Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I've said it many times before but the "rengeneration" will go down as one of the greatest scams ever pulled by Limerick City Council. Pawn their problems off to county council and let them worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I've said it many times before but the "rengeneration" will go down as one of the greatest scams ever pulled by Limerick City Council. Pawn their problems off to county council and let them worry about it.

Very true..

Most of these scumbags didnt want to move and were forced...

Whoevers idea it was "well done":confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

€40,000 worth of stuff taken from cowpers. Supposedly the motorbike said "RATHKEALE" on the numberplate instead of the usual LK or KY etc. This shows how comfortable these scumbags are with robbing places. The motorbike was taken up to Asumpta Park and torched. A car was waiting for them and they got away.

It took the Gards 15 mins to call down to Cowpers after it happned. Anyone who dosent know Newcastle West, you would walk from the barracks to Cowpers in no more than 3 mins.

Normoyles garage was also robbed last night (I think it was last night) They took the till and specialized equipment. They are right beside the Gards barraks for God sake.

Is there any hope of someone organising a protest or something? Are the Gardai not ashamed about the state that west Limerick is in now?

Thats just a pure piss take of the law ffs sure all the law can do is fine people for petty stuff like no tax etc wheres it all going to end????

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

I hear there was a protest at Askeaton Garda station due to the inaction of the Gardai in relation to these burgalries and other issues. Anybody have more info on it? I heard there were over 50 people there (but the story may have grown legs!). Fair play to them I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

They attempted to break into the Post Office in Askeaton at the the beginning of the week, but when startled they fled. However, the Post Office in Fedamore was broken into the same night, and some cash was taken.

Coincidence, I think not, it's just getting ridiculous at this stage.:confused:

• Advertisement

Tinytony wrote: »
    I hear there was a protest at Askeaton Garda station due to the inaction of the Gardai in relation to these burgalries and other issues. Anybody have more info on it? I heard there were over 50 people there (but the story may have grown legs!). Fair play to them I say.

I hope there was, if I had known about it I would have been there with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Kerry Agri Business Store (or creamery to oldies) In Newcastle was broken into on Wednesday last.

Does anybody know was there much taken?

The guards continue to sit on their arses and do nothing about this, crime is escalating all over the county and its no coincidence that its got progressively worse since these undesirables were re-housed from the city.

grenache wrote: »
    The Kerry Agri Business Store (or creamery to oldies) In Newcastle was broken into on Wednesday last.

Does anybody know was there much taken?

The guards continue to sit on their arses and do nothing about this, crime is escalating all over the county and its no coincidence that its got progressively worse since these undesirables were re-housed from the city.

To be fair the Gardaí gave chase to these culprits and caught them over in South Liberties. There is only so much they can do, they can't sit outside every premises and private house in the country. They also can't just walk into a persons home and say "you done it". There is a lot of red tape involved such as search warrants etc. Whilst I agree that the Gardaí are not perfect, personally I blame the jucdicial system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Tinytony wrote: »

I dunno how true this is but I heard it was to do with a totally different, in fact far more serious matter and the lack of action in relation to that.

cupthehand wrote: »
    I dunno how true this is but I heard it was to do with a totally different, in fact far more serious matter and the lack of action in relation to that.

Ya, I know what you are getting at and I think it was that that finally pushed the people to act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Apparently there stealing diesel out of farm machinery and cars. Two of my uncles in the Shanagolden area have had diesel stolen in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I've posted a thread in the Limerick City forum asking if we have actually exported enough Scum from Limerick City into the County to cause a spike of this nature. LINK

I see that three of the Caseys were in Court in the past few days for visiting houses without a so much as a:

cadbury_roses_box.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

cupthehand wrote: »

what's the more serious matter

betonit wrote: »
    what's the more serious matter

I believe it was in relation to the crash in which the couple were killed a few weeks ago.

they're sitting back on that too!!!! FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I hear askeaton have a big crime family thst cause awful crap out there?SVDP pay their court fines aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

shouldnt this be in the Security section?

Tim M-U wrote: »
    shouldnt this be in the Security section?

It's handier have it here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

I hear askeaton have a big crime family thst cause awful crap out there?SVDP pay their court fines aswell

They're hardly the Sopranos :D Just scumbags

SVDP pay their court fines aswell

are you serious!!!... so SVDP encourage them to commit crime, as in there is no consequences

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

ask anyone from the area

Cowpers got robbed again today
    Foreigners i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

knipex wrote: »
    I got a house alarm fitted, its even monitored with a big bell and sign the lot.

Even still my neighbours on two separate occasions found shall we say "undesirables" walking around my house. Not doing anything in particular just walking around the back having a good look. On both occasions they asked them to move on. Its a nice area where neighbours look out for one another but you cannot expect them to be around all the time or if one of them got hurt confronting "undesirables" I would never forgive myself.

I bought a Great Dane (who turned out to be a coward) and a boxer (who makes allot of noise and looks vicious but is as harmless as the rabbits be plays tag with)

Both look like they would rip you in two and the boxer runs up to everyone barking and then jumps up on them (he just wants to play but strangers don't know that).

Shortly after my neighbour met two undesirables running out my drive screaming like girls shouting at a van driver to get moving before the dogs got them :D

Have not set the alarm since and I keep forgetting to lock the back door.

I also have a big "Beware the Dog" sign out front.

Best thing I ever bought and they get on great with my 17 month old son.

Even the neighbours love them as they go mad when anyone goes into their yard.

Friends from the city keep telling me to get some obedience training for the boxer to stop him jumping and barking at people. He doesn't jump on kids so I think he is just fine.
    of all the Dog I have ever had, my dead Terrier (she was a stray more likely abandoned) was the best as she even kept everyone in their car and a special vicious streak for Van drivers. She even kept the Guards in their car. The more they beep their horns the worst she got. One clam word from me and she all friendly.
    She has a loud bark and a strong growl and small enough to go under the cars watching all doors therefore preventing them from stepping out. She refuses food from any stranger even neighbours which was troubling when going on holidays. I had to set a system to release food daily for her, so she won't go hungry.
    She was the Best guard dog I ever had, the Best thing off all ,she would protects any kids even neighbours kids (She prevented my neighbour from hitting her child) and loves playing with them and as soon as any car/van comes into the drive she hops over the wall and does her business. I never had to train her, just pet her when she does good. I wish I could have cloned her. The pups were useless. :mad:

grenache wrote: »
    The burglaries are being carried out by a group of vermin who were resettled out of Moyross to the Pike outside Rathkeale. Those kind folk in the council gave them a house. They've done 6 houses already, targetting the Rathkeale, Newcastle, Ardagh and surrounding areas. They're sending a young lad in thru open windows to get access to the houses. Everyone in the locality knows who is behind them. Well done county council, not happy with ruining nice areas like Raheen and Castletroy by resettling these scum, now you want to destroy the county too. Keep up the good work, dickheads.

There was a man shot at Reens Pike this morning and a car burnt out near by. Coincidence?

I just wonder what will be done about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

The thing is people know who is behind all this, the cops know too and are only too happy to say that "there are ongoing investigations" or "our hands are tied". The only medicine for the cancerous subhuman filth is a good tenderising with a pickaxe handle or a hurl. Break every bone in their bodies and knock every tooth out of their heads. They might think twice about breaking into someone's house after that.

What we need is the A-team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

We had a guard call one day and told us he saw the ribbon outside our house. That along with the fact that probably about once a week we come home from work to find that the alarm was set off during the day had me freaked out. I suppose all we can do is set the alarm every day and hope they stay away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

a couple of dogs is a good investment, a terrier will bark at anything, and will always get a bigger dog upset, one dog inside and one outside, quite a few houses around where i live have been cleaned out, not mine thankfully, all i have is an old laptop and a lcd tv, the insurance has that covered (hopefully), plus the fact that it is occupied 24/7, also they seem to know where to hit, i believe that no one outside of your immediate family should be allowed inside of one home, the amount of callers i get trying to come inside my home to sell me anything from alarm to candles is unreal, they are probably all genuine, but if one is not then they have the layout and an idea of the contents.

Advertisement