Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 18 [1am - 2am] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 14-04-2009 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭

Synopsis from TV.com:
    Hodges meets with President Taylor to outline his demands involving Starkwood having a seat at the highest government level, but Tony's plan to detonate Starkwood's weapons systems dramatically reverses the control of power.

Renee calls in Kim Bauer to see her dad, who refuses to get her involved in a possible treatment option to stop the degeneration caused by the bio weapon.

One Starkwood operative manages to sneak a canister off the premises and is pursued by Larry.

24 Day 7 Hour 18 47 votes

0%
    40%
    Mr EUnearthlyiMaxsiodawitnessmenowNeo#mikeruurdswba88DemocAnarchisXavi6silvineMenaAlanthroneusTheInquisitorDeeper Bluetok9bm365danh789Mr Freeze 19 votes
    42%
    YakuzaManachBardMountjoy Muggerjor elLFCFanpodge3SherifuJ-blkCiDeRmAnNecronomiconwhosedaddy?The DonDeepBluepaulieeyeunreggdAldebaranGonzovisionBeanstalkThe Buster 20 votes
    10%
    Mossy MonkleggoMr. KMr VeloMr. Guappa 5 votes
    4%
    murpho999iiiiTz Meeee 2 votes
    2%
    Elmo 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Signposted from Hour 1, but it was still a surprise. :)

Holy s**t. Thats all I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Every now and then 24 produces an episode that makes me realise it's still my all time favourite show at heart, and this is one.

Amazing. Tony wtf :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Why no silent clock for Larry?

That was pretty cold by Tony. There isn't really a way of retconning it - Tony is now bad to the bone :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What the hell. Are they making this up as the go along?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tony the snake! I actually went :eek: when it happened. Such a twist.

Completely overshadowed Kim's comeback! :D

/drool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

WHYYYYYYY TONY?

I'm gutted that Tony is a bad guy afterall. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

WOW! Its going to take me a while to get over that. Excellent. I was hoping Tony wasnt bad after all. Maybe there is another twist. Kim was damn fine hopefully she is in it a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭sioda

bloody hell that was unreal God I love this show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Damn! I was wondering what was up when Larry removed Tony's cuffs, but didn't think it'd be the death of him, and just when Larry finally became not an arsehole. Cold, Tony. Very cold.

So is this who Jonas was talking about then, or does Tony still work for some other group/person, that's even bigger than Starkwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

*awaits screen grabs* to be hosted on sparky-s.ie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

OMG.. I was at the edge of my couch.
    I guess we all wondered whether Tony is good or bad.. but this was beyond cold blooded... and nicely drawn out...

At least he apologised to Larry :D

Now that everyone thinks Tony is a hero, it will be difficult to discover him. Jack slowly turning into a vegetable - who is going to save the day? Maybe Chase is outside waiting for Kim.

I want Cloe back....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

When Larry was talking to Tony after the explosion i was actually thinking to myself "I'd love if this was on live so i could post up on boards (ala a football match) that I reckon Tony is still bad cause there nobody will believe me afterwards that i called it" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great episode, I am gutted that Tony is bad, but it was going to happen from the start.

Hard to know how the next few episodes are going to play out now with Tony bad and Jack near incapicated. The rate he is going down hill he can't go after Tony when he is discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Great episode, I am gutted that Tony is bad, but it was going to happen from the start.

Hard to know how the next few episodes are going to play out now with Tony bad and Jack near incapicated. The rate he is going down hill he can't go after Tony when he is discovered.

I think its set up so that Jack discovers Tony, no one believes Jack, Jack goes after Tony himself...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Even though it had been speculated here earlier in the season, it was still very surprising. Terrific twist. You knew something had to happen to set up the last 5 hours of the day, but I thought it would be more to do with what Jonas Hodges said to the President.

I wonder will this prompt Jack to take the experimental treatment, so he can personally go after Tony.

Great episode. Great season!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Having looked at wiki and their 24 page, plus the synopsis for the upcoming eps, looks like Tony could be bad for good alright.
    Although, it has to be said, the absence of the silent clock at the end of the ep may mean that Moss is not dead, merely unwell, which in turn means that Tony is still undercover.
    Of course, more likely is that Moss is actually toast and so unimportant as a series character that he doesn't warrant a silent clock, let's face it, the guy had a red jumper on for most of the show, and we all knew he was for the chop when he and Jack started seeing eye to eye.

We'll have to see next week,

Never took Tony for a Nina though, and the notion of being signed up for the next season could be interesting too, will he be in a holding cell, ala Nina or a free man?

And one last thing, it was kinda cool to see Tony take on the Jack role in taking down the fuel store and the missiles, with Jack on support instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Best episode of the season so far for me i'd say.

Absolutely gutted that Tony is bad and the way that moss was killed was very cold as everyone else is saying.

Kim is behind it all the whole thing she said Daddy way too much for my liking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Loved it.

Absolutely brilliant twist. I reckon we've at least an hour or two before people realise Tony's up to no good, so that means either Larry's totally dead or in a coma or something.

In terms of Jack's health, I see two possible options:
    1)Once he realises that Tony's bad he'll call Kim back and take the treatment in order to be able to go after him.
    or
    2)Kim will get her half of the treatment done without telling Jack (and she'll either die or be sick as a result) and then Jack will take the treatment and go after Tony to avenge Kim/ revenge for being behind the freeon gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

sioda wrote: »
    Kim is behind it all the whole thing she said Daddy way too much for my liking :P
    Oh, actually, you might be on to something.

Tony was very interested when he heard Larry mention Kim. Perhaps Tony and Kim have been seeing each other on the sly and are behind the whole thing.

Even that's not too far fetched for 24.

• Advertisement

Ah Ronny what have I started

But it was true maybe he has Chase's hand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Having looked at wiki and their 24 page, plus the synopsis for the upcoming eps, looks like Tony could be bad for good alright.
    Although, it has to be said, the absence of the silent clock at the end of the ep may mean that Moss is not dead, merely unwell, which in turn means that Tony is still undercover.
    Of course, more likely is that Moss is actually toast and so unimportant as a series character that he doesn't warrant a silent clock, let's face it, the guy had a red jumper on for most of the show, and we all knew he was for the chop when he and Jack started seeing eye to eye.

We'll have to see next week,

Never took Tony for a Nina though, and the notion of being signed up for the next season could be interesting too, will he be in a holding cell, ala Nina or a free man?

And one last thing, it was kinda cool to see Tony take on the Jack role in taking down the fuel store and the missiles, with Jack on support instead.

Ya, I was expecting the silent clock at the end too. Surely Moss is dead tho.

Did not know Carlos Benard was signed up for another season. Glad to hear that, even if he is bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Tony :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Excellent episode. Best of the season so far. Did not expect Tony to turn bad. I wonder what he's up to or who he's working for/with.

I think that Kim will get her part of the treatment behind Jack's back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Tony! :(

But...what if Tony sends the starkwood guy off and then immediatley revives Larry...we can only hope! though it would be too similiar to the earlier epidode where Bill revives Renee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Beanstalk wrote: »
    But...what if Tony sends the starkwood guy off and then immediatley revives Larry...we can only hope!

Why wouldn't he just have killed the Starkwood guy? They have the bottle, but Tony gave it back to him and sent him on his way. No, Tony is bad, but I don't think he's the leader. There's something else going on.
    2)Kim will get her half of the treatment done without telling Jack (and she'll either die or be sick as a result) and then Jack will take the treatment and go after Tony to avenge Kim/ revenge for being behind the freeon gas.

I was thinking that Kim would have Jack declared unfit to make the medical decisions himself, and then make the decision herself. She could do this still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

larry was choked unconcious, doubth very much hes dead, but if thats the case hell be up and about in 20 mins, so i dunno

id say jack will find out that tony is bad, go after him, and fail, then hell go into a coma or something, and theyll do the teatment on him while hes in a coma, and bang well be in season 8,

kim, long hair, short hair??? she looks hotter with the hort i think, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wow, now that was an ending I wasn't expecting.
    When Jonas got caught I was like oh dear it's like last year again. 1 plot ends and here someone coming back(last year Audrey, this year Kim) right on time.

I don't think Larry deserves a silent clock as you need to be in multiple seasons to be worthy of that.

I would hope they have a pretty good explanation for why Ton has gone out of his way to help although I am not sure we will but hey it's 24. I will go along with the ride.

Oh olivia wasn't in this episode. I want to see more of her and preferably Kim in the same room together with a bed...actually I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

jor el wrote: »
    Why wouldn't he just have killed the Starkwood guy? They have the bottle, but Tony gave it back to him and sent him on his way. No, Tony is bad, but I don't think he's the leader. There's something else going on.

Maybe he didn't kill the Starkwood guy so that they (the FBI and all) could track him to the real people behind the whole thing. Larry might be just unconscious, but Tony would hardly have said sorry to him if he had only knocked him out. Hard to tell where this is going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems to me very likely that Tony and the "Starkwood guy" are working for whatever Meta bad guys are pulling the strings behind Hodges and all the rest.
    In that case, Tony is working way way undercover for a group so shadowy that even other shadowy groups have trouble making them out, due to the aforementioned sheer level of shadowiness, Mwa Ha HA HAAA!

It's all a tad silly, no?

Still, I'm sure we'll all understand by the end,

Hmm...

Wonder if Jacks dad is secretly not dead and behind it all???

That or all the people Jack and his brood have gotten killed over the years are about to pop up and get revenge, you go Curtis!

Advertisement