Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i've finally done it!!

Options
  • 11-04-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

got up this morn,,sick to the back teeth of walking and decided i'm going to try jog abit,,so i did.:Pwell if you count 1 min jog 1 min walk then i did,,anyone that knows me here knows how long i have been talking about doing this,,so usually the 3 mile takes me 45-50 mins and this morn it took me 40.So i'm a happy little camper.just like to say thanks to everyone for the encouragement and roll on Flora mini marathon:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

good stuff keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

well done tantipie, a 1000 miles starts with a single step and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Good stuff congrats, keep it up and you be obsessed with marathons and ultras like the rest of us in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well Done!!!I'll have to up my game so to try and keep up with you in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done. The first jogged steps are often the hardest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Well done tantipie I knew this day would come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

thanks guys,,ok so yesterday i did 1 min jog, 1 min walk 9 times and a final 2 min jog home,,,i was so impressed with me,,yey me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Well done tantipie, progress will come with small bit consistent steps, considering how good you felt yesterday, imagine what the finish of a marathon will feel like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Well done Taintipie, i've been lurking and watching in here:cool: I've only started lately too and have a 3.2 mile loop door to door which takes me 40 mins too (jog/ walk). I'm aiming for 35 soon... gotta get the courage to run the first and last bits and deal with the neighbours comments :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

good stuff.

• Advertisement

littlebug wrote: »
    Well done Taintipie, i've been lurking and watching in here:cool: I've only started lately too and have a 3.2 mile loop door to door which takes me 40 mins too (jog/ walk). I'm aiming for 35 soon... gotta get the courage to run the first and last bits and deal with the neighbours comments :o.

well wat i did yesterday was start outside our estate,,up an old country rd,,but i usually do the ring,,,and that includes going through the village,,and knew there no way i'd jog throught the vilage,,so instead i went as far as the cross roads before the village,,and just turned around again,,i passed nobody at all thank god,,a few cars,,but i was in the zone,,i didnt care,,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

tantipie wrote: »
    well wat i did yesterday was start outside our estate,,up an old country rd,,but i usually do the ring,,,and that includes going through the village,,and knew there no way i'd jog throught the vilage,,so instead i went as far as the cross roads before the village,,and just turned around again,,i passed nobody at all thank god,,a few cars,,but i was in the zone,,i didnt care,,:D

dont be bothered what u think people might be saying/thinking. with the growing numbers of men and women of all shapes sizes abilities etc running races all over the country its not unusual to see people training. good for u . have an attitude and dont give a fck about mockers. takes guts and im sure u have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Fair play Tantipie and Littlebug, keep going and don't worry about your neighbours seeing you! Betcha they'd be jealous that you are getting out there and getting fitter and fitter! I used to see my neighbours twitching their curtains and imagined them sniggering at me huffing and puffing down the road. The other day one of them said she was well impressed with my running and wished she could do it herself!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sf147

Well Done Tantipie!!!

Just started the Couch to 5K programme, and am trying to start running myself!!!

:D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good stuff, Couch to 5k is a great way to start. I did it last summer, enjoyed it and got hooked on running somewhere along the way :)

Tantipie, well done on getting started :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Good stuff Tantipie, I told you it was easy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Well done!! I'm well impressed.

just back from another walk/run,,was good really enjoyed it,,cant believe it's my 1st week down of couch already,,:pac:

ok so just did 90 secs jog 2 mins walk,,6 times,,have to admit the 5th jog nearly killed me and ended up only doin it for 1 min,,calf is sore now also,,but good to have started it,,

What you might try and do around tea time or later today, is to flex and massage the calf muscle that is giving you trouble. Don't go overboard, just give it a rub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

just spotted this! good luck with training and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

day 2 week 2,,today felt so good,,dyin with my calf tho,could hardly walk coming in home,,but it has loosened out now,,think i need to up the stretchin a bit:ptryin to have positive thoughts when i go running,,instead of thinkin oh my god im going to die,,im thinkin oh it such a gorgeous day,,have robert who's 43:rolleyes: in my ear also telling me when to run and when to walk,,roll on week 3

tantipie wrote: »
    day 2 week 2,,today felt so good,,dyin with my calf tho,could hardly walk coming in home,,but it has loosened out now,,think i need to up the stretchin a bit:ptryin to have positive thoughts when i go running,,instead of thinkin oh my god im going to die,,im thinkin oh it such a gorgeous day,,have robert who's 43:rolleyes: in my ear also telling me when to run and when to walk,,roll on week 3

Well done misses. You're still a fair bit ahead of me with the ole training I think. I reckon I'll be the one trying to keep up with you on June 1st lol

ok final day of week 2 done,,felt ok still a bit of trouble with my calf but not too bad,,just realised it's impossible to run when you have something on your mind,,now i know how hubby feels when he goes out for a run and comes home early,,i never understood,;)

ok so just started week 3 today day 1

i want more,,i loved it,who'd have thought i could run for 3 minutes and not die:Dstill cramping in my right calf,,but my shins are all better now,,

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Well done getting started! You're not too far behind me, have just started myself!!
    Keep up the good work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

Just come across this thread...

Well done to all those who are taking the first steps towards their goals... Reading the thread just brought everything back to me from when I first started jogging/running (which wasn't too long ago!!!). I was a smoker (now an ex-smoker), over-weight etc... Although I am heading to do another marathon shortly I can still clearly recall how sickly I felt after my first three miles...

Stick with it and take your time building up miles etc... There will be good and bad experiences along the way but the good always out-weigh the bad. Look back in a few weeks/months and you will realise just how much progress you have made...

Best of luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

well done Tantipie,
    I'm right there with ya... lovin' that feeling of achievement everytime I go out and knock another little bit off my time or run for a little bit longer/ further. It's quite addictive!

Well done! I'm bloody impressed with you, you've done really well!

• Advertisement

Well done :D:D:D

Advertisement