its a Fr.Ted thing ;)

Inconceivable!

Them's not the cliffs of Moher, them's the Cliffs of Insanity!

Also, the Moher ads are so annoying that I would actually be inclined to vote for one of the other contestants (if I could be arsed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

An File wrote: »
    We are After Hours. We know Fr Ted.

3,000th post, what a waste...

<Fr.Dougal answer>Sorry, what? After Hours...Whats that?</Fr.Dougal answer> ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

its like Clares answer to dj gaillimh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

If the Moherman could somehow 'take out' the three eejits in the Dominos ads I would be most gracious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LadyDee

I have to say I kind of like the MoherMan campaign, if you look at MoherMans facebook page with pictures of them having a laugh at the cliffs... its definately a nice break from hearing about the Recession for a change.

Advertisement