Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Where is the place to go for a nice takeaway coffee in Waterford?? Down in ardkeen for the day and want to get one before I head home. I don’t mind Costa but somewhere a bit nicer preferably seeing as I’m not down here often. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

Where is the place to go for a nice takeaway coffee in Waterford?? Down in ardkeen for the day and want to get one before I head home. I don’t mind Costa but somewhere a bit nicer preferably seeing as I’m not down here often. Thanks.

GIY - https://giy.ie/
    Not sure if their restaurant is open but they have a horsebox out front selling coffee and treats

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

ardkeen shop does very nice coffee and very close by too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ardkeen Stores and Loko do nice coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,906 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

PTH2009 wrote: »

She wants it protected from what?

She must expect to make money from it! :D:D

She wants it protected from what?

She must expect to make money from it! :D:D

Maybe she's writing 'ET Part 2 the Waterford Days'

or she's scared the Aliens will come back and capture her for talking about them

https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/06/04/a-ufo-was-in-my-garden-co-waterford-listener-spooked-by-strange-sighting/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Is this some sort of piss take??

Is this some sort of piss take??

Ye never know with humans ..... they can convince themselves of anything.

The pics shown here certainly show it to me as a shiny balloon, half inflated, blowing about.
    https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/06/04/a-ufo-was-in-my-garden-co-waterford-listener-spooked-by-strange-sighting/

But it might just be an alien craft with tiny aliens in it, determined to explore our world!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Would love to hear what Nasa make of that myself. Please post a link if there is an update folks.

• Advertisement

panicbuyer wrote: »
    Just back from the Saratoga Bar, had to sign in before i was served, Alvin Srardust was in the building. The sign in book with everyone s details on show, must be a GDPR violation. Pints flat, even the sevenup for the missus was flat, tasted of detergent.

Sounds like a horrible experience.
    Used to be a great place some years ago ...... not that I remember a lot of those nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

panicbuyer wrote:
    Just back from the Saratoga Bar, had to sign in before i was served, Alvin Srardust was in the building. The sign in book with everyone s details on show, must be a GDPR violation. Pints flat, even the sevenup for the missus was flat, tasted of detergent.

Know others that were there to, they seemed very happy with everything, marquee looked very spacious

Yikes, sounds awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

You got medicine as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what's parking like at Whitfield and Affidea (above Insomnia in Ardkeen) these days? Thanks
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

minibear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me what's parking like at Whitfield and Affidea (above Insomnia in Ardkeen) these days? Thanks
    :)

No problem getting parking near Affidea. I don't know about Whitfield but I expect it should be fine.

Went to the medieval museum yesterday. It was rather quiet. The first two rooms (choristers hall and wine vault) seemed really bare. There was as a glass panel on the ground down there but you couldn't even see what was under it because there was as no light. Overall a good experience but I think they should change up those parts a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Went to the medieval museum yesterday. It was rather quiet. The first two rooms (choristers hall and wine vault) seemed really bare. There was as a glass panel on the ground down there but you couldn't even see what was under it because there was as no light. Overall a good experience but I think they should change up those parts a little.

Was there last year for the first time, loved it, must go again

Has anyone tried Phatt Cows burgers? They look savage

Has anyone tried Phatt Cows burgers? They look savage

Yeah had them a while back and they were pretty tasty but nothing overly special compared to the usual places

• Advertisement

Yeah had them a while back and they were pretty tasty but nothing overly special compared to the usual places

Ah ok. Are they comparable to like Oscars/revolutions burgers or more like a chippers burgers?

Ah ok. Are they comparable to like Oscars/revolutions burgers or more like a chippers burgers?

Yeah a bit more fancier than chipper burgers

I found them alright. One of the best burgers I had in Waterford was in Burzza about five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Back at last.😀

The new layout is shite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

Interesting to see that Euro 2020 player of the tournament Donnarumma played in the RSC back in 2016

Can't believe that chap is only 22! He looks way older than that full beard on em and all.

Tom Murphy is advertising some job bridge position for someone to wash cars..

Very sad news coming from Tramore. Rip to the poor individual and best wishes to his family

https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/07/25/man-60s-dies-in-tramore-beach-incident/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

If supermacs drive thru opens this weekend it’s going to be some nightmare with traffic down that way I went past this morning and it looks like it’s just one road into it and then it veers off into the drive thru and the car park ,I can see the queues already!

Advertisement