Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little lotto goes a long way

Options
  • 15-04-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

did any win the lotto??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

No.

ah I hope not I forgot to do it goddammit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Won it twice already, I really dont need to win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes.

Three numbers and the bonus... happy days....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

My family had 3 tickets no winner :(
    still the odds are pretty good compared to normal lotto. hope they have another one for The august bank holiday or sometin :D

• Advertisement

didn't get a call from the lad in the syndicate so nope.. and didn't win the bonus ball in work so down 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

My family had 3 tickets no winner :(
    still the odds are pretty good compared to normal lotto. hope they have another one for The august bank holiday or sometin :D
    I remember hearing before the odds of winning statistically were almost the same as your odds of winning monday millions,could be wrong tho,5 tickets and no luck :(

woohoo 14 million on saturday, Sunday will be a great day :D

I'll buy you all a lollipop

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

triple-M wrote: »
    I remember hearing before the odds of winning statistically were almost the same as your odds of winning monday millions,could be wrong tho,5 tickets and no luck :(
    100yoyos ouch:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

didn't get a call from the lad in the syndicate so nope.. and didn't win the bonus ball in work so down 4 euro.

i wouldnt rely on that.

tbh, if i was that lad, id be sippin a pina colada in tahiti by now, new passport, family.. etc... fook the syndicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 ze4400

lucky-colm wrote: »
    did any win the lotto??

:mad: - No, but didn't buy a ticket so no loss, in fact happy days!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

triple-M wrote: »

I read that thread and i think by the end it was disproved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I had 3 numbers and the bonus I won 29euro:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

did any win the lotto??

Genetic lottery not won then, either?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

The amount of money I've wasted on the lotto, don't know why I bother anymore.............. will HAVE to do it on Saturday though because its worth so much!!

It could be you!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

did any win the lotto??

I haven't checked my ticket yet because I like to keep it as a little sometime to 'look forward to' until the weekend. As things stand I can only presume that "yes" I did win the lottery tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I haven't checked my ticket yet because I like to keep it as a little sometime to 'look forward to' until the weekend.

Schrodinger's lotto ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Genetic lottery not won then, either?:confused:

Now, now - some geniuses can't work out how to turn on an oven - the other parts of their brain are pulling resources from those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

did any win the lotto??

Anyone.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Anyone.

/thread.

Nope, it's a rollover for Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Still drivin' the 'mobile ashtray'

Life doesn't change much in Shangri La.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

Burkatron wrote: »
    Nope, it's a rollover for Saturday!

WUWHOOOooo!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Lotto is a chancers game. It attacks the 'weak'. Anyone with a right sense of mind would instead provide themselves with credit through hard work and honest savings.

tech2 wrote: »
    Lotto is a chancers game. It attacks the 'weak'. Anyone with a right sense of mind would instead provide themselves with credit through hard work and honest savings.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

A tax on fools so they say. In any case, it's no sin to have a bit of a flutter every now again, you can still buy a €4 lotto plus quick pick a week and pay the rent. Just a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

This is not correct, the chance for you to win is very little of course, over 1/13Mil, but it has been created to help closing gaps between richs and poors many years ago. It also serves well the purpose of collecting free money which is redistributed to the public in a way or another.

Now I believe it is not adapted anymore. It should be changed to make at least 50 people a week earn 50k+. A million is a million alright. But we do not need a new millionaire every 1 month, we need lots of people with 50k fresh money in the pocket every week. That would give a serious economy boost period.

My 2 cents

dead air wrote: »
    A tax on fools so they so. In any case, it's no sin to have a bit of a flutter every now again, you can still buy a €4 lotto plus quick pick a week and pay the rent. Just a bit of fun.

which equivalates to around to 208 a year which in my case would be one month of rent. Also not taking into account the cost of petrol to get to the shop it would amount to a lot more

mick.fr wrote: »
    This is not correct, the chance for you to win is very little of course, over 1/13Mil, but it has been created to help closing gaps between richs and poors many years ago. It also serves well the purpose of collecting free money which is redistributed to the public in a way or another.

Now I believe it is not adapted anymore. It should be changed to make at least 50 people a week earn 50k+. A million is a million alright. But we do not need a new millionaire every 1 month, we need lots of people with 50k fresh money in the pocket every week. That would give a serious economy boost period.

My 2 cents

I can agree with some of your points. If it was spread out so that more people would have a chance of winning less than a million it would make more sense to have a higher number of people well off.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry I didnt dumb down my post enough for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Also not taking into account the cost of petrol to get to the shop it would amount to a lot more

Seriously? Are your legs broken?
    Or do you never leave the house except to get a lotto ticket?

Advertisement