Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Quattro Games did you have for C64??

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just had a flash back of a couple of these that I owned back in the day.

This one, prop my favourite one of them all:

238135018_tp.jpg

What fond memories I had of Olli & Lissa 3.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I had Combat and Sports for the c64. I think I picked them up for about £2.99 back in the day! Arcade flight was actually pretty good :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

ahh Quattro Combat, wasnt there a game on that called Ninja Massacre which was very like gauntlet?
    SAS Combat Simulator wasnt a bad game either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure if it was a quattro release but i had one with Jet Set Willy, Beach Head, some weird castle of something game that was **** and another game I can't think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not sure if it was a quattro release but i had one with Jet Set Willy, Beach Head, some weird castle of something game that was **** and another game I can't think of.

That wasn't part of the quattro series. That sounds like it was the first They Sold A Million comp by Hitsquad, which were a bunch of full priced games thrown into compilation form before being placed on the budget market.

http://www.commodorehdcovers.com/spgm/gal/09Compilations/The%20sold%20a%20million%201%20(hitsquad).jpg
    This look familiar? ;) I didn't want to embed it cos the image was too big.

The quattro series was issued out by Codemasters. These guys were the kings of budget releases and when they sold all they could in the budget market, they threw a four pack worth of budget comps for the price of one budget game.

I had a few, quattro adventure, sports, combat and whatever the racing one was called for the Amstrad. :)

djsim wrote: »
    ahh Quattro Combat, wasnt there a game on that called Ninja Massacre which was very like gauntlet?

Yeah, Adam Waring was the guy responsible for it. He was tech writer of sorts for Amstrad Action magazine from 89-91. Like most of his games, they were fairly rubbish speccy ports. Gauntlet spawned several good 8 bit clones, but that definitely wasn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

OMG I remember Little Puff on C64, never could finish it but kept going back to it anyway, same for Johnny Quest and the Dizzy games, couldn't finish any puzzle game back then once you got stuck and there was no internet to look up a walkthrough.

Thargor wrote: »
    and there was no internet to look up a walkthrough.

Nope, there was the trip to Easons once a month with £5 in your hand, and ten minutes later you walked home with your monthly comp magazine. You were broke for weeks and your feet were sore from spending your bus fare when Easons hiked up the price again, but at least you got to finish that game through either the walkthrough or a cheat printed in the mag. :D

Advertisement