Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suited & booted £99 & £3.95 PP Suit, shoes, shirt & tie [IN STOCK]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is this not the second time that a Burton promotion has gone arseways due to delivery and such??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

mine arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭savemejebus

20% off everything on their site today and tomorrow, though if you try and use your 10% welcome voucher the 20% is wiped off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got a reply from Nadine at Burton:
    Dear basquille,

Thank you for your email received 22 April 2009.

Unfortunately, our couriers were unable to deliver your parcel as they made a number of failed deliveries. They have therefore sent it back to us, and we will refund you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, and hope that you will continue to enjoy shopping with us.

Regards,

Nadine
    Burton Customer Service

And my response:
    Nadine,

That's an absolutely dreadful excuse.

All I can say is I'd recommend that you change couriers. I buy online roughly 3 - 4 times a week and I've dealt with plenty of couriers.

The typical procedure if a courier makes a failed delivery, they leave a note or contact you in someway advising you of such. I received no such notification of a delivery, never mind "a number of failed deliveries".. like normal people, I work a 9 - 5 job and can't be at home waiting for deliveries. But never have I dealt with a courier so incompetent that they can't slip a note in the door.. it's standard practice.

I would preferred if the order was re-sent to me when it was received back into your warehouse.. but after experiencing the current practices of your courier.. don't bother!

I'll buy elsewhere in future!

Regards,

basquille

Last time I deal with them! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

what email address did you sent it to?

• Advertisement

Keith C wrote: »
    what email address did you sent it to?
    I just replied to the e-mail address it was sent from: customer.service@burton.co.uk

Received my stuff (non suited and booded but 20% off) from Burton today. A word of warning for anyone looking at their "navy tonic" suit. It's the shinyiest and cheapest looking yoke i've ever seen. It's 100% wool but feels more like the cheapest polyester.

Also their sizes are bleedin tiny. Lucky for me as the suit (ordered in my usual size) didn't fit so brought it back to the local burtons for a refund. That went smoothly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Logic lads logic, most lads wearing a burton suit are 'going away' for a few months.....hence the failed gurrier sorry courier deliveries! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

basquille wrote: »
    I just replied to the e-mail address it was sent from: customer.service@burton.co.uk

You sign stuff basquille? Awesome

Bambi

Bambi wrote: »
    You sign stuff basquille? Awesome

Bambi
    Nope.. not quite. I use my real name.

Well.. that or my pen name: "Guy Incognito"

750px-GuyIncognitoProject_edited-.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Anyone still waiting for a Suit? I was holding off on emailing them in case they just cancelled straight away. But, it's been ages now so I'm gunna query them...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dixon

I got the cancellation could not deliver excuse they're spouting out, was not happy, sent this email back when they told me to reorder the suit (maybe a bit harsh):

"Hi Nadine,

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable, I placed an order already for the suit, your reason for cancellation was that the delivery could not be made; I have no evidence that a delivery was even attempted.

You took payment from me for a suit, I ensured that there was someone at home to take the delivery all last week, I took time off work. Now you are telling me that I have to go through the process again for no fault of my own? Not only that but you are telling me I will have to miss out on the deal that is now expired that made me choose your website over others in the first place?

Also the refunded amount didn't even include the delivery charge I originally paid for, so in effect, I paid for, and spent my time to be horribly inconvenienced by your company? I hope you can see and understand my frustration with this scenario."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Glad I gave these clowns a miss, pity they have some nice gear.

Ah well, they will no doubt not give a cr@p.

MC

Glad I gave these clowns a miss, pity they have some nice gear.

Ah well, they will no doubt not give a cr@p.

MC

sad but true.

Nadine wrote back to my e-mail with an offer of 10% off my next order for the inconvienience caused...

.. they can shag off!

They still haven't replied to mine, I'll let you know what she says. Think they're going down the 'let's just ignore him and see if he goes away' route.

I ordered another £100 of clothes using the 20% off, went in to check the status a few days later & my order was cancelled.
    Got a response from Tai that i had cancelled the order :confused:
    I also told them bout P&P & they refunded it.

So ive have 2 x £100 orders cancelled. My 2 cents is with every £100 they honour (before apr 29th) they would have to provide £50/£100 of vouchers as per their promotion, which is why they're cancelling every order so they dont have to give the vouchers. Would love to know if anyone got those vouchers.

Funny enough my first orger in Feb was £145 no problem with delivery at that stage :rolleyes:

My recent email

Hi Tai
    I didn't cancel any order at all. I find it highly suspect that my 2x £100 + orders have been cancelled during the promotion of spend £50 get up to £50 vouchers etc..
    I think your excuses are a poor way of avoiding awarding money off vouchers to customers.
    I had a £100+ order go thru & be delivered fine when there was no such promotion.

I shall not be placing any more orders from your website due to the constant non fulfillment of contracts.

Kind Regards

Keith

After complaining to Burton a second time and getting my P&P refunded. I got a further e-mail from a Joel Evans saying:
    Thank you for your email following the return of your order to us.

I was also sorry to learn of the problems that this order has caused you and can appreciate your frustration with this. We depend upon our couriers to get parcels to our customers and I can see how this has affected your view of us. Rest assured that we have taken this matter up with our couriers as we would not want something like this to happen again.

I have refunded you for your postage and packaging costs and if you would like to re-order I will also refund these costs on your next purchase. I have noted that you were not satisfied that we carry forward your 10% so please take this email to receive a 20% discount off your next order with us as well. Please therefore reply to this email with your next order number and I will be happy to apply these discounts for you.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I hope that despite this unfortunate situation you may continue to enjoy shopping with Burton.
    Hmmmmm.. should I hold out for an 80% discount?! :D

basquille wrote: »
    After complaining to Burton a second time and getting my P&P refunded. I got a further e-mail from a Joel Evans saying:

Hmmmmm.. should I hold out for an 80% discount?! :D

Do! These guys are a joke!

Just got my vouchers in the mail today. Wonder will they be suiting and booting for €99 again this month?

• Advertisement

Just got the refund you guys have been talking about.
    "Although these items weren't what you were looking for, we're constantly adding new lines..." They were what I was looking for. Pricks! I turned down a handy offer of a suit in debenhams 2 weeks ago as i thought this was on it's way. I'm also going to write a strongly worded e-mail....

Dear Mr Dixon,

Thank you for your email received 1 May 2009.

I was sorry to note your comments, I can understand how frustrating this has been. I can see you have been charged for postage, I have refunded this for you and your bank should credit it to your account shortly.

I hope that this is a satisfactory resolution, but if there is anything further I can help with please do not hesitate to contact me by responding to this email.

Regards,

Noel
    Burton Customer Service

To which I replied:
    Dear Noel,

Should that not read thank you for your email received 26th April, and your request for a response to that email received 1st May?

Needless to say I will not be shopping with Burton again, and I will be advising the people I told about the great deal I got on a suit to, in fact, stay away despite my previous enthusiasm.

Regards,

Think I'm working myself into a rage here.

judging from responses on this thread burton lost at least £500 + by cancelling all these orders, must be a booming company that can afford to turn down money in a recession!

Advertisement