Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human Error review (Spoilers!)

Options
  • 18-04-2009 6:12pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A little review I wrote for Moonbase 2... spoilerific, as always.

We open with Optimus, optimising his way around town. We're given a helpful hint as to who the bad guy will be in this episode, as Powell seems to have recorded an advertisement of himself arguing with Sumdac, and chosen to put this on air. Slightly surreal, but I'll go with it.

We have a little "it's Christmas!" blurb from a recovered and interestingly attired (uuuh, those 3/4 length pull up sock thingies she's wearing look decidely... adult for a kids programme, or maybe I'm just a perve) Sari. I get my first chuckle of the episode when I notice the Christmas tree is adorned by road signs and other kibble the Autobots seem to have scrounged from around the place.

Another mini Soundwave infiltrates the Autobots hombase and "spikes" the drink via shoulder cannon. My brain hurts trying to work out the science of that, but hey it's a show with giant sentient robots, so what are you going to do.

Autobots wake up in human bodies. G1 references ahoy! Optiman seems to come from the Reed Richards school of mature leadering with greying hair, Ratchet is scarred old grizzly war vet, Bulkhead's a jock and Bumblebee is an annoying kid.

Some things never change...

We go looking for Prowl and I'm hoping desperately he'll be a Snake Eyes alike.

Go Snake Eyes!

...Please?

Aw, it Village People Prowl. Dagnabit.

Anyway, gay biker bot figures out something is not quite right. Prowl is getting more and more powerful as this series goes on, I cannot see them leaving him in this state for too long.

Sari finally gets her t-bob doohickey and decides to drive the plot along as the menobots engage in a humourous but not really original "WTF?" scene.

Prowl has a nice character moment with a baby though.

I should probably remove that sentence, it looks weird.

Anyway, the Decepticons launch an improbably timed attack, which is ok because it fits into the story, as both Sari and the Manobots figure out that they're stuck in the Matrix (people Matrix not robot one, you know, glows green instead of blue), being distracted while Soundwave goes all Beast Wars on their asses and reprogrammes them.

Interesting moment where Sari proves not to be as incredibly all powerful as we thought, Soundwave and Laszszser Beak beat off the power of her Hadokens easily.

Back in the Matrix the power of the moustache turns our bike riding friend into Neo and we get a double whammy of fanboy moments as we get an ultimate doom (great name, I always feel) followed up by a quick assertation that Autobots are, in fact, inferior.

It's all wrapped up with a cliff hanger as Soundwave continues his evil ploy and I WANT MORE. Not the most original conciet in the world (or even Transformers) but so well executed. Great episode.

Reviewing is fun, comments welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Haven't seen it yet.... but good to see a review... Have enjoyed Season 3 a lot so far.

Will be back to comment as soon as I've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmmmmmmmmmm

I liked the last episode but not this one. The animation seemed quite weak and the plot was very predictable though some parts were sorta funny it didnt have the same pace to it as other humour episodes in both this and Teen Titans (the animators previous show)

Also seriously like I said about episode 6 they really really need to tone down Prowl he is seriously gettting over powered.

Nerf his ass ASAP!

on kinky sari, they did make her older this season through conveniant plot device so I say some animators might be having too much fun fulfilling some deep dark fantasies of their childhood.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In retrospect, I think it's fairly obvious from Yokotron's comments that
    Prowl will not live to see the end of this season.
    Which is a shame as he was a very cool character.

Kinky Sari... yeah, I think there's a designer somewhere who needs to calm down. I am glad I am not the only one who noticed it :)

I think I was kiner to this episode than you probably because it was nice to see Prime actually pwn Megs for once.

Even if it wasn't really Prime and, y'know, wasn't really Megs.

I think the show has sort of jumped the shark with me in a temporary fashion. Until they tone Prowl down I'll have difficulty enjoying any episode involving him.

Though Prowl has always been focused on a bit too much through all 3 seasons, its only this season where he is being made more powerful aswell which just seems a bit excessive to me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I think the show has sort of jumped the shark with me in a temporary fashion. Until they tone Prowl down I'll have difficulty enjoying any episode involving him.

Though Prowl has always been focused on a bit too much through all 3 seasons, its only this season where he is being made more powerful aswell which just seems a bit excessive to me.

Funny, I would say the same about Lockdown. I often wonder if he is so powerful with so many weapons and is a cyber ninja why he simply hasn't offed megs and taken over the 'cons.

Minor complaints though for me.

• Advertisement

I would agree with you on Lockdown.

I perferred it when he embodied the spirit of oppurtunist bounty hunter with no loyalty or honour

rather then the spirit of all the above + kick ass super ninja who probably did more damage then megatron in the great war.

but he shows up alot less then Prowl.

Advertisement