Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DaySoft Daily Disposable Contact Lenses now €12 for 1 month supply including delivery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

can i order toric lenses on this site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smallthing

Ok... I've worked in specsavers for a year and seriously this thread actually made me die a little inside. :(:(:(

PLEASE read this!!

Just a few words of advice:

First of all these contacts cant be suitable for all eyes. Different brands have different Diameter and curvature (DIA and BC) and changing to a different type may cause irritation or other eye problems (So please try and stick to the type you've been prescibed!)

Also if you have an astigmatism (which is when your eyes are slightly rugby ball shaped instead of round), unless the lenses are toric lenses with the right measurements, the lenses will most likely fall out and you're vision wont be as clear (I have an astigmatism myself n bought lenses abroad a few years ago, fell out after a couple of hours because they weren't toric ones....) so if you're buying online you need to have those extra measurement, as prescribed by your optician.

The check ups every year are to ensure that an infection doesn't develop in your eye. Eye infections can develop without any signs and left undetected can cause major damage to your eye. And wearing contacts makes you much more prone to eye infections, hence the need for annual checks.
    And for that person who had a bad experience while trying to get contact lenses because their check was out of date, i apologise! I get people arguing with me several times a day over this same issue, and people can be quite abusive sometimes! But as long as the customer books an appointment I'm always more than happy to sell the customer a supply to keep them going.

Contacts are essentially a foreign object being put into your body, and so just like going to the doctor to get drugs they have to be prescribed to you by a qualified optician in order to ensure they are right for you as an individual.

There is however no problem in acquiring contact lenses online, and i agree they are way too expensive in this country. (I hate having to pay so much just to be able to see!!!) If you are already wearing lenses you've bought online, bring along the packages to your next check and providing they are suitable for you the optician should be more than happy to prescribe them to you from now on and you can carry on buying them online. If you want to start buying your lenses online, the optician should be able to give you a copy of you prescription if you ask, which will provide the information you need to buy lenses online. Any opticain should be able to give you a copy of your prescription as this is the service you have paid for.

In summary, get annual check ups and stick to the brand you've been prescribed! (Whether you buy them online or in an optician!) And everything will be hunky dory!!

Thanks for reading!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Oracle wrote: »
    DaySoft Daily Disposable Contact Lenses are now cheaper at €6 per box of 32 lenses. That works out at a months supply of lenses for €12 per month, including delivery. You just need to order 2 months supply (at €24) to get that price: http://www.daysoftlenses.com/IE/CountryHomepage.aspx

Ordered these last wednesday and they arrived tuesday.It allowed me to buy 1 month supply for 12 euro.So far they are perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

my contacts arrived yesterday by post, i ordered a 2month supply, tried them on for a couple hours and they seemed perfect... gonna try them for longer periods on the weekend and hopefully they will be perfect:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Cutie_pc wrote: »
    can i order toric lenses on this site?

No you can't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭jones

Just ordered two months supply aswell for €23! great find original poster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

smallthing wrote: »
    There is however no problem in acquiring contact lenses online, and i agree they are way too expensive in this country. (I hate having to pay so much just to be able to see!!!) If you are already wearing lenses you've bought online, bring along the packages to your next check and providing they are suitable for you the optician should be more than happy to prescribe them to you from now on and you can carry on buying them online. If you want to start buying your lenses online, the optician should be able to give you a copy of you prescription if you ask, which will provide the information you need to buy lenses online. Any opticain should be able to give you a copy of your prescription as this is the service you have paid for.

Thanks for reading!! :D

Surely the opticians don't like us buying the lenses online though. They must be loosing a lot of money over it. Obviously if they sold them for the same prices as the online retailers they'd get the customers back.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Great offer OP, thanks! Just ordered my self 2 months supply for €24, one months supply in specsavers usually sets me back €35. Great savings! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Does anyone buy monthlies from this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I take it you need to go to an optician before switching from glasses to contacts. I was thinking of buying a box to try them out, might just wait if you need to have a brand to switch from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

Esse85 wrote: »
    Does anyone buy monthlies from this site?

I don't think they sell monthly lenses, hence the name - daysoftlenses
    I take it you need to go to an optician before switching from glasses to contacts. I was thinking of buying a box to try them out, might just wait if you need to have a brand to switch from.

It's always good to get a contact lens assessment before starting to wear contacts to see are your eyes suitable and in good health, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I love my Daysoft lenses, & wear them quite a bit, but sadly according to my optition they are giving me dry eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

ajjmk wrote: »
    I love my Daysoft lenses, & wear them quite a bit, but sadly according to my optition they are giving me dry eyes :(

That can happen with any contact lens. There are comfort eye drops specifically for contact lens wearers: http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/search_results.php?q=contact+lens+eye+drops&type=Normal&sort_price=pa&view=Grid&brand=&pr_range=&gen=25&pre=0&pet=0

Advertisement