Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsofthacks.com - 3 Round Burst Testing

Options
  • 20-04-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

airsofthacks.com has been around for quite a while now as an airsoft blogging website and today sees the launch of the first of several new products;

Further details as per the latest post:

airsofthacks.com Custom products now Available

Just one of several new things coming to airsofthacks.com soon, here are our custom, made in Ireland, mosfets.

There are two options to choose from, our standard mosfet and our active braking mosfet. Both will provide an excellent upgrade to your AEG, reducing wear and tear and improving performance. The active braking mosfet has all the same features of the standard model except the motor is stopped when you release the trigger or when the cut-off lever engages.

Also, we have our Auto Reset Fuse, this will protect your AEG just like a nomal fuse, but when it breaks, just wait a couple of seconds and it will reset itself. It’s also got a much lower resistance than a standard fuse, so if you were thinking of removing your fuse to lower resistance, now you can have the best of both worlds.

Airsofthacks.com products can now be purchased online directly via eirsoft.ie, full details on each is below;

Standard Mosfet (RRP €30)
    • Our standard Mosfet wiring harness.
    • Highly recommended for AEGs to promote longevity and essential when running batteries high than the stock 8.4v
    • Replaces the stock wiring of an AEG
    • Reduces wear on trigger contacts.
    • Ideal for use with batteries of 8.4v and 9.6v
    • Can help increase Rate of Fire
    • Can increase battery life
    Active Braking Mosfet (RRP €45)
    • Upgraded Mosfet wiring harness with Active Braking.
    • The same as our Standard Mosfet with added Active braking.
    • Braking prevents the motor from overspinning when you release the trigger or in semi auto mode. This eliminates the problem of having 2 shots instead of 1 in semi auto commonly seen in high speed setups.
    • Highly recommended for AEGs to promote longevity and essential when running batteries higher than the stock 8.4v.
    Auto Reset Fuse (RRP €8)
    • Direct replacement for your stock AEG fuse, breaks just like anormal fuse to protect your AEG.
    • Automatically resets itself; no need to open your AEG and replace the fuse.
    • Has less resistance than a standard fuse, making sure you get the most out of your AEG while still protecting it against shorts.
    • Recommended for use with our Standard Mosfet and Active Braking Mosfet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 airsofthacks

Quick reset fuses now back in stock at Eirsoft.ie

Some new products coming soon.

Any suggestions or requests for products, feel free to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Mosfet with a 3 round burst maybe?? Is that possible and can it be used in any AEG?

Yes and Yes.

I'm working on a couple of options to do that at the moment, but it's a matter of finding a balance between cost (too expensive and nobody will want it) and ease of use (too awkward to use/install and nobody will want it)

Two options are;

Slightly expensive model; Computer controlled, plenty of fancy features, installs like a normal mosfet and requires no modification. This model will shoot a 3 round burst in full auto and then "roll over" to full auto after a minor delay if you keep holding the trigger.

Cheaper model; No computer control, timer based, will need to be calibrated by the user on initial installation and will not roll over to full auto. Could potentially do this as an "inline" model or as an add-on board for the active braking mosfet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i lie the sound of the roll over to full auto!!

how much are we talking about when you say slightly expensive??

Based on a quote I got recently to have them manufactured in Ireland, about 100euro retail price.

I'm looking at having some made in china though, will see how that goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

iceage wrote: »
    Mosfet with a 3 round burst maybe?? Is that possible and can it be used in any AEG?

+1 :p

however would be more interested in the more expensive one with the cheaper tag which i'm sure everyone would be :D

Based on a quote I got recently to have them manufactured in Ireland, about 100euro retail price.

I'm looking at having some made in china though, will see how that goes.

ouch:eek:

come on china look after us:D

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    +1 :p

however would be more interested in the more expensive one with the cheaper tag which i'm sure everyone would be :D

I'm sure everyone would :)

I'd try and get the retail price as low as possible, but realistically it'd probably still be around 70euro at the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have a guy I know acquiring a mosfet or some sort of thing, that will stop his gun firing after 30 rounds, therefore like an electronic bolt release. Once the next mag is inserted the rifle then operates again.

I was hoping to acquire something like this for milsim games. I don't know where he is getting them from but I'll report back what I hear, and how they perform.

Should they actually work well....it would completley null the need on my behalf of buying a systema,

Yup, I know the one you are talking about, only problem is it requires a sensor/switch either in the magwell or on the charging handle to reset the counter (not that big a problem tbh), there is also a variant that can do simulated jams randomly when you are shooting, requiring you to pull the charging handle to "clear the chamber" before shooting again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Docs one sounds much better then the 3 round burst one as long as you can turn it off or increase the limit easily

I'm sure everyone would :)

I'd try and get the retail price as low as possible, but realistically it'd probably still be around 70euro at the cheapest.

Ah well nothing is cheap these days anyway!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Think you might be reffering to the Cheetah mosfet Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

As far installing the mosfets go is it recommended that novices attempt installation themselves? (i.e have you included idiot proof instructions? Lol) as for the 3 round burst? Would personally like that a lot!

Yup, I know the one you are talking about, only problem is it requires a sensor/switch either in the magwell or on the charging handle to reset the counter (not that big a problem tbh), there is also a variant that can do simulated jams randomly when you are shooting, requiring you to pull the charging handle to "clear the chamber" before shooting again.

these sound deadly too. can you get these and what would the retail be on them?

these sound deadly too. can you get these and what would the retail be on them?

At the moment, no, ill be doing the 3 round burst option first, I'll look at extra features like those above, but it's a matter of supplying what will sell to be honest.
    zero19 wrote: »
    As far installing the mosfets go is it recommended that novices attempt installation themselves? (i.e have you included idiot proof instructions? Lol) as for the 3 round burst? Would personally like that a lot!

Yea, the instructions are as straight forward as I could make them to be honest, but they do come with a warning that you need to know how to open a gearbox and be able to solder to install them, alternatively, I can do installation or eirsoft.ie do installation aswell (for a fee of course :))

At the moment, no, ill be doing the 3 round burst option first, I'll look at extra features like those above, but it's a matter of supplying what will sell to be honest.

cool, i look forward to getting my hands on one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think you might be reffering to the Cheetah mosfet Doc.

Thats the one.

Simulated blockage you say, I wouldnt mind something like that.

But I'm going to guess this setup would cost around €150+ if a 3 round burster is in the ton mark.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thats the one.

But I'm going to guess this setup would cost around €150+ if a 3 round burster is in the ton mark.

yeah but the other option is a GBB or Systema so i would much prefer this option as well so hopefully u get enough interest to actually supply it :p

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thats the one.

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    yeah but the other option is a GBB or Systema so i would much prefer this option as well so hopefully u get enough interest to actually supply it :p

I'll get the basic 3 round burst model done first, then we'll start looking at realism modifications :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

a 3 round burst would complete my g&g mp5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

any update on the three round Mosfet kd ?

The design is finalised, hoping to have prototypes in a couple of weeks and then will start taking pre-orders from retailers once the prototypes have been tested sufficiently.

As per my blog post;

I’ve secured a supplier in Asia for manufacturing velcro-backed embroidered patches. Prices are very competitive and much cheaper than any manufacturer I was able to find locally in Ireland.

If you require patches for your team, email sales@airsofthacks.com and I will get a quote for your design.

Example of patches I’ve had made are below:

PatchSamples.png

The design is finalised, hoping to have prototypes in a couple of weeks and then will start taking pre-orders from retailers once the prototypes have been tested sufficiently.

hey kd any news on the 3 round burst mosfets yet?

hey kd any news on the 3 round burst mosfets yet?

Sorry for the delay in reply, was away for the last couple of weeks.

The 3 round burst mosfet has been slightly delayed due to minor design revisions and also summer holidays of both myself and my supplier. Will get moving on it ASAP.

Cheers

Sorry for the delay in reply, was away for the last couple of weeks.

The 3 round burst mosfet has been slightly delayed due to minor design revisions and also summer holidays of both myself and my supplier. Will get moving on it ASAP.

Cheers

thaks for that keep us posted

Necro thread ftw........

So I had a "Why Didn't I Think of That Before" moment the other day and I've just put together this;

Yes, the little board the gearbox is attached to is controlling the 3 round burst, and yes the whole thing can be made alot smaller and can be fit into a normal foregrip/stock.

The basic idea is based on the extreme fire 3 round burst system using a microcontroller to do timing and other various tricks. The code I've put together is very much in an alpha state, but hopefully this could turn out quiet well and in a few weeks time I should be looking for beta testers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Necro thread ftw........

So I had a "Why Didn't I Think of That Before" moment the other day and I've just put together this;

Yes, the little board the gearbox is attached to is controlling the 3 round burst, and yes the whole thing can be made alot smaller and can be fit into a normal foregrip/stock.

The basic idea is based on the extreme fire 3 round burst system using a microcontroller to do timing and other various tricks. The code I've put together is very much in an alpha state, but hopefully this could turn out quiet well and in a few weeks time I should be looking for beta testers.

Looks really cool. Volunteering for testing if needed. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Looks really cool. Volunteering for testing if needed. ;)
    I'll volunteer too, ya know just cos, you need more than one and stuff ¬¬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement