Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hobby Airsoft shop in kildare.Any good?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Yeah Dread I was looking at that one but the nbb part turned me off it.
    Do you have to cock the slide after every shot?

I was looking at this one http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=210502&cat=01&subcat=02
    You know if its any good?

I was also looking at this http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?cmd=detail&id=180501&cat=01&subcat=01

You know if its any good?

Dead right. Alot of snipers use NBBs as they are quieter. For example the TM MK23 Socom is a favorite of snipers because, especially with the silencer attached, it is almost completely silent. Having said that, blow back is great fun and feels lovely. But performance wise, they are near identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Ok thanks Shiva.You run Eirsoft?

If I was to buy an airsoft gun off you,but then hated it when I got it home and started using it,Would i be able to bring it back to you and get money back or change it for a different one?

Whilst I dont encourage it, because we cant re-sell a rifle as new if its been used, we have done it in the past, yes. Providing the gun and the packaging is in the same condition as when you purchased it, naturally.

We had a young lad come back about a week or so ago with an AUG A1 that had been skirmished four or five times going by the scratches and mud on it, and with no box, and he wanted to know if we'd change it for something else because he "didnt like it". Needless to say, he wasn't entertained :) But if you go home, take it out of the box, and hate it, then yeah, we'd accomodate you. But in fairness, that shouldnt happen - we let people hold and dry fire guns before they buy them if they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Shiva wrote: »
    Whilst I dont encourage it, because we cant re-sell a rifle as new if its been used, we have done it in the past, yes. Providing the gun and the packaging is in the same condition as when you purchased it, naturally.

We had a young lad come back about a week or so ago with an AUG A1 that had been skirmished four or five times going by the scratches and mud on it, and with no box, and he wanted to know if we'd change it for something else because he "didnt like it". Needless to say, he wasn't entertained :) But if you go home, take it out of the box, and hate it, then yeah, we'd accomodate you. But in fairness, that shouldnt happen - we let people hold and dry fire guns before they buy them if they want to.

Yeah thats totally understandable.Obviously you're not going to entertain someone like that.
    Ok Shiva.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Just a small update on this - I took a run down to this shop today to have a look at some AEGs - I was suprised to find his stock is way more varied than the website would have you believe - he has loads of stuff - TM, CA, G&G as well as the cybergun stuff. Decent sized shop, and he mentioned that he's expanding to a second store in Rathcoole soon - business in airsoft must be good :-)

He was pretty chatty, and I was able to try out any of the guns - he has many of them on display, and he's happy for you to look and poke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

That shops great, the handgun selection is bloody awesome, very very nice, must drop in when i get home again actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

he's a sound bloke. i was their on friday picking up some silicone oil and he threw me two slings and a busted sight(to play around with) for free:D.
    he let me try out a blowback AEG(no iead what model - king arms) letal piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I have to agree with everything said here, top class outfit.
    Went in yesterday and got great value, and your man is dead on.

Well worth a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

Whats wrong with the website? I was logging on to the website and my computer said it was too dangerous and contained malicious software.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have only being to the dublin branch once, but must make a trip out again.

Very helpful friendly atmosphere with a really nice range of stuff at competitive prices.

I am very tempted by some of the king arms stuff I got to fondle with.

The pistols were very nice too an an absolute bargain price for co2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Whats wrong with the website? I was logging on to the website and my computer said it was too dangerous and contained malicious software.
    Site has been hacked.We've had to get it 'cleaned' and resubmitted to host server.Its ok now, however appparently it may take Google a while to remove the warning.
    I've said this before but its worth repeating our website was originally set up for people to buy who had no knowledge of airsoft.We kept things very simple and concentrated on selling springers and cheap AEG'S.Since then as a company we've moved on quite a lot and to a large extent we find our website as more of a source of embarrassment.However we still believe in a simple format but intend on adding G&G and Kings Arms dedicated sections.
    Believe it or not, we still do a lot of business off the web from newbies.I dont think retailers realise that to a person new to Airsoft it can be quite baffling as to what all the abreviations mean and i know we pick up a lot of business from guys who just want to buy something simple just to get started in Airsoft.
    We have recently submitted over 250 A4 pages of changes and additions to the site which we hope will bring it up to standard.So, warning and improvements should be sorted quite soon.

• Advertisement

i hope the site is okay soon i wanna have a look at those g&g's

wtf? the g&g's aint on the site, wrent they ment to be on the website a few weeks ago? do you still sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

wtf? the g&g's aint on the site, wrent they ment to be on the website a few weeks ago? do you still sell them?

Shredder, yes we still sell G&G's and the actual range we do has increased.

As for the website, still working on it, as you will see from Ricka's post on the 27/08.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gavt18

could any tel meif the ak47s are any good thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

gavt18 wrote: »
    could any tel meif the ak47s are any good thanx
    Ask in there thread,I'm sure ricka or sarsoft would give you some information on this product:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055576688&page=14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dnallb

Do any of u know if the budget guns are ok... like i know their not going to be excellent but just want to know if their workin... esp the m4 aeg they have for 60e i think...:confused:

Advertisement