Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a new type of begging?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Oh FFS, the things these feckers come up with.. and I thought the windscreen washing at traffic lights was annoying - at least you could see what they were up to before they approached :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Pfft. The underpants gnomes only need 3 steps. You are doing 33% more work for the same result.

Well they've been sub-contracting the work out to me so I suppose I was always going to end up with the short end of the stick wick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

This is not a new form of begging.

When you get the candle wapped in the begging script, work it well into your hole and coat it in dry winnits.

Then give it back to her.

Only language they understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

If those beggar's are annoying ye so much what you should do is a lil modification to your car's

Change the the little squirter with the windscreen fluid in it,turn it ever so slightly towards the drivers door rather than facing the windscreen and when they come up press the button and you can soak em real good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

Saw two of them at the weekend there Newlands Cross traffic lights - as i passed through there the first time a motorbike guarda pulled in and gave out to them.. they seemed uninterested... on my way back through the lights on way home they were doing it again... work on one junction then leg it across to the other as the lights change..

Would love to just as lights about to turn green go.. "yoink!".. *wheelspin* and tear off when lights change... Free Candles FTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

First saw this 2 yers ago, it was a toy car with message then. Your man wouldn't take it back, so I just dropped it on the ground. Hadn't seen it again (for over a year) until a couple of weeks ago again. They normally have satchals with them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Should have rolled up the window and give her the bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

twanda wrote: »
    and I thought the windscreen washing at traffic lights was annoying :mad:

i haven't seen that in ages, it was all the rage back in the early 90s,

wonder will it make an unwelcome return with the recession and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'd have taken the note, gotten my sharphie outta the centre console and handed it back to her:

"Please buy this product, I have one child and no job."

SUUUUURRE.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

would i get much if i gave you a candle with the truth - have job and no children but robbing ba**ard government have stolen most my wages and need money for bills - would the honesty work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Im surprised no one has mentioned the real annoyance that no matter what you give them for their poxy candle/small cuddly toy/pen etc ,2 3 or more euro, they will scowl at you and demand more as if you are the tightest git on Earth.It ends up being a MAJOR hassle and probably ordeal for a girl/female ...This was all the rage on the continent in the 90s at outdoor restaurants/cafes etc ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I keep a replica in the glove compartment for such occasions.

I couldnt keep a genuine, Id have no hesitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

id light her up if she is as described...

was she Romanian ?

Advertisement