Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the F* is the swell?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i didnt like xchurch at all, dead as disco

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im not big into the city/night scene tbh. i dont earn enough. i like being close to two very different beaches to surf (well more than that, but my lack of driving license has meant i can't get to taylor's, or any of hte secret spots unaided.), i can skate to and from work and there's a pretty sweet punk/goth scene around here. so im happy. :)

looks like this coming weekend is going to be a belter, offshore winds, low 20s and sunny, and nice size waves too.
    I have a feeling though that the west coast will see more surfers out this weekend than any other weekend, EVER! So if you're going make sure you get out early!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

pfffffsssst!!! What drivel.... this weekend is going to be CAT....
    I reckon all those who are plannin on heading west head to Wicklow... heard its gonna be epic there!!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for it!!!! Hope the forecast is bang on the money!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

WICKLOW FTW !!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

Was Wicklow worth the wait? West coast was alright, something to catch while sitting in the wonderful sunshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

smythire wrote: »
    Was Wicklow worth the wait? West coast was alright, something to catch while sitting in the wonderful sunshine

Were you in Clare Smythire?
    I was up in Strandhill for Sat+Sun and had a few great sessions, I've not been a fan of strandhill the last few years, but really enjoyed it last weekend. :D

will3k wrote: »
    Were you in Clare Smythire?
    I was up in Strandhill for Sat+Sun and had a few great sessions, I've not been a fan of strandhill the last few years, but really enjoyed it last weekend. :D

Must have been jammed in Strandhill? No swell on horizon for long time i reckon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I will try to get some pictures on Saturday, Easky is my preferred location. If somebody goes in that direction, please, let me know. Co. Sligo, Donegal and Mayo are possible areas where I would like to go.

there will be no swell this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

yeah no swell this weekend, looks like the first summer flat spell. Will let you know when going up again. Saw you there in easky two weeks ago

There are some stars on windguru.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

ThOnda wrote: »
    There are some stars on windguru.

Stars mean wind, not swell. One star is about enough wind to put a few ripples on the water

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭theCaffers

dammit - missed last weekend was at the cat laughs instead - might be waiting a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭will3k

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Must have been jammed in Strandhill? No swell on horizon for long time i reckon :(

Was busy alright, but plenty of peaks along the beach to choose from. The lineups were friendly, and everyone was just having a laugh. Really nice shape to the waves. I was down infront of the campsite there and had no drop-ins, only had to give a bark now and again.

Is anybody going to surf in Co. Sligo this Saturday?

haven't you read the last few posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

yeah there may be people surfing some local windswell but i wouldnt bother as it'll be ****e if anything at all. hopefully something rolling in late next week, bit early to tell but looks like something moving across the atlantic that could hit by late week, weekend. Heres hoping but summer conditions seem to have arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yeah im up here all the time. not much coming this way this weekend. best option would be streedagh(north facing beach break)

east coast should be working this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

What about Bundoran or Dooey in Donegal?

I heard there was a bit of swell and the M4 buoy is giving ok readings - http://www.marine.ie/home/publicationsdata/data/buoys/observations.htm#M4

I was planning on bringing the board home for the week. Anyone out recently in the NW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

just 2ft windchop with a gusty onshore to accompany it. worthless...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

thank christ, a little something for the cork area tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Any swell this weekend?

Haven't had a chance to look at charts yet, very restricted in work :(

Thinking of heading down Lahinch way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

connundrum wrote: »
    Any swell this weekend?

Haven't had a chance to look at charts yet, very restricted in work :(

Thinking of heading down Lahinch way

Looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Surrender

I was in Fanore yesterday (Sunday 14th), Waves were hitting the 4 or 5 ft mark. Reallly enjoyable (for a beginner), serious sunshine as well.

Yep, the weekend is looking promising

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Spent sunday in rossnowlagh, super clean 2-3ft, perfect day for learning, in for about 5 hours :)

Headed away for both days this weekend. anywhere west is good by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭samson09

There's gonna be some cracking surf in Kerry for the next day or two, hopefully the wind will behave for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement