Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious symbols in public buildings?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Alright, then - we need to move on. The HSE loses all religious icons. What about Crosses on public spaces, and other Christian parphenalia - cribs at christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

asdasd wrote: »
    Alright, then - we need to move on. The HSE loses all religious icons. What about Crosses on public spaces, and other Christian parphenalia - cribs at christmas.

Glad to see you have come round at last, good to see progress!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

marti8 wrote: »
    So you were, was I going off on a tangent again? Dear me! ;) By all means let priests, ministers, rabbis, shamen, wiccan priestesses and whoever else wander the corridors of hospitals plying their trade, that's fine with me. Might get crowded though...lol "Roll up, roll up, due to the global downturn snake oil now reduced!"....:)

What utter tosh!

After you are finished parroting phrases you heard along the way, you might want to two possibilities

1) That patients and the family of patients might require some spiritual aspect to hospital care.

2) The people who work in such capacity, for example, those in a hospital chaplaincy role, make a positive effect in the lives of patients and their families.

Simply because you think it's all a load of bollocks doesn't mean that it is. Really, try to put your intolerance and cynicism aside for a moment.

What utter tosh!

After you are finished parroting phrases you heard along the way, you might want to two possibilities

1) That patients and the family of patients might require some spiritual aspect to hospital care.

2) The people who work in such capacity, for example, those in a hospital chaplaincy role, make a positive effect in the lives of patients and their families.

Simply because you think it's all a load of bollocks doesn't mean that it is. Really, try to put your intolerance and cynicism aside for a moment.

Like I said let all representatives of religious cults have the right to roam the hospitals plying their trade. What exactly is "tosh" about that? In fact I might head down myself, seeing as I am a legally ordained minister, yep, Universal Life Church.....Rev.Marti :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

"I'm a Jedi priest. Mind the lightsaber!"

"Oh dear..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm done with you Marti. It seems that you can't even figure out the pejorative intent of your own posts.

I cast thee out!

I'm done with you Marti. It seems that you can't even figure out the pejorative intent of your own posts.

I cast thee out!

But thou hast fully known my doctrine...

Advertisement