Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wwII Styled Airsoft team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

I'll be in that surplus shop in Limerick tomorrow, I can check if they still have em if ya want. Or I could just sell you my original, dated Waffen SS combat helmet.... how does €800 sound? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

major zero wrote: »
    well ? were can you buy good but at a price Waffen SS Gear ?

I got my wermacht uniform from Epic Militaria, but Soldier of Fortune also have a great selection at reasonable prices. Ebay is also your friend.

Sorry don't have time to look up the links right now.

Not interested in joining a team, but I am interested in a proper WWII themed reinacment/skirmish at some point, preferably after the Stg 44 and Sten et all reach the stores here so people have more options and it's not just a Thompson Vs MP40 battle.

BTW Major Zero, the Kar 98 is useless in a skirmish, not bad as a wall hanger but it couldn't hit the back of a barn at any distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Lemming wrote: »

But what I really want to do is get my Sten and Bren, and a WW2 British Para loadout circa Arnhem. Then all you huns will get yours :p

what? unlike the huns at arnhem,,,, :D!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 major zero

I'll be in that surplus shop in Limerick tomorrow, I can check if they still have em if ya want. Or I could just sell you my original, dated Waffen SS combat helmet.... how does €800 sound? :p

hmmm 800

i still savein for my weapons but if ya get a look at the other 1 give us a price

P.M me so =] happy days

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Guys please remember this before posting in this thread.
    * Discussion of the Waffen SS and other such nazi-era groups is a sensitive subject, discussion regarding this topic is allowed only if it is a relevant topic and a proper discussion.
    - If someone posts a thread on this topic which you find offensive, do not reply to it or start a debate on the matter, if it does not suit your personal taste then ignore it, if it is in breach of the charter, then please use the report post button so that a mod can respond to it.
    - There is to be no further debate on the matter of whether or not SS discussion is allowed, the debate took place in this thread and the decision has been made by the moderators.
    - With regard to SS and similar uniforms, there is to be no discussion of insignia or where to buy insignia, in particular the SS lightning bolts, swastika's or any other nazi insignia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Have been working on a German (Heer) Army enlisted man's uniform, and should have it sorted in the next 2 weeks, will have the STG 44 in the next few days, but the old MP40 will still see some use ;)
    Have a few othres from the club that have an intrest in the WW2 airsoft.

Be great to see good event for the WW2 heads.

(Its best not to where any SS insignia)

I vill report for duty in ze next 2 weeks. :)

there seems to be a lot of fuss regards the axis ww2 stuff, a compromise perhaps would be to wear the camo but not the insignia because lets face it the waffen ss uniforms with the camo patterns are quite good, so good varients are still used today by several nations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

that would be fair enough i reckon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

thermo wrote: »
    the camo patterns are quite good, so good varients are still used today by several nations!

And some of the insignias have the potential to be so offensive they will not be permitted here..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Yea go plain (No insignia at all) Its not needed in a game of airsoft, if you are a re-enactor then go for it just take em of before you skirmish.

Lets not kill it before it grows!
    German,
    Webbing, helmet, and some P-dot camo or splinter and ya laughing.
    US.
    Webbing, helmet, and some greens, and you are in.

Can all be done for cheep, around 150-200 should get you the best of the basics.

And lets not start crap about the insignia thing, its not needed.
    Ill get some picks put up when I get my gear :)

• Advertisement

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Yea go plain (No insignia at all) Its not needed in a game of airsoft, if you are a re-enactor then go for it just take em of before you skirmish.

Lets not kill it before it grows!
    German,
    Webbing, helmet, and some P-dot camo or splinter and ya laughing.
    US.
    Webbing, helmet, and some greens, and you are in.

Can all be done for cheep, around 150-200 should get you the best of the basics.

And lets not start crap about the insignia thing, its not needed.
    Ill get some picks put up when I get my gear :)

i agree,,,,,, i think in the airsoft world people get too A**L about markings, on my re-enactment gear i put the markings on gut my airsoft stuff the closest thing i have to markings is an ireland flag on one of my sets of camo's!!!! the inportant thing is not to get caught up with what unit your portraying or not portraying,,,,,,,,,,airsoft is supposed to be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd be very interested in this alright.

A german paratrooper loadout was on the cards. As was regular infantry, problem for me was alot of surplus salesmen and shops had alot of kit with insignia : / And some of the pricing is rather high but then again i spent loads on my nam kit.

If I was choosing weaponry id have to go with a kar98k, and an mp40.

I'll watch this with interest as perhaps a winter project to assemble for the following year if it takes off. As of now i invested in that nam stuff that im wearing with my multicam to justify the use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Just thought I'd put this link up again, there is some usefull info about sourcing uniforms and kit on there for anyone interested in doing it properly.

http://historical-airsoft.bigforumpro.com/forum.htm

the soldier of fortune on line catologue is pretty good aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JOHN MC

check out krupper militaria thay have a lot of german stuff on it
    you should get everything you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PanzerCommander

cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Only noticed this thread now! i'd be well up for this! I started a 101st airborne loadout a few years back so could finish that, but i'm really interested in going for a german sniper look. Get a tanaka kar98 (since the Dboys one is a bit pants), put a scope on it and then try and find a decent image of a german sniper and copy his loadout as best i could! All i have to do now is officialy change the name on my birth cert to Konings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

BTW just for the record I am in the process of setting up a Wehrmacht loadout. I have Splinter Camo Uniform, Cap, Lugar with Leather Holster, MP40.

I need Wehrmacht insignia, boots and ammo pouch for the MP40 Mags.

Sounds ace Gandalf. how much was the uniform??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Quite cheap as its not WW2 authentic. I am going for a WW2 look not an exact replica.

I got it from these lads. http://www.asmc.de/suche/splinter.html

• Advertisement

Cheers for that i'll check them out! I'd be going for the same! Can't afford a full replicated look!

thats helps a bit but i dont have the cash for a real look

gandalf wrote: »
    BTW just for the record I am in the process of setting up a Wehrmacht loadout. I have Splinter Camo Uniform, Cap, Lugar with Leather Holster, MP40.

I need Wehrmacht insignia, boots and ammo pouch for the MP40 Mags.

mp40 mag pouches are £25 on soldier of fortune website, they do all repro uniforms, webbing ect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well I've got my Steel helmet with insigna, Medic-Officers M43 tunic, M43 combat pants, K98 Bayonet(replica-false edged) with scabbard, Y webbing harness, equipment belt with replica army buckle and my STG-44 pouches,
    Just waiting to pick up an STG44 and I'm pretty much set

cool kit how much did it cost ya?

cool kit how much did it cost ya?

I couldnt honestly give you a accurate figure, most of the stuff except the helmet and tunic were bought of www.soldieroffortune.co.uk,
    The helmet and tunic were bought at a surplus store on lower cecil street in limerick city, I bought the insignia for the helmet(transfers) off soldier of fortune

Killinator wrote: »
    I couldnt honestly give you a accurate figure, most of the stuff except the helmet and tunic were bought of www.soldieroffortune.co.uk,
    The helmet and tunic were bought at a surplus store on lower cecil street in limerick city, I bought the insignia for the helmet(transfers) off soldier of fortune

whats shipping like from soldier of fortune?

thermo wrote: »
    whats shipping like from soldier of fortune?

Its 15 GBP flat rate for anything over 30 GBP in price or up to 30kg in weight,
    It takes 2-3 days to process(there quite busy), and then usually 2-3 days to arrive, they dont take money off your card until the goods actually ship

so is there a rough number yet of people interested in a ww2 team??
    i am just need funds at the moment, damed recession!!

• Advertisement

so there might a ww2 airsoft team being set up ?

Advertisement